Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Insurance and Waranty on Modifications?

What are the rules regarding Insurance and Waranties on modified cars? (body Kit, rims, exhaust, cold air).

How do I get the insurer to cover my modded parts, which ones cover these types of things?

Seeing as I'm not modifying anything that ever breaks in the first place, will I still have full waranty coverage?
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #2
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

WHAT, has nobody ever tried to bring in a Modified car under waranty, or been in an acident with a modified car? YOU GUYS call yourselvesl Car Geeks?

Wow, I'd now be surprised if any of you even knew what a cold air intake WAS. Would not surprise me at all that you are a bunch of 14 year old's driving daddy's geo tracker.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
What are the rules regarding Insurance and Waranties on modified cars? (body Kit, rims, exhaust, cold air).

How do I get the insurer to cover my modded parts, which ones cover these types of things?

Seeing as I'm not modifying anything that ever breaks in the first place, will I still have full waranty coverage?
Quote:
WHAT, has nobody ever tried to bring in a Modified car under waranty, or been in an acident with a modified car? YOU GUYS call yourselvesl Car Geeks?

Wow, I'd now be surprised if any of you even knew what a cold air intake WAS. Would not surprise me at all that you are a bunch of 14 year old's driving daddy's geo tracker.
You are an ignoramus of the worst kind. Did it ever occur to you that nobody cares about your post? Did it ever occur to you that we don't care about jerkoffs in Great Falls, VA? Did it ever occur to you that if you're so superior in knowledge and experience to all of us, that YOU should already know the answer to these half-assed questions? No, because I'm sure that in all your 13 years, nothing has occured to you yet. If you ever had an idea it would die of loneliness.

So Twinkie, I mean Mr Automotive Genius, help stupid inexperienced little old me out. If I take my 1914cc four cylinder engine and retard the camshaft timing by 4 degrees, how much as a percentage will I increase my cylinder pressure at TDC, and how much should I retard the ignition timing. I'd really appreciate your insight.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Well, looky looky, someone's a whining impatient little ****.

And yet, as hobo stated, after all your impatient little bitching...I'm still left with one thought:
Old 03-23-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
So Twinkie, I mean Mr Automotive Genius, help stupid inexperienced little old me out. If I take my 1914cc four cylinder engine and retard the camshaft timing by 4 degrees, how much as a percentage will I increase my cylinder pressure at TDC, and how much should I retard the ignition timing. I'd really appreciate your insight.
I'll help him out...It would be about a 10-15% increase in compression, depending on the engine...In some cases it wouldn't really be a good idea though. I'm guessing the engine you're using is pre-1995 (OBD-I) because otherwise the ECU would reset the ignition timing, unless you get a timing gun, but since you need to know this stuff, then I doubt you know about timing guns. For a 4 degree retard in timing, you'd need to retard the ignition about 2 degrees...But if you're retarding the timing, why not at least go like 10 degrees or something?

...Or at least according to google lol
Old 03-23-2006, 02:11 AM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:

Wow, has it occured to you that we all don't check CF 10X a day to see new posts? Yeah, I know the answers (for once) but I'm too busy driving my dad's Tracker right now to tell you.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:17 AM   #7
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Ok that's great you cool auto guys, but who can tell me if I won't void my waranty by puttin Exhaust and a Body Kit on my car, and if my insurance will cover my mods if (god forbid) I crash my ride? I've heard a lot of insurers are chill with this and will only charge you like 30$ more a year, among other things, but what do you guys know?
Old 03-23-2006, 03:20 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Ok that's great you cool auto guys, but who can tell me if I won't void my waranty by puttin Exhaust and a Body Kit on my car, and if my insurance will cover my mods if (god forbid) I crash my ride? I've heard a lot of insurers are chill with this and will only charge you like 30$ more a year, among other things, but what do you guys know?
I know I'm still waiting for my answer about cylinder pressure and you haven't responded yet. Get with the program, I'm in a hurry and need your vast experience and knowledge.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-23-2006, 03:36 AM   #9
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

I don't know, but I am SURE some one knows the answer to my Q? =)
Old 03-23-2006, 03:40 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I don't know, but I am SURE some one knows the answer to my Q? =)
Well you're the one throwing around insinuations about people's knowledge level and how slow they are to respond to your request. Now hurry up and answer my questions All Knowing one. That is... unless... you're just another 14 year old Twink out driving around in daddy's Geo Tracker.

Come on now, you have the knowledge, tell me the answer or everyone will think you're a Twink.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #11
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

You're funny, say something else funny. =)
Old 03-23-2006, 11:54 PM   #12
davsmitty
CF Addict

just ask your insurance agent what is covered. And hobo, yes your right about people being dumbasses and trying to be smartasses, but you do the same thing man. "Frankie say Relax"
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote