Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2006, 02:37 AM   #1
Nindy
CF Newbie

Choosing used car -- need help.

Hi, folks.

I'm in the market for a used car, so I figured I'd pose my question to the fine folks at Car-Forums.com

I'm looking for a used coupe somewhere in the range of $10,000. Out of the following vehicles, which would you reccomend for reliability, safety, mileage and looks/drivability (that a word?)?

Mitsubishi Eclipse GT/GS
Toyota MR-2
Toyota Celica
Honda Civic CSI

Suggestions of other options are also welcome. Thanks in advance for your help. =)
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I didn't know that Honda had a Crime Scene Investigator edition j/p

I'd say while all are fine cars, if you want looks, well all of those cars look nice...same for a daily driver...They're all pretty much equal, so it's hard to choose, but I'd go for the Celica or MR2...Although the other two are also perfectly fine examples also...

Old 01-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #3
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy
Hi, folks.

I'm in the market for a used car, so I figured I'd pose my question to the fine folks at Car-Forums.com

I'm looking for a used coupe somewhere in the range of $10,000. Out of the following vehicles, which would you reccomend for reliability, safety, mileage and looks/drivability (that a word?)?

Mitsubishi Eclipse GT/GS
Toyota MR-2
Toyota Celica
Honda Civic CSI

Suggestions of other options are also welcome. Thanks in advance for your help. =)
ya i like all of those but i think i would go for the MR-2...However for 10 k there would prob be some better cars out there... Like i said out of what u have listed i would go for the MR-2 but i am pretty sure u could find a Eclipse GST/ GSX for under 10k.... Also consider maybe like an Integra GSR...
Old 01-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
boothe
CF Addict

Those are all pretty good options, I have friends who have bought a few of those used before and if they've been taken good care of they just go forever. Just make sure whoever you're getting it from is straight up, that's probably as important as the make/model.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote