Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Thinking out loud welcome to hear advice.

Ok, So I am still selling the Fiero that’s not an issue... I’ve talked to a few people and actually have gotten bids as high as 6k once its running so I cant pass that up.
But if I sell it I’ll be with out a cool fast car that people will look at and say "WOW" and I like that feeling.

So what I’ve done is make a small list of my favorite 80’s/ early90’s sports cars that I could by and (assuming I get one with a good body) I can restore on my own. I’ve narrowed it down to a 93 Dodge Daytona R/T or a 82-84 Dodge Rampage (OH NO a truck!!!) but not really it sits as high as my breeze and is front wheel drive, basically its a car with a flat bed.

Now I know that the Rampage will be much harder to find, but it’ll have a much higher pay off. I can easily swap out its 2.4 for a modern 2.0 DOHC.
Now a 150hp motor compared to its 84 stock. Or an even easier swap would be with the T1 or T2 motors from the mid to late 80's. In any case with a 5speed that truck would be amazing and people wouldn’t know what to make of it.

The one and only plus to the Daytona is that stock it has 250Hp (same as my Fiero) so I wont be lost with out my power.

Of those two, which do you, think would make a better project car?
And of course if you have any other suggestions I’m willing to hear them.

(Any comments that i may be a hypocrite are not welcome, I have a slew of responses if you cant help your self... but please try to be an adult and remember this will not ever ever be a daily driver)
Old 01-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I for some reason really like the Rampages...they're rare, and odd in a way...But the Daytona is in an extremely close second to the Rampage...
Old 01-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I for some reason really like the Rampages...they're rare, and odd in a way...But the Daytona is in an extremely close second to the Rampage...

Ya I'm thinking the same way.
Ive finished the Fiero (mostly) and I'd like to try my hand at a mopar this time.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
URApieceofcrap

Well how about you tell your mom that I had a great time with her? If she pleases me, I will give her some money ( ) and that way she can buy you your stupid car that I will be driving soon. Sound fair? Okay. Here, try some of my homemade cookies .
Old 01-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Go with the turbo 2.2 Rampage.

How about a supercharged 2.2?

Of course you could always go with a Hemi powered one:

I mean, if you're going to own something you don't "need," why not go for broke?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #6
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Go with the turbo 2.2 Rampage.

How about a supercharged 2.2?

Of course you could always go with a Hemi powered one:

I mean, if you're going to own something you don't "need," why not go for broke?

God I'd die for that hemi one!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by URApieceofcrap
Well how about you tell your mom that I had a great time with her? If she pleases me, I will give her some money ( ) and that way she can buy you your stupid car that I will be driving soon. Sound fair? Okay. Here, try some of my homemade cookies .

WTF?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by URApieceofcrap
Goddamn you have a lot of IP's don't you
Old 01-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Goddamn you have a lot of IP's don't you
Or a proxy
Old 01-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well if you have thought about the Rampage then have you considered an 80's Elcamino? Sure they looked more like older person cars, but you can always swap an 80's Monte Carlo bumper/grille section onto it (seen it before looks sweet), or just get the SS.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well if you have thought about the Rampage then have you considered an 80's Elcamino? Sure they looked more like older person cars, but you can always swap an 80's Monte Carlo bumper/grille section onto it (seen it before looks sweet), or just get the SS.

I did... I looked at the Elcamino and the Ranchero... but I decided I wanted to stick with Mopar for this project.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #12
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
I did... I looked at the Elcamino and the Ranchero... but I decided I wanted to stick with Mopar for this project.
Well then how about an Aspen, Volare, Roadrunner, Dart of that time (or late 70's)?

Other then those, I like your ideas, personally I'd rather the Rampage but only cause it's a little less common.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:03 AM   #13
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

I personally like the rampage. It has a different look from all the rest of the cars and simply looks unique. For the Fiero is it on ebay or poeple in life have offered up to 6k in it? If ebay please send a link. Good luck

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:50 AM   #14
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Nope people in real life have offered it... if no one buys it ill put it up on ebay once its running.