Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #31
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSpirit
Relax, nobody asked you to reply.

actually buddy you started it. It may have not been name calling, but it was another form of trying to pick a fight.

Quote:
Why don't you go jump his shit instead?


because I agree with him, you are a Fu**ing moron

Quote:
And as long as you want to insult, me, I have no fears of adversity or of being outnumbered; I will retaliate.


you also started this also by saying "you guys need to stop riding hobos cock"

Quote:
Again, wipe the VWHOMO nut off your chin.


again with the insults, why don't you take your own advise and get some anger managment classes
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #32
SteelSpirit
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
you're looking at it backwards. if someone is knowledgeable, yet they still throw around insults, while not displaying that knowledge, does that make them not knowledgable? the comparison should be that rapist is equal to the knowledgeable person. you're the one saying the rapist is a cool guy.
True that; my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
funny. i used the keyword you used (did you even look at the attachment where i used "UGLY*", like you said, and then it turned up the thread i was talking about?
I was using "ugliest" as a key word. The thread you mentioned spelled it "uglyest". A simple oversight on my part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
i was talking about the fact that a diploma does not determine intelligence. seems you missed my point...
No, I didn't miss your point-- I was just being a dick because I am pissed off now. Again, my bad.
In the interest of good sportsmanship and being considerate, I am ending this thread. Sorry things got so out of hand. I do realize that two wrongs don't make a right, but I always finish what I start and I felt that his comments were uncalled for. I have just as bad a temper and as much self-respect as the next guy I suppose.
Peace out.
SteelSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #33
SteelSpirit
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
actually buddy you started it. It may have not been name calling, but it was another form of trying to pick a fight.
Perhaps you didn't read the comment he made that prompted me make my original statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
because I agree with him, you are a Fu**ing moron
Thus proving you are an idiot as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
you also started this also by saying "you guys need to stop riding hobos cock"
Which I of course only stated when you all chimed in and ganged up on me, even though he started slinging insults first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
again with the insults, why don't you take your own advise and get some anger managment classes
I did; they didn't help.
SteelSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #34
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
I just tried this site's search engine again and it turned up no threads with the word "UGLY*".
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSpirit
I was using "ugliest" as a key word. The thread you mentioned spelled it "uglyest". A simple oversight on my part.
huh? i STILL find that thread using "ugliest"... and which is it? "ugly*" or "ugliest"?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ugly cars thread2.JPG (36.1 KB, 8 views)
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #35
SteelSpirit
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
I just tried this site's search engine again and it turned up no threads with the word "UGLY*".

huh? i STILL find that thread using "ugliest"... and which is it? "ugly*" or "ugliest"?
Look, dude. I think you are totally barking up the wrong tree. I made a mistake-- I admitted that already. Maybe I spelled it wrong the first time-- I don't know!!! My search didn't turn anything up initially. My point is, I didn't spend a lot of time to make sure I spelled everything right-- I didn't think this was going to be a point of contention for 12+ posts!

Before you continue shooting arrows at me, please read this entire thread from start to finish (it is kinda funny).

If you do, I am sure that you will see that I was not wrong in getting offensive at VWHOBO; you seem pretty sensible.
To make it short: I made a simple mistake and resurrected an old thread that apparently ended on a pretty negative note. My bad!!! VWHOBO responded with a smart-ass comment. I simply answered him with simple logic-- if you don't want to see this topic in a thread again or don't like the topic, then don't read it and don't post comments to it! Makes sense right? He responded with cussing and personal insults.
The other member who was posting in this thread, whom I was having a civil discussion,with, even questioned his reaction. VWHOMO responded by insulting that member's intelligence AND mine.
Who's wrong here?!!!
Read the thread from start to finish.
I never questioned VWHOBO's knowledge of cars so I don't even know why you guys went off on that tangent. My problem was the way he talks to other people.
I got pissed and responded with equally nasty stuff to VWHOMO (which is wrong-- I have already admitted that too) and then all of a sudden, I have you guys ganging up on my ass!!! What gives?
SteelSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:15 AM   #36
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSpirit
In the interest of good sportsmanship and being considerate, I am ending this thread.

