Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2006, 03:57 AM   #1
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Can anybody tell..

... me what happened to the long ass thread that ChrisV started. It seems to have disappeared. I wonder what other posts have suffered the same fate?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
... me what happened to the long ass thread that ChrisV started. It seems to have disappeared. I wonder what other posts have suffered the same fate?

Looks like it got deleted...
Old 01-13-2006, 04:04 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
Looks like it got deleted...
Looks like the thought police are here again. I bet this is where you and I agree. No matter how much it makes my skin crawl reading some of the things you (and others) type, this is SUPPOSED to be an open forum. We all have a right to voice our opinions without fear of censorship. I wonder if the guilty party will fess up.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-13-2006, 04:08 AM   #4
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Looks like the thought police are here again. I bet this is where you and I agree. No matter how much it makes my skin crawl reading some of the things you (and others) type, this is SUPPOSED to be an open forum. We all have a right to voice our opinions without fear of censorship. I wonder if the guilty party will fess up.

Ya... the things you write scare me sometimes... but not as much as censorship!
Old 01-13-2006, 04:12 AM   #5
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:

As long as its the right opinion according to ChrisV...
Old 01-13-2006, 04:13 AM   #6
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
You know, there ARE rules on this forum, perhaps someone broke one, or maybe one of mods that comes around bi-weekly saw it and thought the whole thing broke a rule.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:17 AM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
As long as its the right opinion according to ChrisV...
I can assure you that whether you agree with ChrisV or not, he is as opposed to censorship as any of us. There is a huge difference between him arguing his point, and somebody arbitrarily abusing their power by deleting an entire thread. Granted the thread was long and somewhat pointless, but AT MOST it should have been locked. I think it had run it's course and was about to die anyway. Once again, the bullsh*t returns to CF.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:20 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
You know, there ARE rules on this forum, perhaps someone broke one, or maybe one of mods that comes around bi-weekly saw it and thought the whole thing broke a rule.
There was nothing illegal or obscene and no advertising. Beyond that, forum rules are broken everyday in almost every thread. This was done arbitrarily with no notice. The last time I looked at it was this morning and there are only two mods who have been active during that time period. Kind of narrows it down, doesn't it?

Old 01-13-2006, 04:22 AM   #9
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

This thing with the mods isn't a new thing either. It just pisses me off that a thoughtful thread gets deleted with absolutely no message about it, while it takes 5 days to ban some moron running around talking "sh**", acting like he's 12.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:25 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
This thing with the mods isn't a new thing either. It just pisses me off that a thoughtful thread gets deleted with absolutely no message about it, while it takes 5 days to ban some moron running around talking "sh**", acting like he's 12.
This is the sort of thing that I've bitched about on this forum forever, granted mostly about one mod in particular (I don't think he's responsible for this). But every time I do, I get ganged up on and told it's just my imagination. There are five people participating in this thread now. Is it everybody's imagination?

Old 01-13-2006, 04:29 AM   #11
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Seriously hobo, this is a website on the internet. Your life sn't gonna be screwed cause some mod deleted a thread. But then again I guess it wouldn't hurt to whine about it either. Carry on if you must.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:42 AM   #12
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
This is the sort of thing that I've bitched about on this forum forever, granted mostly about one mod in particular (I don't think he's responsible for this). But every time I do, I get ganged up on and told it's just my imagination. There are five people participating in this thread now. Is it everybody's imagination?

I've noticed that too...but like Jedimario said, it's just a website, no need to get too pissed off about it...although I don't know what I'd do without CF
Old 01-13-2006, 04:47 AM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Seriously hobo, this is a website on the internet. Your life sn't gonna be screwed cause some mod deleted a thread. But then again I guess it wouldn't hurt to whine about it either. Carry on if you must.
It doesn't directly affect my life at all. However, this forum is sort of a hobby to me. A chance to sit down and relax. But where do you draw the line? How would you like it if a thread that you started and was important to you was deleted for no apparent reason? What if every time you made a post to state your opinion, somebody came along and deleted it? Would that piss you off? Would you feel as though you were being censored? When something like this happens, somebody needs to say something and today that somebody is me.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:51 AM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I've noticed that too...but like Jedimario said, it's just a website, no need to get too pissed off about it...although I don't know what I'd do without CF
Why do you children persist in thinking that I'm pissed off or that my life will be screwed. It scares me that the future leaders of this continent aren't ready and willing to take a stand against something that is so obviously wrong. Deleting that thread is the same as erasing history or burning books. I suggest you both go to the library and read Fahrenheit 451, it might open your eyes.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:54 AM   #15
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
It doesn't directly affect my life at all. However, this forum is sort of a hobby to me. A chance to sit down and relax. But where do you draw the line? How would you like it if a thread that you started and was important to you was deleted for no apparent reason? What if every time you made a post to state your opinion, somebody came along and deleted it? Would that piss you off? Would you feel as though you were being censored? When something like this happens, somebody needs to say something and today that somebody is me.

...this is why you should be a mod...again