Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

School is Started and so has the drama

Oh ok I need someplace I can talk about the stuff going on in my life... and this seems a good a place as any... perhaps you can take away something from my life and not make the same mistakes I tend to make HEHE.

So here’s the story,
I’m in two photography classes this semester (and a writing, a math, and an acting class but these aren’t important) in my IMAG112 class we are learning portrait techniques and we get to bring in models (or do the work at home) and develop pictures in the darkroom (yay its not gonna be gone till next semester). I did the photo I will soon be talking about at home in my portrait studio.

Any way there’s this kid Dave who thinks he’s this big artist... yet he’s never sold a single print (I’ve sold lots) and he’s never own any national awards for his work (I’ve won 2 gold and 1 silver metal at national scholastics), and he’s kind of a prick and when I’m faced with that attitude I become a prick right back, its basically a alpha male vs alpha male thing.

Well I was working on a portrait I took of a girl I know (friend of my gf) she was nude (not uncommon ground for me to do) and she was laying down on a black back drop, I used a painters light to make her left side almost pure white, no flaws visible and almost no detail... her right side had shadows, you could see many details including a birth scar.

Any way my instructor loved it... showed it to the whole class and was very impressed with it... and then Dave (the prick) stands up and right out calls me a plagerousit (SP?)! He tried to claim that he was working on a similar picture, and claimed I stole his idea... after much yelling in the class with a few choice words (how dare he insult me in such a fashion!). The instructor decided that because Dave had no evidence that he was planning a similar picture that mine was original, and I was allowed to keep my photo and turn it in for our assignment.

I just don’t get some people... why does he have to do this kind of stuff?
I know I’ve never heard him talk about anything like this... I listen to my Ipod while in class and working in the dark room... there’s no way I could have heard him.

I just hate this kid... there’s no way I’d ever let it grow into a physical argument... But sometimes I just want to hit that kid with my tripod...
Thanks for letting me vent.
You guys have a nice night.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:22 AM   #2
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
Oh ok I need someplace I can talk about the stuff going on in my life... and this seems a good a place as any... perhaps you can take away something from my life and not make the same mistakes I tend to make HEHE.

So hereís the story,
Iím in two photography classes this semester (and a writing, a math, and an acting class but these arenít important) in my IMAG112 class we are learning portrait techniques and we get to bring in models (or do the work at home) and develop pictures in the darkroom (yay its not gonna be gone till next semester). I did the photo I will soon be talking about at home in my portrait studio.

Any way thereís this kid Dave who thinks heís this big artist... yet heís never sold a single print (Iíve sold lots) and heís never own any national awards for his work (Iíve won 2 gold and 1 silver metal at national scholastics), and heís kind of a prick and when Iím faced with that attitude I become a prick right back, its basically a alpha male vs alpha male thing.

Well I was working on a portrait I took of a girl I know (friend of my gf) she was nude (not uncommon ground for me to do) and she was laying down on a black back drop, I used a painters light to make her left side almost pure white, no flaws visible and almost no detail... her right side had shadows, you could see many details including a birth scar.

Any way my instructor loved it... showed it to the whole class and was very impressed with it... and then Dave (the prick) stands up and right out calls me a plagerousit (SP?)! He tried to claim that he was working on a similar picture, and claimed I stole his idea... after much yelling in the class with a few choice words (how dare he insult me in such a fashion!). The instructor decided that because Dave had no evidence that he was planning a similar picture that mine was original, and I was allowed to keep my photo and turn it in for our assignment.

I just donít get some people... why does he have to do this kind of stuff?
I know Iíve never heard him talk about anything like this... I listen to my Ipod while in class and working in the dark room... thereís no way I could have heard him.

I just hate this kid... thereís no way Iíd ever let it grow into a physical argument... But sometimes I just want to hit that kid with my tripod...
Thanks for letting me vent.
You guys have a nice night.
Um...are you still in High School???? For some reason I thought your were much older.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:25 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Yeah, there's a couple of kids in some of my classes...not to that extreme, but they take credit for other people's work, and the teachers see them doing their homework for another class.