and yet you keep on posting, look heres some advise why don't you stop looking in this thread and let it be done with. You see a post aiming towards you then ignore it. Stop posting in this thread and the argument will be over. I'm way younger than you are and even I have the common sense of when to give up when something isn't going to progress anywhere. Your not going to change pik d's opinion and your not going to change my opinion and your definatly not going to change hobos opinion so why not just drop the subject and get it over with.
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 AM   #37
SteelSpirit
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
and yet you keep on posting, look heres some advise why don't you stop looking in this thread and let it be done with. You see a post aiming towards you then ignore it. Stop posting in this thread and the argument will be over. I'm way younger than you are and even I have the common sense of when to give up when something isn't going to progress anywhere. Your not going to change pik d's opinion and your not going to change my opinion and your definatly not going to change hobos opinion so why not just drop the subject and get it over with.
Well, when you're right, you're right, I guess.
Again, sorry if things got out of hand, whether you accept an apology or not. I've never been known for my ability to just let things go or for having much patience; I tend to take things to the extreme I guess, but I am quick to forgive and forget though.
I am curious, why did you two jump all over me? I definitely didn't draw first blood here or start with the cussing and insults; that was all HOBO's doing (or is that where you disagree with me?). I can at least expect an explanation, because I don't take to being ganged up on or insulted very well (obviously...LOL).
SteelSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:00 AM   #38
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSpirit
Well, when you're right, you're right, I guess.
Again, sorry if things got out of hand, whether you accept an apology or not. I've never been known for my ability to just let things go or for having much patience; I tend to take things to the extreme I guess, but I am quick to forgive and forget though.
I am curious, why did you two jump all over me? I definitely didn't draw first blood here or start with the cussing and insults; that was all HOBO's doing (or is that where you disagree with me?). I can at least expect an explanation, because I don't take to being ganged up on or insulted very well (obviously...LOL).

well I was trying to tell the new guy (you) how hobo is, but I guess I didn't do a good job. I also defended him a bit and then stated my opinion. As I recall I didn't actually say anything bad towards you. You are the one who told us to stop riding the cock...
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:11 AM   #39
SteelSpirit
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
well I was trying to tell the new guy (you) how hobo is, but I guess I didn't do a good job. I also defended him a bit and then stated my opinion. As I recall I didn't actually say anything bad towards you. You are the one who told us to stop riding the cock...
Very true. My bad. Thanks for levelling, dude.
SteelSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:47 AM   #40
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
SteelSpirit, remember how in high school, mean kids always had a group of followers and yes-men? Its the same thing with Hobo. Its easier to agree than to get insulted.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #41
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
I hate you Steal Spirit

Im going to take a shot out because im sick of this DODGE PT CRUISER??!?!
WTF man chrysler pt cruiser daimler cruiser is more on than dodge.

THE UGLIEST CAR THIS YEAR IS ANYTHING STEEL SPIRIT OWNS.
YOUR NAME IS RETARDED ALL IT NEEDS IS A COUPLE MORE X's
LIKE STEEL SPIRITXX yeah THEN YOU WOULD BE A BAD ASS.
IM SICK OF ALL THIS POINTLESS STUFF I COME HERE TO LEARN NOT ARGUE SENSELESS OPINIONS OF WHAT CAR LOOKS BETTER OR WORSE AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT HOW CARS WORK BECAUSE YOUR PROBLY 12 AND WILL WORK AT UPS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OR SOME OTHER WORTHLESS JOB.

AND OH BTW THE NEW MUSTANG IS AWESOME THE 300C is the best chrysler inovation in years!!! YEARS! you say the 300c is bad but lets compare to the other chrysler crap such as the K CAR and the Imperial.
You probly think civics are cool because they have 200 hp and low torque and torque makes you go slow so thats good heck A civic with a type R sticker has 300hp and that like 150hp per liter!!!.
Yeah and if i asked you you would say that if civic made a 5.0 car that it would have 750hp.
You would be wrong and wrong.
Jessica simpson is more knowledgable than you.
So have fun with your ugly car(its ugly for the shear fact that you own it, if you even have a car since you are 12)
I vented
I didn't write a dictionary like Vwhobo and ChrisV do but I think i got my point across.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #42
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
Im going to take a shot out because im sick of this DODGE PT CRUISER??!?!
WTF man chrysler pt cruiser daimler cruiser is more on than dodge.

THE UGLIEST CAR THIS YEAR IS ANYTHING STEEL SPIRIT OWNS.
YOUR NAME IS RETARDED ALL IT NEEDS IS A COUPLE MORE X's
LIKE STEEL SPIRITXX yeah THEN YOU WOULD BE A BAD ASS.
IM SICK OF ALL THIS POINTLESS STUFF I COME HERE TO LEARN NOT ARGUE SENSELESS OPINIONS OF WHAT CAR LOOKS BETTER OR WORSE AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT HOW CARS WORK BECAUSE YOUR PROBLY 12 AND WILL WORK AT UPS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OR SOME OTHER WORTHLESS JOB.

