Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #31
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Moron. That shit is addictive. I thought that I wouldnt get hooked, but I am and while its nice to smoke among friends, it ruins your health and costs me $5 a day to keep my habbit going (yea packs are 5 dollars here). That should tell you something. 3 years smoking and the past year has been a pack a day. Dont start take it from me.

Yeah...I've been thinking of quitting, but I don't really smoke because I like it, but when some of my friends are, and I've got nothing to do lol...but I guess I'll stop by the end of the month (I hope )
Old 01-09-2006, 03:45 AM   #32
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Yeah...I've been thinking of quitting, but I don't really smoke because I like it, but when some of my friends are, and I've got nothing to do lol...but I guess I'll stop by the end of the month (I hope )
Poser alert!! if you smoke once or twice a month it doesnt mean you need to quit it means that you do it to look cool, and most likely dont inhale.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:51 AM   #33
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Poser alert!! if you smoke once or twice a month it doesnt mean you need to quit it means that you do it to look cool, and most likely dont inhale.

No...I do inhale, but just don't find it addictive, but I do mainly do it to look cool, but also because everyone else is doing it, and it looks fun (I guess it does make me a poser then ) but still plan on quitting
Old 01-09-2006, 03:56 AM   #34
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
No...I do inhale, but just don't find it addictive, but I do mainly do it to look cool, but also because everyone else is doing it, and it looks fun (I guess it does make me a poser then ) but still plan on quitting
You cant quit smoking if youre not addicted. Just stop trying to look cool with smoking and get a nice car. Makes you look a lot better. The money you spend on cigarettes in a year you can get a car for that. And a pretty decent one if you smoke a pack a day like I do.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:00 AM   #35
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
You cant quit smoking if youre not addicted. Just stop trying to look cool with smoking and get a nice car. Makes you look a lot better. The money you spend on cigarettes in a year you can get a car for that. And a pretty decent one if you smoke a pack a day like I do.

What are you trying to prove? That what YOU do is wrong? It sounds hypocritical.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:01 AM   #36
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:

Not that I'm addicted, but it feels awkward just sitting there...But I'm going to quit still...
Old 01-09-2006, 04:07 AM   #37
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well considering a pack of smokes (with 25 in it) costs $8-$10 depending on the brand, that is a lot of money and adds up quickly if your a heavy smoker.

I myself have never tried it (as not worth the money if you get addicted), almost like weed (except they say you can't get addicted to that).

And Chris, did you forget that we make up for the one year vsmoking age by having a 2 year drinking advantage (Smokes: US-18, Canada-19, Alcohol: US-21, Canada-19).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:10 AM   #38
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
What are you trying to prove? That what YOU do is wrong? It sounds hypocritical.
No im telling him to learn from MY mistakes dumbwad. Werent you the one that always talks about starting

Old 01-09-2006, 04:11 AM   #39
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well considering a pack of smokes (with 25 in it) costs $8-$10 depending on the brand, that is a lot of money and adds up quickly if your a heavy smoker.

I myself have never tried it (as not worth the money if you get addicted), almost like weed (except they say you can't get addicted to that).

And Chris, did you forget that we make up for the one year vsmoking age by having a 2 year drinking advantage (Smokes: US-18, Canada-19, Alcohol: US-21, Canada-19).

Yeah, I got them confused, and thought drinking and smoking started at the same time
Old 01-09-2006, 04:11 AM   #40
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89

****ers.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:50 AM   #41
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
.... how do you know what he does it for, or how he does it? And if he doesn't want to do it anymore, then he needs to quit.

I call you as the poser who thinks that only real smokers have a pack a day or more.

If he does it once a month to look cool, you must do it 25 times a day to look uber-cool.

why do you do it? ... relaxation? If so, maybe he only needs it twice a month.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:52 AM   #42
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Meh I have no advice in this arena, as Im pretty sure everyone knows how much I love smoking. ...In fact.

Its break time kids!
Old 01-09-2006, 04:54 AM   #43
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
.... how do you know what he does it for, or how he does it? And if he doesn't want to do it anymore, then he needs to quit.

I call you as the poser who thinks that only real smokers have a pack a day or more.

If he does it once a month to look cool, you must do it 25 times a day to look uber-cool.

why do you do it? ... relaxation? If so, maybe he only needs it twice a month.

Quote:

Does that answer your question as to why he does it? Did you miss that or simply ignore it?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:56 AM   #44
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Does that answer your question as to why he does it? Did you miss that or simply ignore it?
.... yeah, but newyorker didn't know that.

ok ... so let's let him get away with the looking cool assumption, because it turned out to be correct.

how does the reason for smoking dictate whether or not he needs to quit?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:33 AM   #45
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
.... yeah, but newyorker didn't know that.

ok ... so let's let him get away with the looking cool assumption, because it turned out to be correct.

how does the reason for smoking dictate whether or not he needs to quit?

I guess this would msotly be opiniong based, so there would be no right or wrong answer. But if you are simply doing something that harmful to your body, simply to "Look Cool" you have some serious confidence issues. And even Chris_Knows himself stated he agreed he needed to quit for this reason.

Personally I'm only 17 now but I know what its like growing up with peer pressure and such. But I never knew how serious adults were when they said so many kids just gave in to "Look Cool" or be apart of the crowd. I think that is one of the most ignorant things. And personally I never have and never will give into peer pressure, although I myself don't find it hard to make that choice even if it leaves me with 4 friends instead of 40. Maybe it's jsut me, I don't know. But I do know that even a retard with a double-digit I.Q. can distinguish the difference. Everyone who simply does it to be apart of the crowd and look cool are insecure, ignorant-wannabe's that just want to jump on the bandwagon with everyone else. But hey thats just my opinion.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote