Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2006, 04:24 AM   #1
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

what makes cars fun

you hear how fun it is to drive a car, whats your general idea of what you think makes a car "fun" and what cars have you driven or been passenger to a "fun" ride.

I havn't driven to many cars, or actually been in to many cars for that matter, so I'll have to say the funnest car I've been in was my friends 1993 RX7 the take off was incredible the breaks were splendid and the cornering was miraculous. Other than that I havn't been in to many exiting cars (unless you want to go into my dads tractors which are amazing machines none-the-less).
Old 02-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

A car IMO is fun to drive if everything fits together, here's what I remember from an SCC magazine from a few months back, about the 1987 Civic Si, "the most exciting car to drive"...

The sh**** brakes are a perfect match for the sewing-machine engine and the springs are wound just right to bounce the dinky 14 inch tires to their limit of adhesion.
The car must be slow enough to maintain the sensation of hauling absolute ass through the whole drive. That is, either the gas pedal is depresed through the actual floorboard or flames are visible fromt the front brakes at all times.
It's tough to keep a low limit car on boil over the hills and through the corners, it's genuinely rewarding and very rewarding if you can pull it off.

But according to me, a fun car is something that keeps you on edge, and constantly alert, with better handling than power...

Funnest car I've ridden in, as I've never actually driven one to be considered fun...Would be a 1997 Toyota Celica, 1999 Prelude, or possibly a 1990 RX-7...They just felt fast, simply from sitting in there...
Old 02-09-2006, 04:55 AM   #3
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

ya i agree with chris if it keeps u on the edge it's fun... i like driving my integra i thinks it's fun... some other fun cars that i have driven or been a passanger in are
01 Integra Type R (passenger)
97 Prelude
98 Porshe Carrera 911 ( passenger)
01 camaro z 28 (nice acceleration)
03 GTI -nice, quick -it had performance mods ( suspension, brakes, and some engine mods)
Old 02-09-2006, 04:57 AM   #4
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Neons make a a car fun, same with huge wings.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:00 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Guys, fun is in the eye of the beholder. Fun also varies with who, what, where, when and how you're doing whatever it is you're doing. Most people would agree that a new Z06 is fun... Unless you're stuck on an interstate, behind a cop, doing 5 mph below the speed limit. Different vehicles are also more likely to be fun if you're a person who has an open mind. Along with that open mind also tends to go more varied experiences. Fun is what you make it.

To prove that point, here's a picture of what I did for fun last weekend. It's not fast, it doesn't handle well, it's not very good looking and it sure ain't comfortable. It's not a very good pic either. But I still somehow I always manage to have fun with it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:02 AM   #6
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Neons make a a car fun, same with huge wings.

awww GW couldn't expect anything more from you or anything less for that matter.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #7
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
awww GW couldn't expect anything more from you or anything less for that matter.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:22 AM   #8
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Guys, fun is in the eye of the beholder. Fun also varies with who, what, where, when and how you're doing whatever it is you're doing. Most people would agree that a new Z06 is fun... Unless you're stuck on an interstate, behind a cop, doing 5 mph below the speed limit. Different vehicles are also more likely to be fun if you're a person who has an open mind. Along with that open mind also tends to go more varied experiences. Fun is what you make it.

To prove that point, here's a picture of what I did for fun last weekend. It's not fast, it doesn't handle well, it's not very good looking and it sure ain't comfortable. It's not a very good pic either. But I still somehow I always manage to have fun with it.

yea some of the best moments in a car maybe that should have been the name of this thread was with me and my buds getting lost on long drives, but I've driven my dads cat and his roller I love machinery like that.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:05 AM   #9
ahoo
CF Addict

as long as its either rear wheel drive or AWD i'll like it: here is my equation:

Me + (either AWD or RWD) car + empty parking lot = lots of fun

It's not cheating...............It's studying during the exam
ahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #10
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Some of the best times I've had driving havent had anything to do with going fast. Some have. Driving a high power drag car can be fun, and it won't go around corners. A sports car like my Fiat can be fun, and it won't win any drag races. A lowrider like my Falcon can be fun and it won't go around corners OR win drag races... And none of them can jump and clear 6 feet of air like my Baja bug could.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote