Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 AM   #31
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I think someone's cranky because Seattle lost

*cries*
I wish they would have won.
__________________
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:27 AM   #32
HoofHearted
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in a better place than you.
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Whoa Whoa Whoooaaaa.....

A 2005/2006 GT weighs no where near 800lbs heavier than the 99-04 GT.

2005 Mustang GT Deluxe - 3450lbs
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/for...179/specs.html
2004 Mustang GT Deluxe - 3347lbs
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2004/for...265/specs.html

So that dispells that myth of yours. Weighs about 100lbs more, 103lbs to be exact according to edmunds. But that doesnt matter, because the 05/06 kill the 99-04 in power (300hp vs. 260hp and 320tq vs. 302tq).

By value of a used Mustang GT what do you exactly mean?
Bang For the buck.

Do you mean resale value or performance/dollar?
Performance for the dollar.

Because its resale value is pathetic. A 2004 GT with low mileage (20k in the case i tried) is worth only $16k-$17k if you sell it privately. Brand new they were $24k. So in only 2 years it lost 30% of its value...ouch. Compare that to say a mainstream 2004 Honda Accord EX-V6 sedan with the same mileage which is worth $20,250 and brand new they were $26,400. So it only lost 24% of its value in the same 2 years.

Just trying to help.
I have researched the New Mustangs Heavily, because I plan to purchase another one.
Just hate to see a kid buy a piece of crap for a first car.
No offense to you personally.
I wouldnt ride in a Honda. or any other 4N piece of crap.
Buy American, Have some pride.
Honda, Nissan, Datsun,Mazda,Hyundai, Kia, Daiwoo, Lexus,Infinity,
Subaru..............There all junk to me.
All built the same, with recycled pop cans.

Just trying to give my two cents, just like you.
__________________
hondas suck. 1990 honda accord lx four doors really suck.
HoofHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:29 AM   #33
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
except for he uses facts... and you use misled opinion... ESPECIALLY if you think kia's are built the same as lexus's and infiniti's... and think there's an 800lb difference between the '04 and '05 mustang gt's...
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia

Last edited by pik_d : 02-06-2006 at 07:32 AM.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #34
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
except for he uses facts... and you use misled opinion... ESPECIALLY if you think kia's are built the same as lexus's and infiniti's... and think there's an 800lb difference between the '04 and '05 mustang gt's...
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #35
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
That and they look just as bad as everything else Pontiac makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHearted
I would say buy a Mustang.
Have a nice GT out in the garage, and it is sweet.
if your able, look at the newer used ones.
The 2005/2006 Models have the same engine, (4.6 liter V8) but are
800 pounds heavier than a 2004
.
The value of a good used V8 GT Mustang CANNOT be beat.
personally, I'd look for a stick, but even the automatics are kinda fun.

here is my 2001 bullitt (#2380/5,000) Gt.................


Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
Thats because the people that set the values are biased. Any foreign car will keep its value longer than an American car for no apparent reason. Besides, just because thats what they say its worth that doesnt mean that anyone is going to pay/sell their car for that amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHearted
Just trying to help.
I have researched the New Mustangs Heavily, because I plan to purchase another one.
Just hate to see a kid buy a piece of crap for a first car.
No offense to you personally.
I wouldnt ride in a Honda. or any other 4N piece of crap.Buy American, Have some pride.
Honda, Nissan, Datsun,Mazda,Hyundai, Kia, Daiwoo, Lexus,Infinity,
Subaru..............There all junk to me.
All built the same, with recycled pop cans.

Just trying to give my two cents, just like you.

Just....unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
I guess it cant look as good as those boring german boxes in your signature.

May you burn in hell.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #36
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHearted
.
I wouldnt ride in a Honda. or any other 4N piece of crap.
Buy American, Have some pride.
Honda, Nissan, Datsun,Mazda,Hyundai, Kia, Daiwoo, Lexus,Infinity,
Subaru..............There all junk to me.
All built the same, with recycled pop cans.

Just trying to give my two cents, just like you.

Yes, but your two cents are bult from ignorance, closed mindedness, and bullshit.

In another thread I gave someone a hard time for not wanting to ever give American cars a chance, and here I have to do the opposite to you. You need to pull your head out of your ass and get a clue.

You know somewhere between jack and squat about cars if you really believe the crap you're spewing.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #37
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
Its gonna be great having you back thunderbird. Bringing your Honda crap into every single thread. We get it, you like ugly slow 4 door sedans. We dont care. Why bring it up in a topic about sports cars?

If you can do nothing but talk about Hondas, then stfu until a thread about them comes along.

Wow, and that's the best response you can actually come up with.

I used the Accord as an example because I KNOW it's rated high in resale. What's wrong with using it? Explain.

Yeah I definatley am back here at CF, already getting the "dammit I cant come up with anything but Honda insults" from boomba.

BTW - A V6 Accord 6spd SEDAN will gladly had your analProbe its ass.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~


Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 02-06-2006 at 06:51 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #38
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHearted
Just trying to help.
I have researched the New Mustangs Heavily, because I plan to purchase another one.
Just hate to see a kid buy a piece of crap for a first car.
No offense to you personally.
I wouldnt ride in a Honda. or any other 4N piece of crap.
Buy American, Have some pride.
Honda, Nissan, Datsun,Mazda,Hyundai, Kia, Daiwoo, Lexus,Infinity,
Subaru..............There all junk to me.
All built the same, with recycled pop cans.

Just trying to give my two cents, just like you.

You are just one biased moron.

MOST asian cars are BUILT IN AMERICA now. Guess what, some of your very beloved Fords are BUILT IN MEXICO and CANADA! Do you think they have monkeys assembling Camrys while they have rocket scientists assembling Mustangs? Get a grip on life man!

