Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2006, 05:07 AM   #1
Mike Jeannotte
CF Newbie

2001 VW Passat GLS V6

Just bought a 2001 VW Passat GLS V6, and looking for some ideas for some stuff to do to it... I'm mostly going for show, in a more "tasteful" kind of way, not so much in the "big gaudy decals and aluminum wing" way... Though I'm not opposed to much except huge wings and decals... Any thoughts?

Last edited by Mike Jeannotte : 01-31-2006 at 06:02 AM.
Mike Jeannotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jeannotte
Just bought a 2001 VW Passat GLS V6, and looking for some ideas for some stuff to do to it... I'm mostly going for show, in a more "tasteful" kind of way, not so much in the "big gaudy decals and aluminum wing" way... Though I'm not opposed to much except huge wings and decals... Any thoughts?
You can start with some decent wheels. If its for show, get 18in ones. Then you can do a discrete spoiler, and a pearlescent paintjob with some airbrushed graphic. Z3 fenders, Restyled head and tail lights, and maybe even a custom enclosed sound system with a monitor in the trunk. The price adds up, but in the end you might like it.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:28 AM   #3
OombaIsBack
Banned

Larger 5 or so spoke wheels would look good. 18 inchers or so. A good paintjob and maybe a lip kit would be great. Shaved door handles and debadging will also keep full attention on the car and not on the various distracting stuff. Just make sure everything you do complements the overall look of the car, not draw attention away from it. Basically avoid excessive use of chrome, colored lights, and gaudy body kits/wings.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote