Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #166
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
The repubs dont offer any plans? Where have you been the past decade?


Funny quote. Weren't you still in diapers a decade ago?
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #167
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Funny quote. Weren't you still in diapers a decade ago?
Seeing as he's in college....
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #168
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Funny quote. Weren't you still in diapers a decade ago?

Yeah sure honey, when I was 9 years old a decade ago...

At least have a decent attempt at TRYING to insult someone. Calling them an infant when they are clearly YEARS older than that stage is quite asinine.

I said a decade because that's approximately how long the Republicans have been in control of Congress. Although I'm sure you wouldn't have ever thought of that, oh no. Rather just come up with an inane "you're a baby" wasted bandwith post.

But anyways since we're on the petty stupid insults...

Isn't that about the time you said "Daddy, Mommy; why am I bleeding down there, im not cut."
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #169
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Seeing as he's in college....

I know, some people are truely pathetic on these forums.

Don't know simple U.S. history, yet they can vote. They should have a test administered before you vote and have to get a 60% to pass on U.S. history to be able to vote. On top of that each 10% bracket should be awarded more than 1 vote. Hence...
90-100 = 4 votes
80-89 = 3 votes
70-79 = 2 votes
60-69 = 1 vote
below 60 = STFU and dont complain about who is elected, moron

It's morons like that who elect dumbass leaders.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #170
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I know, some people are truely pathetic on these forums.

Don't know simple U.S. history, yet they can vote. They should have a test administered before you vote and have to get a 60% to pass on U.S. history to be able to vote. On top of that each 10% bracket should be awarded more than 1 vote. Hence...
90-100 = 4 votes
80-89 = 3 votes
70-79 = 2 votes
60-69 = 1 vote
below 60 = STFU and dont complain about who is elected, moron

It's morons like that who elect dumbass leaders.
Hmm, while I definately agree you should have to be so smart to vote, there isn't really a practical way of determining the smartness of someone. For example, who will amke the test? No one would ever agree on that. That's just one problem.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:34 AM   #171
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Hmm, while I definately agree you should have to be so smart to vote, there isn't really a practical way of determining the smartness of someone. For example, who will amke the test? No one would ever agree on that. That's just one problem.

Oh I'm just blowing smoke. not being for real, just showing the stupidity of some people who elect the leaders in our free world.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:37 AM   #172
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Sweetheart, I wasn't trying to insult anyone. If I wanted to insult you I would. Congrats, you're no longer in diapers but you continue to think you know all about the government and its preceedings. Besides that, you're what 18-19 years old? The majority of those involved in this thread are around 16-21 years old. Point of the matter, the rest of us don't really give a shit.

P.s. No 10 years ago I was the one thinking I knew everything about everything (at 16), then I lived in the real world and realized how entirely wrong I was.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #173
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Sweetheart, I wasn't trying to insult anyone. If I wanted to insult you I would. Congrats, you're no longer in diapers but you continue to think you know all about the government and its preceedings. Besides that, you're what 18-19 years old? The majority of those involved in this thread are around 16-21 years old. Point of the matter, the rest of us don't really give a shit.

P.s. No 10 years ago I was the one thinking I knew everything about everything (at 16), then I lived in the real world and realized how entirely wrong I was.

When did I claim to know all about anything? Oh, I guess you inferred me correcting such idiots like fiereo about history as me acting like a know-it-all, that's cute. What's wrong with correcting somebody when they spew a bunch of unsubstansiated BS? Afterall, that's what ChrisV is all about, so is he a know it all too?

I said I was 19. Why would even waste your breath saying "the rest of us dont really give a shit" when I'm the one who touts the name "I dont give a shit"?

I've been living in the real world for years honey, it's nothing new. You dont have to act like you're all more mature and shit...you're only 5-6 years older. Not a big difference at all.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:09 AM   #174
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You misunderstand. A cop telling you you're under arrest for breaking a law is an authority you must obey. A cop telling you you need to strip for him to molest you is an authority figure you dont have to obey and have a right not too.

See the difference?

You dont have to do what the president says if you dont want too. If he says we need to conserve energy so only leave your lights tured on in your house for 12 hours a day you dont have too, you can leave them on 24 hours if you so please. But if he signs into law a bill stating no single american is allowed to have lights on in their house for more than 12 hours and you have yours on for 16 hours and get caught, then you must obey the authority figure as you did wrong and broke the law.

The UN gives advice, they aren't the law.
I think you misunterstand the meaning of the word "authority".
If the policeman is not allowed, under his powers, to make you strip, then he doesn't have the authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I've been living in the real world for years honey, it's nothing new. You dont have to act like you're all more mature and shit...you're only 5-6 years older. Not a big difference at all.
you tell her not to "act all more mature", and call her "honey", which is obviously a way to try to talk down to her ... and don't say it's not.... and I am aware that she did the same thing, but in retaliation
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:06 AM   #175
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
I think you misunterstand the meaning of the word "authority".
If the policeman is not allowed, under his powers, to make you strip, then he doesn't have the authority.


you tell her not to "act all more mature", and call her "honey", which is obviously a way to try to talk down to her ... and don't say it's not.... and I am aware that she did the same thing, but in retaliation

No i dont misunderstand the term authority for cripes sakes. Look at what I posted agian...

The policeman is always an authority figure, but if he is in the wrong than he is not THE authority (the law).

I called her cute names because she called me cute names, simple as that. Didn't mean to talk down or talk up to anyone.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #176
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
No i dont misunderstand the term authority for cripes sakes. Look at what I posted agian...

The policeman is always an authority figure, but if he is in the wrong than he is not THE authority (the law).

I called her cute names because she called me cute names, simple as that. Didn't mean to talk down or talk up to anyone.
There is a difference between authority and authority figure the way you explain it.

So the policeman is not the authority now - which does not support this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
we have rights not to have to respond to certain authority if we choose to.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.