Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2006, 04:26 AM   #61
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I know everyhitng he does isn't right, I already said that he's an idiot when it comes to immigration.

Watergate is completely different. It's like comparing an apple to a computer desk. That was the Republican party tapping the phone lines of Dem. party leaders to spy on them, not the CIA tapping a phone line to prevent another attack.

Exactly.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:29 AM   #62
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I never said that the schools were controlling anyone. I said they were teching kids whatever the system wanted to learn, not necesarily what is right. Take evolution, for example. It is almost always taught as a fact, or scientific law, in public schools, when it has not even made it to a theory. At best, it's an unconfirmed hypothesis. Things like that.

Unconfirmed? Really can you explain dinosaurs? (edit: Oh and leviathan is described to sound far too much like the loc ness monster… and there are stories of similar animals from all over the world… sooo you cant really count that, as far as we know it was just a story of a mythical animal that never existed.)
And explain why they aren’t in the bible? I imagine that if a disciple had seen a trex after he wiped the shit from his pants he’d have told us about it.

Oh I know the fossils are made up by god to test our faith...LOL.

Can you explain with out using evolution in any way or god (because creation is no more verifiable, and has no base is scientific fact)... why there are different types of finches with different beaks do help them in their given environment. OR why different K-9s have different coats depending on where they are found?
OOH why humans from Africa have dark skin, or why humans from Europe have light skin, or why humans from the Americas have tan skin…
__________________

Last edited by TheFieroKid : 02-01-2006 at 04:33 AM.
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:31 AM   #63
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
OOH why humans from Africa have dark skin, or why humans from Europe have light skin, or why humans from the Americas have tan skin…

Thats what tanning excessively does to you.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:35 AM   #64
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
Unconfirmed? Really can you explain dinosaurs?
And explain why they arenít in the bible? I imagine that if a disciple had seen a trex after he wiped the shit from his pants heíd have told us about it.

Oh I know the fossils are made up by god to test our faith...LOL.
Actually, I believe there is a desription of a creature that very well could be a dinosaur in there somewhere, I'll try to find it.
Quote:
Can you explain with out using evolution in any way or god (because creation is no more verifiable, and has no base is scientific fact)... why there are different types of finches with different beaks do help them in their given environment. OR why different K-9s have different coats depending on where they are found?
OOH why humans from Africa have dark skin, or why humans from Europe have light skin, or why humans from the Americas have tan skinÖ
Neither of them has scientific base. So what are you going to believe? That we're all here b/c of random chance through processes that have been show as impossible as science can psoosibly show them to be? Or that something designed all of this. And if you take out evolution and God, there really isn't any explanation. Neither of them are scientificly verifiable, but science comes alot closer to disproving evolution that to disproving creation.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:35 AM   #65
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Except those were for different reasons. Such as to gain an advantage over another party where as here we are trying to prevent terrorism. Great analogy there. No shit everything he does isn't right but so far I have agreed more so with what he has done, than haven't.
So, the end justifies the means?
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:37 AM   #66
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Thats what tanning excessively does to you.
LOL OMG!!!
Tell me that’s a ****ing joke!
Its called melanin! Its found in humans with dark skin, we developed it to prevent sun damage in the desert! And that’s scientific fact!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:37 AM   #67
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Actually, I believe there is a desription of a creature that very well could be a dinosaur in there somewhere, I'll try to find it.
Ya it was the Leviathan, and I edited my post to include it (sorry I believe I spelled it wrong the first time).
The book describes the animal to enough detail that it could very well be loc ness or any other number of mythical animals. If there were dinosaurs walking around back then I’m sure there would be more then just one obscure reference to it in Isaiah.

