Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
henriK
CF Newbie

problem with car key

So heres my problem.My car is Ford sierra.Today i somehow managed to lost my car key.Key starts the motor and also opens the door.Sad thing about this is that it was my last copy of that.I was wondering what what are my opportunities.Is it impossible to do a new key for that.The man who makes new keys and stuff told me that if i take my car lock to him ,then he can make another new copy.I already wanted to do new copy of my car key, but couldnt ,because it was too used already.Is it even possible to make new key without having no copies of the lock and car starter thing.Sorry for my english, but could anyone help.I also need to hurry, because car is way away from my home and i cant bring it here neither.Also my car isnt locked, dont ask me why, but it is open.So yeah, HELP!
henriK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

A key can be made from the car, but unless the locksmith doesn't come to your car, you will have to tow it to there...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
henriK
CF Newbie

But is it possible to make new key for car?Some guys in my country have been saying it is possible to take code from lock of the door, and key master makes new one.Sure ,if it would be matrix key master, he would make me one without even knowing the name, but he is too bothered with neo at the moment:P.So yeah, i hope my car holds on that night, he is unlocked and very vulnerable.Hold on!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Good luck on not getting her stolen...hope she lasts the night...

I didn't really get what you were talking about with Matrix's and Neo
Old 01-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #5
henriK
CF Newbie

ok, just came back.It came out that someone had found keys(for my luck honest person)so i went to school, picked up the keys,started the engine and hit the gas.So my honey is home and safe.Lucky me!No need for finding key man or codes or whatever.Tnx,bye.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriK
ok, just came back.It came out that someone had found keys(for my luck honest person)so i went to school, picked up the keys,started the engine and hit the gas.So my honey is home and safe.Lucky me!No need for finding key man or codes or whatever.Tnx,bye.
I'd still suggest getting a copy of the keys, just in case it happens again
Old 01-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #7
doomed
CF Newbie

You can phone the dealership and ask them to order you a key, about $30.00, you should only need the serial number of your car.
doomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:53 AM   #8
Tech_N9ne
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomed
You can phone the dealership and ask them to order you a key, about $30.00, you should only need the serial number of your car.
yea u bring them your title and VIN and they'll cut u some new keys but i think $30 is alil high, the chrysler dealer only charged me $6. i dont kno maybe ford is just expensive

Tech_N9ne is offline   Reply With Quote