We always have people come in here with the same problem, and we always ask for the same info, over and over and over again. Perhaps we should get a reference going to speed people along their way to fixing their cars. So, for those you that need help in fixing your car, please follow the below guidelines. And also, if anyone else can help with this thread, by all means, do so.
Primary Information Needed
Is right here
If Your Car Does Not Start
1. Does it crank?
2. Is it beginning to start, but then dies?
3. Do you have any check engine lights?
4. After lightly hitting on the fuel tank with a rubber mallet, does the car start?
If Your Car is Making Funny Noises
1. Is it a repetitive squeeking noise?
2. Is it a prominent sound, or barely audible?
3. Does the car make the sound with the A/C on?
4. Try to open the hood and identify what area of the car the noise is coming from
If Your Car is Smoking
1. What color is the smoke? (Blue, white, black?)
2. Where is the smoke coming from? (Rear of engine, front of engine, tailpipe?)
3. What fluids are low? (Transmission, Oil, Power steering, Coolant, etc. etc.)