Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
Typhoone
CF Newbie

Give me your opinions

Hey everyone. I am about to get a porsche 944. It is gonna be my project car, and i am basically going to be redoing the entire car. The interior is shot, and it needs a paint job. It is the non turbo motor with a cracked head. I don't know wheather i should get the head fixed and then turbo it or just buy a newer rebuilt turbo motor. Or i could do conversions like a 350 or an LS1 but i would prefer to keep it a porsche, and an american engine in an exotic car....it is then mostly and american car. But u guys tell me what u think. U will basically be building my car. I just really need to know what other people would do in my situation. Thanx for the feed back.
Typhoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoone
Hey everyone. I am about to get a porsche 944. It is gonna be my project car, and i am basically going to be redoing the entire car. The interior is shot, and it needs a paint job. It is the non turbo motor with a cracked head. I don't know wheather i should get the head fixed and then turbo it or just buy a newer rebuilt turbo motor. Or i could do conversions like a 350 or an LS1 but i would prefer to keep it a porsche, and an american engine in an exotic car....it is then mostly and american car. But u guys tell me what u think. U will basically be building my car. I just really need to know what other people would do in my situation. Thanx for the feed back.

The cheapest would be to rebuild the stock 944 engine. After that, it gets real pricey. It would be cheaper to buy a complete 944 turbo than to build up and install the turbo engine (and the 944 turbo had a host of other upgrades, like suspension and brakes to go along with it.)

The LS1 conversion has been done successfully, as it retains the balance of the car and adds more than turbo power (and no, the engine does not constitute "most" of the car. By weight it's less than 20% of the car)

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
Typhoone
CF Newbie

LOL. I know that the engine does not mean "most" of the car. But i also have to redo the interior, and i am going to be changing out the transmission. I don't know if i wanna get a new automatic, switch over to a manual, try to go for a sportronic aka manumatic. I have to get new rims and tires. It's not JUST the engine. It is damn near the entire thing. I want ideas for all of it. Suspension, brakes, interior, transmission, sound system, paint job, EVERYTHING.
Typhoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Inygknok
El del Supra

before chrisv kills u, ill correct u and remind u never again in your life to make this mistake.

they are called wheels, not rims. rims are the borders, like in basketball.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #5
Typhoone
CF Newbie

lol. Thanx much. Any ideas of what i should do with it all though?