Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 03:35 AM   #16
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were
 
moostang104314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 532
The Solstice is sweet, but not a good primary driver. The V6 Mustang in my opinion looks better than the GT. The GT's driving lights or whatever make it look funky. The smaller lights or none at all look really good and actually makes it look more like the old Mustangs. Go for the 'Stang. A lot more practical.
__________________
moostang104314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:50 AM   #17
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by moostang104314
The Solstice is sweet, but not a good primary driver. The V6 Mustang in my opinion looks better than the GT. The GT's driving lights or whatever make it look funky. The smaller lights or none at all look really good and actually makes it look more like the old Mustangs. Go for the 'Stang. A lot more practical.

Especially with the 2006 "Pony" package I believe, they look awesome.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:37 AM   #18
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
I just read about the Solstice GXP in Car and Driver. Turbo version of the 2.0L making 260 hp, which is the most hp/lr of any car in GM history! All for what they believe will cost only $25k.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:30 AM   #19
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
I just read about the Solstice GXP in Car and Driver. Turbo version of the 2.0L making 260 hp, which is the most hp/lr of any car in GM history! All for what they believe will cost only $25k.


yeah that sounds realy underpowered to me. *chuckle
Seriously man don't go new youll wreck and it destroy a new car and you'll never live long enough to pay it off.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #20
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
yeah that sounds realy underpowered to me. *chuckle
Seriously man don't go new youll wreck and it destroy a new car and you'll never live long enough to pay it off.
ahhh, the beauty of fast cars... no need to worry about paying for it
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:49 AM   #21
sdude95
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8
no worries my grand pa is buying it for me
sdude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 AM   #22
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
go for it!

then life is your oyster mah man!
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #23
HoofHearted
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in a better place than you.
Posts: 6
I would say buy a Mustang.
__________________
hondas suck. 1990 honda accord lx four doors really suck.

Last edited by HoofHearted : 02-07-2006 at 04:12 AM.
HoofHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:10 AM   #24
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdude95
Hay, im turning 16 soon and ive been looking at the Pontiac Solstice and the Mustang.I can only got a V6 on the mustang.. unless i get really lucky..lol. I'm soo confused about what i want. Can anyone help me out? ive also been looking at the RX-8 but a lil expensive prolly
Id not get either imo. Id get like a used MR2 Spyder or something.

But... of those Id take a Solstice...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #25
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHearted
I would say buy a Mustang.
Have a nice GT out in the garage, and it is sweet.
if your able, look at the newer used ones.
The 2005/2006 Models have the same engine, (4.6 liter V8) but are
800 pounds heavier than a 2004.
The value of a good used V8 GT Mustang CANNOT be beat.
personally, I'd look for a stick, but even the automatics are kinda fun.

here is my 2001 bullitt (#2380/5,000) Gt.................


Whoa Whoa Whoooaaaa.....

A 2005/2006 GT weighs no where near 800lbs heavier than the 99-04 GT.

2005 Mustang GT Deluxe - 3450lbs
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/for...179/specs.html
2004 Mustang GT Deluxe - 3347lbs
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2004/for...265/specs.html

So that dispells that myth of yours. Weighs about 100lbs more, 103lbs to be exact according to edmunds. But that doesnt matter, because the 05/06 kill the 99-04 in power (300hp vs. 260hp and 320tq vs. 302tq).

By value of a used Mustang GT what do you exactly mean?

Do you mean resale value or performance/dollar?

Because its resale value is pathetic. A 2004 GT with low mileage (20k in the case i tried) is worth only $16k-$17k if you sell it privately. Brand new they were $24k. So in only 2 years it lost 30% of its value...ouch. Compare that to say a mainstream 2004 Honda Accord EX-V6 sedan with the same mileage which is worth $20,250 and brand new they were $26,400. So it only lost 24% of its value in the same 2 years.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #26
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100

Because its resale value is pathetic. A 2004 GT with low mileage (20k in the case i tried) is worth only $16k-$17k if you sell it privately. Brand new they were $24k. So in only 2 years it lost 30% of its value...ouch. Compare that to say a mainstream 2004 Honda Accord EX-V6 sedan with the same mileage which is worth $20,250 and brand new they were $26,400. So it only lost 24% of its value in the same 2 years.