I just try to ignore them
Old 01-12-2006, 06:25 AM   #4
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Um...are you still in High School???? For some reason I thought your were much older.

LOL, no I’m in college, 2nd year... but this stuff never ends for me... Either I just have this kind of luck... or I bring it out in people... might be the ladder.

I have one of those personalities that either you love me or you hate me… also for those that hate me; I just rub the wrong way… I don’t have to say anything to make them hate me. Hmmm who knows.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #5
SmileLines
CF Newbie

That sounds like alot like a situation that happened with me in my pottery class. I've had alot of my work entered in art shows and won quite often. Some girl got mad and was saying that I shouldn't be allowed to enter the shows because I've won before and I needed to give other people a chance, blah blah...

I would just ignore him. It's obvious he's jealous of your talent. You shouldn't have to prove yourself to everybody. Your pictures will speak for themselves and everyone will realize he's just being a jerk.

It's really awesome that your into photography. I love photography, I'm not all that great at it, but I can appreciate all the work that goes into it. Do you have a website with some of your work?

Last edited by SmileLines : 01-12-2006 at 08:45 AM.
SmileLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

TFK - He's probably just pissed cuz:

a) you clearly rock his socks when it comes to photography
b) you're probably getting better marks
c) he can't get any girls to pose nude for him
d) he probably grew up getting what he wanted, and being the teachers bitch...ahem...pet, and isn't enjoying watching someone else being in the spotlight.

IMHO, ignore this ****er. Obviously the teacher knows that you have produced quality work before, and will take your word over his. I mean yeah, I'm sure it's a royal pain in the ass, but sometimes it's better to let shit slide, and this is probably one of those times. He isn't worth the bother.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

ya, obviously he’s just jealous... I wish I could just ignore him... but sometimes its hard... Wait till he sees my plan for my next photo... there’s a girl in class that I know he’s got a thing for and she’s agreed to pose for me
Ya im evil.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

No offense, but to me it sounds like there's a hidden agenda to show off in this thread as much as there is to tell the story.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:02 AM   #9
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
No offense, but to me it sounds like there's a hidden agenda to show off in this thread as much as there is to tell the story.
Nope, Id never do that
Old 01-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #10
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima

ehhhhh....not really, it's more to get shit off his chest then anything...i mean, yeah, there is some grain of truth to him looking for attention...but i wouldn't say that was the "whole" reason...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #11
ride3k
CF Addict

do you have a link for any pictures? your light/dark (assumeing thats what the pic you talked about was) pic sounds fassinating, i wonder what your other work looks like.

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:39 AM   #12
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
do you have a link for any pictures? your light/dark (assumeing thats what the pic you talked about was) pic sounds fassinating, i wonder what your other work looks like.

Or maybeh you just want to see some nakey girl? Seriosuly though i'd like to see it as well, and not for the accused fore-mentioned reason, if you are allowed to reveal it.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #13
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Or maybeh you just want to see some nakey girl? Seriosuly though i'd like to see it as well, and not for the accused fore-mentioned reason, if you are allowed to reveal it.

psh, i would never just want to see the naked female body in his pictures, its all about the MEANING! gosh, going and insulting me like that, i am offended

on a side note,

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #14
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

****ing kick his ass...

btw yah i wanna see your pics too man, sounds like you got talent, no im not perving out i just wanna see ur skillz
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #15
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
LOL, no Iím in college, 2nd year... but this stuff never ends for me... Either I just have this kind of luck... or I bring it out in people... might be the ladder.

I have one of those personalities that either you love me or you hate meÖ also for those that hate me; I just rub the wrong wayÖ I donít have to say anything to make them hate me. Hmmm who knows.
Wow, college, and this guy's acting like this. OKKKKKKKK. He clearly pitches for the "other" team