Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2002, 05:50 PM   #1
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

"Rice cars"

Ok, before f&f came out was there such term as "rice"?
suprarx7TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 03:04 PM   #2
labido

Well around here "rice" has been around for along time. But it didnt mean really nice fast import cars with small engines, but more rather. Base model civics or something with minimal mods, just like a mismatched body kit, and a coffee can for a tailpipe. Driven by people who thought their car was the ultimate shiznit...I wouldnt concider F&F cars "ricers" 9 sec quarter with traps over 140 mph.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:21 AM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

the name "rice" or "ricer" just came around cuz they are japanese cars, and they eat rice in japan
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 05:29 PM   #4
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

Ohhh that makes sense I never really knew that lol.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:39 AM   #5
73-440-Cuda

well the way i got started down here is we always said all those motors are good for is burning rice hence the name rice burner or ricer, because they come from japan and thats what they eat there.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:43 AM   #6
PodunkPunk

oh well, no matter how the name came about, it still means a little japanese car that goes fast.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:35 AM   #7
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

of course, not all "ricers are fast" i mean, ive seen rice cook faster than a civic hit 60mph haha
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:36 PM   #8
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

I have a honda accord and im in the process of tuning it up. I'm trying my hardest not too rice it out. I have dual pipes(both on 1 side) so they dont look like those big coffee cans. I'll just tune the engine even though i know honda accord rnt fast to begin with, and on the outside some carbon fiber altezzs , z3 fenders, and gun metal konig rims, and me lower it.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:00 PM   #9
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

The term "rice" is a bit of a grey area. "Rice rockets" are fast Japanese cars but any cars that have been modifyed in bad taste, no matter what their origin can get called "ricers". That would mean that a 700bhp Supra with dual 5" exhaust tips, fake hood pins/race clips and LED washer jets would be a "rice rocket" and a "ricer" )
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 09:09 PM   #10
84_Jetta_GLi
CF Enthusiast

the terms kinda been over used around here, ive have friends that call a 70 year old woman in a accord a ricer. it pisses me off, just because a car is imported doesnt mean its rice. Its the guys that do it all in poor taste that are ricers. Lets not forget about all the domestic rice rippin around out there *cough cavaliers *cough

You don't "drive" a car, you "wear" it like clothes.

You can't race a house, but you can sleep in a car

R.I.P ~ Betsy (1988-2003)
84_Jetta_GLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:41 AM   #11
Arthur
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
The term "rice" is a bit of a grey area. "Rice rockets" are fast Japanese cars but any cars that have been modifyed in bad taste, no matter what their origin can get called "ricers". That would mean that a 700bhp Supra with dual 5" exhaust tips, fake hood pins/race clips and LED washer jets would be a "rice rocket" and a "ricer"

actually i think "rice rocket" pertains to the japanese motorcycles
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:46 AM   #12
Arthur
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprarx7TT
I have a honda accord and im in the process of tuning it up. I'm trying my hardest not too rice it out. I have dual pipes(both on 1 side) so they dont look like those big coffee cans. I'll just tune the engine even though i know honda accord rnt fast to begin with, and on the outside some carbon fiber altezzs , z3 fenders, and gun metal konig rims, and me lower it.

aahh if you dont want to rice it, forget lowering it for looks forget the z3 fenders, forget altezza taillights"those belong on altezzas".

maybe a carbon fiber hood. get a set of Good coil overs, its a spring and shock combined, made to go with each otther its better than buying springs at one time then shocks at another. work on the motor the most and dont get those shitty dressup kits either if you arent going to turbo it then go higher compression lighter rods higher compression pistons maybe knife edge the crank i dunno But let looks mostly be the last thing you do and dont get big ass heavy 18 inch rims either go 16" 17 at the most go for light rims and stay away from focals "they are pure shit and they Break alot under stress" and stay away from chrome rims they are heavy.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:35 PM   #13
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Arthur wrote -
"actually i think "rice rocket" pertains to the japanese motorcycles"

Maybe that is where the term came from but now it's used when refering to fast Japanese cars as well.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:36 PM   #14
57ock
CF Addict

Japanese Cars will always been known as "Rice". The Same way we call American / Australian Cars "Bogan"

No matter what you try to do. Someone will call it rice.
I drive a rice car. Its looks factory from the outside. But has a 800hp turbo under the bonnet. But it has 3 gauges and a rice boost controller.
So its rice.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:21 PM   #15
Arthur
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Japanese Cars will always been known as "Rice". The Same way we call American / Australian Cars "Bogan"

No matter what you try to do. Someone will call it rice.
I drive a rice car. Its looks factory from the outside. But has a 800hp turbo under the bonnet. But it has 3 gauges and a rice boost controller.
So its rice.

waaa? what do you mean by 800hp turbo? do you mean your running a turbo that could give you that much power or that you are running 800hp??