Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
mayerst
CF Newbie

Need Cavalier (Stalling) help

Hello, I have a 95 Chevy cav. 2.2 auto. After driving the car until warm when I come to a stop the car will stall and not idle in drive. It will restart and idle in park but when put into gear it stalls. I do not have any MILs or codes, have cleaned the throttle body, cant find the problem. Any suggestions? Where do I start to find the problem? In advance I would like to thank you for your help!
mayerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:55 AM   #2
phatcat42141
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayerst
Hello, I have a 95 Chevy cav. 2.2 auto. After driving the car until warm when I come to a stop the car will stall and not idle in drive. It will restart and idle in park but when put into gear it stalls. I do not have any MILs or codes, have cleaned the throttle body, cant find the problem. Any suggestions? Where do I start to find the problem? In advance I would like to thank you for your help!

Hey I had this problem before and found out that there is a 4 prong plug on the front of the transmisson that needs unplugged it is there for manual tranmissions only and after I unplugged it there has not been anymore stalling.
phatcat42141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat42141
Hey I had this problem before and found out that there is a 4 prong plug on the front of the transmisson that needs unplugged it is there for manual tranmissions only and after I unplugged it there has not been anymore stalling.
I really dont think he's coming back, but I'll move this to the correct place anyway...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote