wrx 2 22.22%
rx-8 1 11.11%
evo8 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
bballchan42
CF Newbie

Question Best car under 50k

I'll make this short. Bassically Im asking for some oppinons on a sports car that can be suped up. Im thinking of doing some street racing. So far I have thought of the skyline (which seems to be a pain the the ass) the rx-8, the wrx, and the evo8. I don't know any thing about cars Im just starting to get interested. So please give me your oppinions on a good fast car under 50k

thanks

Chan
bballchan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:39 AM   #2
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchan42
I'll make this short. Bassically Im asking for some oppinons on a sports car that can be suped up. Im thinking of doing some street racing. So far I have thought of the skyline (which seems to be a pain the the ass) the rx-8, the wrx, and the evo8. I don't know any thing about cars Im just starting to get interested. So please give me your oppinions on a good fast car under 50k

thanks

Chan

Interesting. #1 I do not condone street racing--I think that you are a complete idiot for wanting to street race. Go to www.scca.org and run some legal races. That is alot more manly. You won't get a skyline--just admit it. The RX-8 is a low torque POS. The Evo is a DSM--also a POS is my book. I would say the WRX--but get the STi...that extra .5 litre has huge potential. You can easily make that car push at least 20 psi on all stock internals and get some real hp. IMHO it is also the most ugly/beautiful at the same time car.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:27 PM   #3
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

The skyline and the Evo will get pissed over in a straight line, all the mods will cost you twice the $/bhp than a american domestic car will.. and subarus are just too common.. (well, they are here!!)

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #4
SuperJew
I like pie.

here's my advice...DON'T STREET RACE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET KILLED.

that said i suggest you go for something classic that will blow everyone out of the water. a rice-killer maybe. rice is for pussies.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 06:21 PM   #5
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
here's my advice...DON'T STREET RACE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET KILLED.

that said i suggest you go for something classic that will blow everyone out of the water. a rice-killer maybe. rice is for pussies.
^That aswell ^

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 03-21-2004, 10:22 PM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Hence my name, I have to say the WRX... The regular WRX doesnt beat a Skyline, but the STi in my book does!
StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Hence my name, I have to say the WRX... The regular WRX doesnt beat a Skyline, but the STi in my book does!
In what respect does it beat a skyline? Certainly not in the handling catagory... Nor in the tunability or the top speed catagorys... As for the street credit the skyline wins by far.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:24 AM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
In what respect does it beat a skyline? Certainly not in the handling catagory... Nor in the tunability or the top speed catagorys... As for the street credit the skyline wins by far.

Once again m8 we are meeting in opinon...I cant get a Skyline here for near 30k...maybe in England, but not here...

Old 03-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #9
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Once again m8 we are meeting in opinon...I cant get a Skyline here for near 30k...maybe in England, but not here...
Yeah, we're lucky, the Skyline was only made in right-hand-drive and so that suits us and also it already meets our saftey regulations and so it doesn't cost $1000's to uprate all the saftey features. The other beinfit was that it was actually sold in this country our of dealerships...

Old 03-22-2004, 02:15 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Yeah, we're lucky, the Skyline was only made in right-hand-drive and so that suits us and also it already meets our saftey regulations and so it doesn't cost $1000's to uprate all the saftey features. The other beinfit was that it was actually sold in this country our of dealerships...
Lucky man!

Old 03-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #11
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

Get a freaking vette if you can spend 50,000$ Honestly, what the F*CK are you thinking, lancer, rx8 with 50,000$?! You can get a used 2000 z06 for that price EASILY, even a new one if you find the right place!

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:35 PM   #12
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
The RX-8 is a low torque POS.

Wait wait, you're saying that one of car and drivers 5 choices for car of the year is a POS? A car that was in the ranks of a 350z, Porsche 911 GT3, Suburu WRX, and the BMW 5 Series??? Wow, I think that is more oppinion than fact, it might have low torque, but POS?

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:33 PM   #13
64comet
CF Newbie

Hey isnt a car but its got a horse for an engine. Then new Rams with the Viper V-10 engine. 500hp For 45,000 aint bad but got to be a catch to that.
64comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:46 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64comet
Hey isnt a car but its got a horse for an engine. Then new Rams with the Viper V-10 engine. 500hp For 45,000 aint bad but got to be a catch to that.
I seem to be asking this alot the last few days. Huh?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:20 PM   #15
64comet
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I seem to be asking this alot the last few days. Huh?
its brand new it was in a paper i read. It showed a dodge ram with a V10 dodge viper engine in it. I know its off topic but it said the price was under 50k.
64comet is offline   Reply With Quote