Quote:
Neither of them has scientific base. So what are you going to believe? That we're all here b/c of random chance through processes that have been show as impossible as science can psoosibly show them to be? Or that something designed all of this. And if you take out evolution and God, there really isn't any explanation. Neither of them are scientificly verifiable, but science comes alot closer to disproving evolution that to disproving creation.
That life came from some random proteins that were exposed to radiation and mutated into life is more believable then a omnipotent being that hasn’t shown its self in over 2k years created us... not only that he wants us to live his way and if we don’t we are punished...
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #68
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Have dinosaurs evolved? If so what are they now?

I think there is records of Britons doing battle with dinosaurs around 400BC.

I guess we have to be careful confusing extant with extinct with evolution with natural selection and survival of the fittest.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:46 AM   #69
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Have dinosaurs evolved? If so what are they now?

I think there is records of Britons doing battle with dinosaurs around 400BC.

I guess we have to be careful confusing extant with extinct with evolution with natural selection and survival of the fittest.
and I guess we have to be careful confusing knowledge with surmising.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #70
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario

Neither of them has scientific base. So what are you going to believe? That we're all here b/c of random chance through processes that have been show as impossible as science can psoosibly show them to be? Or that something designed all of this. And if you take out evolution and God, there really isn't any explanation. Neither of them are scientificly verifiable, but science comes alot closer to disproving evolution that to disproving creation.


so are you saying god created and science evoloved, or are you saying niether, your not making sense man, or maybe its just me

but, science has proved, read it PROVED, every step of evolution, and the one thing that is missing, is that first step, the first, random occurence of the mutation that started it all, the first binding of carbon to carbon to everything else that make sup dna, and proteins, everything has been proven, its that first kick that has yet to be found, and it probably never will be b/c it is most likely the lucky randomness of two matching carbon atoms. friggen religous fanatics saying god did everything, hey, he might of done the first step, but that is alllll hes ever done
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #71
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
so are you saying god created and science evoloved, or are you saying niether, your not making sense man, or maybe its just me

but, science has proved, read it PROVED, every step of evolution, and the one thing that is missing, is that first step, the first, random occurence of the mutation that started it all, the first binding of carbon to carbon to everything else that make sup dna, and proteins, everything has been proven, its that first kick that has yet to be found, and it probably never will be b/c it is most likely the lucky randomness of two matching carbon atoms. friggen religous fanatics saying god did everything, hey, he might of done the first step, but that is alllll hes ever done

I have a cousin in one of those Christian only colleges and she said one of her professors is convinced evolution exists, because we don’t know how long a day is to god, so 7 days to create the earth could have been billions of years for us, and in the time the he created the land to the time he created man many a creature could have evolved. Which is why there was a mass extinction and they are all dead now, so god wiped them out.

Now to me that sounds like a perfectly reasonable compromise.
Because we have yet to really find the missing link between man and ape (but I’m confident we will one day soon) its a perfect way for people who are unable to come to grasp with reality can fit in their fantasy with out putting down science and/or trying to destroy it.
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #72
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
LOL OMG!!!
Tell me thatís a ****ing joke!
Its called melanin! Its found in humans with dark skin, we developed it to prevent sun damage in the desert! And thatís scientific fact!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin

Wow your a retard if you couldn't figure out that was a joke.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #73
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Wow your a retard if you couldn't figure out that was a joke.
Well given your past posts in this thread... and of course the fact that there’s no inflection Key on the keyboard, could you really blame me for thinking you were serious?
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #74
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
Well given your past posts in this thread... and of course the fact that thereís no inflection Key on the keyboard, could you really blame me for thinking you were serious?

Yes, my past posts in this thread suggest that I would believe that? Well that is a pretty ignorant comment, why do you say that? Because I think for the most part we are doing the right thing?
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #75
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Yes, my past posts in this thread suggest that I would believe that? Well that is a pretty ignorant comment, why do you say that? Because I think for the most part we are doing the right thing?


No just seemed off the wall enough... I mean you think going in and killing innocent civilians (which is what’s happening) is the right thing... soo who freaking knows.

Oh and the min an innocent person was killed, the price became too high, and the moment one of ours died, the price was even higher.
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.