Please, just please stop the rhetoric and go out and take a few test drives in some asian cars. Take a drive in a 06 Sonata V6, 06 S2000, 06 IS350, 06 Evolution IX...THEN get back to us and tell us how unsuperior asian vehicles are to american vehicles. Until then, everytime you put down asian vehicles as a whole, you will be laughed at by everyone on here, including boomba.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #39
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You are just one biased moron.

MOST asian cars are BUILT IN AMERICA now. Guess what, some of your very beloved Fords are BUILT IN MEXICO and CANADA! Do you think they have monkeys assembling Camrys while they have rocket scientists assembling Mustangs? Get a grip on life man!

Please, just please stop the rhetoric and go out and take a few test drives in some asian cars. Take a drive in a 06 Sonata V6, 06 S2000, 06 IS350, 06 Evolution IX...THEN get back to us and tell us how unsuperior asian vehicles are to american vehicles. Until then, everytime you put down asian vehicles as a whole, you will be laughed at by everyone on here, including boomba.

I can test drive them all I want
Im not gonna say there insuperior cars in fact some of them are wonders of technology.
There just not my style/look/feell I personally enjoy.
So I personally prefer american cars and Im sure thats what hes trying to say from a more ignorant point of view
__________________
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #40
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
I can test drive them all I want
Im not gonna say there insuperior cars in fact some of them are wonders of technology.
There just not my style/look/feell I personally enjoy.
So I personally prefer american cars and Im sure thats what hes trying to say from a more ignorant point of view

No no. He's easily convinced himselt he's right and it's the right thing to do and asian vehicles are "junk" as he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHearted
I wouldnt ride in a Honda. or any other 4N piece of crap.
Buy American, Have some pride.
Honda, Nissan, Datsun,Mazda,Hyundai, Kia, Daiwoo, Lexus,Infinity,
Subaru..............There all junk to me.
All built the same, with recycled pop cans.

I think his deduction goes a bit beyond style/look/feel.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:54 PM   #41
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I think someone's cranky because Seattle lost

Too bad I'm a Steelers fan
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #42
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
BTW - A V6 Accord 6spd SEDAN will gladly had your analProbe its ass.

Its also alot newer and alot more expensive than my car. Its absolutely stupid to put that much power in a family hauler. Stupid stupid stupid. Who is really going to want a performance Accord. Come the **** on.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #43
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
Too bad I'm a Steelers fan
Is it because Ward got MVP?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #44
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
Its also alot newer and alot more expensive than my car. Its absolutely stupid to put that much power in a family hauler. Stupid stupid stupid. Who is really going to want a performance Accord. Come the **** on.

You said nothing about price or age. You said "ugly slow 4-door sedans" after making another one of your "Honda Sucks" comments, so I refuted and made you pissy and sad like usual.

Obviously you know nothing about Honda heritage or the past. MANY people want a performance version of the Civic and Accord. Hence why they have had such previous models (some currently made still) as the Civic Si, Civic Type-R, Accord Type-R, Accord Type-S etc... And many of those performance models of simple people movers have been around for 2 decades now. Obviously some people buy them for Honda to keep them around.

Oh and Honda offers the HFP kit for the Accord for a good reason, for those buyers who want a little more sport injected into their Accord.

Why not put more power into the Accord? They Accord has to stay competitive with other family sedan from other companies.

Accord = 244hp
Altima = 250hp-260hp
Camry = 268hp
Fusion/6 = 221hp
Sonata = 235hp

Why not? They have/had versions of the Accord (not sold here) that had 300hp. People enjoy having performance small cars, mid-size, and large vehicles, be it 2 doors or 4 doors.

BTW - Honda sells between 75,000-100,000 Accord V6s every year recently. So apparently many people dont mind having a lot more power in their family mover.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 AM   #45
HoofHearted
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in a better place than you.
Posts: 6
Dumb Asses.

I'll tell you what Thunderchicken1100, Your more than welcome to come visit me and I'll Straighten you out. real quick.
You should really come visit during the fall,
Hunting Season around here.
I have an antler hat and a brown Jacket with your name on it.
You want a pissing contest? okay.

I never said Buy UNITED STATES CARS.
because I'm well aware that most manufacturing for Ford, as well as some assembly, is performed in Mexico and Canada.
But, As Members of NAFTA, then they would be AMERICAN. Correct?
Call me a Moron, and not expect some response, Eh Stupid?
I can see your one of those ignorant ****s who believe 4N cars are the greatest.
Well, your entitled to opinion. And you know what?
Thats the Great thing about living in this country.
Freedom of choice. I fought for that right as an american soldier.
Just like your freedom to spew the shit you type out.
I honestly hope you'll come visit me, out here in the land of wide open spaces, so I can put a size 15EE Boot in your dumb, 4N car loving ass.

I will never, ever ride in a Honda, Izuzu, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, or any of those type of vehicles, Personal Choice.
Oh, I know, They have built manufacturing plants in these United States,
And employ some people who contribute to the U.S Tax base,
But bottom line, The dollars you spend on those vehicles eventually end up in Asia.
They could be the best built Automobiles in the world, I wouldnt care.
Their still built by people who look down upon The United States of America.

Whats that? you say they dont?
Then what about how they treat United States Imports in Their own Countries? Or how they try and Re-Write world History by calling the United States the Aggressors in World War II.
Yeah, We won that war, and its a shame we didnt exact more revenge for the Atrocities committed by the Imperial Japanese Army.

So heres to you thunderchicken100.
Adios, Dumbass.
__________________
hondas suck. 1990 honda accord lx four doors really suck.
HoofHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.