Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
magot
CF Newbie

Talking New Sound System Store

Whats up guys,
Me and my friend are starting a new sound system store. We are strictly going to make car audio box's. From simple box's to complex box's. MDF, Fiberglass, Mirrors, Plexie Glass. All kinds of goodies can be put into a box. But here is our problem.

We dont know what vehicles to start on. We cant just make a box for a person and have it differant each time, We would be loseing money. (unless they were simple MDF box's). But fiberglass box's take time. First you have to make a plug, then a mold, then the final product. So really we would be making the box 2 times befour the final box. So at least 3 people would have to be interested for us to consider building a box for a certain car.

What do you think would strike the most interest? Let us know. We can make a box for just 1 person but they would end up paying for the cost of 3 of them.

Here is how priceing works, Materals for Plug, Mold, And Final divided by 3. After we pay off the mold and plug the price will drop to materal cost for the final product. Sounds fair right?

We dont have a web site yet, But we are working on it. I am not going to reveal the name of our Audio company untill we can make sure no one takes it. (I like the name). So any way, lets here your ideas.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Well, don't know too much about speakers, but are you referring to the size?...Like 6.5", 8", and stuff?

BTW This is pretty borderline to advertising, but not enough for me to report it, and you've been here for a while

Check the PM I sent you
Old 01-26-2006, 01:31 AM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Cars I see that often have a big system:
Mustang
Explorer
Civic
Integra

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:35 AM   #4
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Cars I see that often have a big system:
Mustang
Explorer
Civic
Integra

I'd like to add Expedition and Navigator. And you could kill three birds with one stone by making sub boxes for Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada, and Eclipse/Talon/Laser. Also, how much would it cost me to get a sub box that fits in my tire well where the spare tire goes in my hatch?
Old 01-26-2006, 03:30 AM   #5
magot
CF Newbie

Talking

K, for chris_knows, I am talking about 10 inch sub woofers and nothing smaller.

The list of cars to look into, Witch I like.

Expedition
Navigator
Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada
Eclipse/Talon/Laser
Mustang
Explorer
Civic
Integra

And elchango36, let me know year and make and such and I will see what I can do. Perferably the years that are the same body. Like mybe the trunk is the same for 99-06 cars. but is differant for 91-99 cars. that is very helpful as well.

This is not advertising, Because we are not a open bussiness yet.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:57 AM   #6
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

I know any Honda is really up there for sub boxes (around here anyway). I know a guy who wants one but doesn't want to pay what it costs at the local audio store (roughly $1000 or so for a 'custom' fibreglass box..).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #7
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by magot
And elchango36, let me know year and make and such and I will see what I can do. Perferably the years that are the same body. Like mybe the trunk is the same for 99-06 cars. but is differant for 91-99 cars. that is very helpful as well.

This is not advertising, Because we are not a open bussiness yet.
Sure thing.
My Honda is a 92-95 Civic Hatchback. The popular generations are as follows.
EF=88-91
EG=92-95
EK=96-00

Hope that helps
Old 01-26-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Hey Magot sounds cool... maybe you should make boxes for Fieros

But seriously any of the most popular cars...heck id love a box that fit in my trunk and gave me space still (in the breeze).

Oh and a really cool dash for the fiero would be nice
Old 01-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #9
99integra
CF's Florida boy

If you live in the not nicest of neighborhoods like me they're are the (take note these are all pre-1990) Crown Vics, Caprice Classics, Regals, Devilles, Sevilles, Century, LeSabre, Riviera, etc.....
Old 01-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #10
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
If you live in the not nicest of neighborhoods like me they're are the (take note these are all pre-1990) Crown Vics, Caprice Classics, Regals, Devilles, Sevilles, Century, LeSabre, Riviera, etc.....
I was going to say that untill I realised that typically the preferance with these cars is the wooden sub boxes (at least in the Chi it is).
Old 01-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #11
magot
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
I know any Honda is really up there for sub boxes (around here anyway). I know a guy who wants one but doesn't want to pay what it costs at the local audio store (roughly $1000 or so for a 'custom' fibreglass box..).

$1000 Dollars, Jeeze, The big thing with audio stores is they pay good for labor, and fiberglass takes a while to do. If you can get me his e-mail I would like to talk with him.

Actually TheFieroKid, I have 2 designs laid out and ready to roll, waiting on my parts car the plug/s to begain. Subs in the trunk we dont really have eh? Draw me out a design and I will see what I can do. I am makeing one now for myself, you might like that.

elchango36 - That really does help, Hit me up at Deverule@hotmail.com to work out a design, I would do it on here but that could be advertising.

99integra - Thanks for the input, I will add that to my list of possible cars.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #12
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

[quote=magot]$1000 Dollars, Jeeze, The big thing with audio stores is they pay good for labor, and fiberglass takes a while to do. If you can get me his e-mail I would like to talk with him.
I can talk to him and try to do that.

There's also a bunch of Cavaliers, Neons, Sunfires around here that people do stuff to (as usual), a few MX3 (Precidia) also.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #13
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:

Actually TheFieroKid, I have 2 designs laid out and ready to roll, waiting on my parts car the plug/s to begain. Subs in the trunk we dont really have eh? Draw me out a design and I will see what I can do. I am makeing one now for myself, you might like that.

I know your making one now... remember I helped come up with ideas for it... or did you forget about that? PTHHHHHH
Old 01-27-2006, 12:14 AM   #14
magot
CF Newbie

Yea, You like that one? I am not much for it and thats why I decided to start over, But if you really want that one I will finish it up when I get my parts car.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:51 AM   #15
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Yea, You like that one? I am not much for it and thats why I decided to start over, But if you really want that one I will finish it up when I get my parts car.

Ya thatd be awsome... I like it the best.