AND OH BTW THE NEW MUSTANG IS AWESOME THE 300C is the best chrysler inovation in years!!! YEARS! you say the 300c is bad but lets compare to the other chrysler crap such as the K CAR and the Imperial.
You probly think civics are cool because they have 200 hp and low torque and torque makes you go slow so thats good heck A civic with a type R sticker has 300hp and that like 150hp per liter!!!.
Yeah and if i asked you you would say that if civic made a 5.0 car that it would have 750hp.
You would be wrong and wrong.
Jessica simpson is more knowledgable than you.
So have fun with your ugly car(its ugly for the shear fact that you own it, if you even have a car since you are 12)
I vented
I didn't write a dictionary like Vwhobo and ChrisV do but I think i got my point across.

Hahahaha, you sure did.




...
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #43
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
AND OH BTW THE NEW MUSTANG IS AWESOME THE 300C is the best chrysler inovation in years!!! YEARS!
Thank You!!!! The new Mustang is definetly awesome and its because of this that the other big car companies decided to bring back thier old school hits starting with the GTO. Everyone followed up with what Ford did with the Mustang because it OWNZ. And the Chrysler 300C (as much as I don't like), it has a huge potential as far as customizing it. So whatever it is your guys are smoking... let me hit that

Oh, and as for the Fugliest domestic for 2006. The first thing that came to mind was this
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #44
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelSpirit
Yeah, but just curious. I think the whole retro body styling thing of late is just plain hideous, but these auto manufacturers most likely did their homework and these cars are selling, so someone likes them. I was just trying to put together a demographic on them of sorts. Underneath the ugly body styles though, are admittedly, some nice cars, performance-wise.

Im going to try a different tactic in this thread...

I'll give you a little demographic on me, a PT Cruiser owner...

I've been playing with cars for 27 years. I've owned over a hundred, from most major manufacturers worldwide. I've also dabbled in most hobby genres, from sports cars and SCCA racing, to street rods, to 50's/60 customs, to musclecars, to lowriders, to mini trucks, to custom VWs, to sport compacts. I apprenticed in a shop doing vintage auto restration, doing a lot of work on the cars in the Harold LeMay collection. Then, for a decade, I had a shop building customs and street rods, and doing race and restoration work on sports cars. I'v ebeen an SCCA member since 1980, doing slalom racing, a bit of road racing, and autocross driver's instruction for both SCCA and BSCC.

For personal cars (not customer cars) I've built everything from a 600 hp autocrossing 460 powered Fox Mustang and a 400 hp V8 powered RX7 slalom racer, to a rotary powered MG midget, custom lowrider classic minitrucks, custom VWs bugs, restored Porsches, etc. Right now, besides the PT Cruiser, I've got the Fiat in my sig that I restored from a $100 rusty hulk, 2 Range Rover classics, and a 1963 Mercury Comet convertible that is becoming a full custom using a Lexus 4 liter DOHC V8 and Supra 5 speed custom adapted, sitting on a custom frame with air ride suspension.

This thread shows the cars I find the prettiest: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=19102

This shows the restoration of the Fiat: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cvetters3/fiat_spider.htm

So you can see my automotive background and tastes.

I'm a trained graphic designer, and have spent decades studying what works as design and what doesn't, as I was paid to know. But cars have been my passion since birth, and there are NO cars I hate as a group. Maybe individual examples that have stranded me, but I woudn't even use that to damn a type, make or model.

I loved the PT when it was first introduced, but didn't want to pay inflated prices for the first couple years, since it wasn't going to be a limited edition car. I got my 5 speed Touring edition PT in April '02, and have put 68k miles on it, including a season of autocross (where it competed well with MINI coopers and the like). It has been comfortable for long trips (like the 17 hours to Orlando), versatile, carrying HUGE amounts of stuff. It has been perfectly reliable, more fun to drive than it needed to be, and even now, after all teh years of driving it, still as rattle free as new, and as solid as the day I bought it. I'm extremely impressed with the actual quality of construction that shows up in durability, not panel gaps.

And I love the style. The overtones of '37 Ford and Chrysler Airflow mixed with modern detailing and form. They make great basis for building customs from, and stand out from a sea of boring econoboxes and hatchbacks. As a designer and custom car builder, I find them far from hideous. And considering who else in the industry likes them (like Chip Foose, and I doubt anyone can accuse him of having bad taste in cars) I'm in pretty good company.





Yes, it's a tall, small wagon. That's what I bought it for, but it's been one of the best vehicle purchases I've had in the last 27 years, as far as a regular car goes. If it's not for you, that's fine. But don't be insulting about it as though it's stupid. Because that just says you're an ignorant, intolerant kid.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #45
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Oh, and as for the Fugliest domestic for 2006. The first thing that came to mind was this


*cries* I love the dodge front end. If you must hate it, you must. lol - then again I am somewhat biased lol
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.