Thats because the people that set the values are biased. Any foreign car will keep its value longer than an American car for no apparent reason. Besides, just because thats what they say its worth that doesnt mean that anyone is going to pay/sell their car for that amount.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #27
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
Thats because the people that set the values are biased. Any foreign car will keep its value longer than an American car for no apparent reason. Besides, just because thats what they say its worth that doesnt mean that anyone is going to pay/sell their car for that amount.

OH sure, they're all biased...

Your statement cant be more than wrong. Mitsubishis are almost all rated low for resale, while some domestics are rated high like the Corvette and such.

Let's put aside the fact you're ignorant for a second and join the real world. There is a reason EVERY place puts the Mustang as having poor resale and the Accord as having good resale...BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!

I know they are not always accurate, but they are definatley mostly close. The only times they are usually way off are in the instances of RARE vehicles (Cobra R, GNX, Supra), and the Mustang GT is as far from rare as they come. $16k-$17k is definatley accurate for 2004 GT with low miles. Around Baton Rouge that's the going rate, same in Atlanta. BTW - the dealer used retail price was $19k, if that helps. Basically what they would try and pull off at car max.

When many people are buying used from a private seller they go by kbb and such other places for accurate price ranges. If someone has a 2004 GT listed in the paper for $19,999 with 25000 miles on it they will probably look right over it, as they know the going rate is supposed to be a few thousand dollars cheaper. Sure you can try and sell your car for more than it's worth, probably not going to get it if the guy next door has the same car for 10% less.

Just to add, the price quote for the GT was for a Deluxe Manual GT (the cheapest GT) with 20000 miles on it.

I did an autotrader search and almsot all the barebones deluxe GT's (hard to find ones without the 40th anni package) fell between $16k-$18k. The Premium automatic optioned out GT's were slightly more expensive (being around $18k-$20k)
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~


Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 02-05-2006 at 09:11 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:00 AM   #28
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
OH sure, they're all biased...

Your statement cant be more than wrong. Mitsubishis are almost all rated low for resale, while some domestics are rated high like the Corvette and such.

Let's put aside the fact you're ignorant for a second and join the real world. There is a reason EVERY place puts the Mustang as having poor resale and the Accord as having good resale...BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!

I know they are not always accurate, but they are definatley mostly close. The only times they are usually way off are in the instances of RARE vehicles (Cobra R, GNX, Supra), and the Mustang GT is as far from rare as they come. $16k-$17k is definatley accurate for 2004 GT with low miles. Around Baton Rouge that's the going rate, same in Atlanta. BTW - the dealer used retail price was $19k, if that helps. Basically what they would try and pull off at car max.

When many people are buying used from a private seller they go by kbb and such other places for accurate price ranges. If someone has a 2004 GT listed in the paper for $19,999 with 25000 miles on it they will probably look right over it, as they know the going rate is supposed to be a few thousand dollars cheaper. Sure you can try and sell your car for more than it's worth, probably not going to get it if the guy next door has the same car for 10% less.

Just to add, the price quote for the GT was for a Deluxe Manual GT (the cheapest GT) with 20000 miles on it.

I did an autotrader search and almsot all the barebones deluxe GT's (hard to find ones without the 40th anni package) fell between $16k-$18k. The Premium automatic optioned out GT's were slightly more expensive (being around $18k-$20k)

You know how much I love and know about mustangs, and I agree.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:06 AM   #29
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
Its gonna be great having you back thunderbird. Bringing your Honda crap into every single thread. We get it, you like ugly slow 4 door sedans. We dont care. Why bring it up in a topic about sports cars?

If you can do nothing but talk about Hondas, then stfu until a thread about them comes along.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:07 AM   #30
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
Its gonna be great having you back thunderbird. Bringing your Honda crap into every single thread. We get it, you like ugly slow 4 door sedans. We dont care. Why bring it up in a topic about sports cars?

If you can do nothing but talk about Hondas, then stfu until a thread about them comes along.
I think someone's cranky because Seattle lost
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.