Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which car do you like better
Skyline 5 55.56%
wrx 2 22.22%
rx-8 1 11.11%
evo8 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
bballchan42
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
Question Best car under 50k

I'll make this short. Bassically Im asking for some oppinons on a sports car that can be suped up. Im thinking of doing some street racing. So far I have thought of the skyline (which seems to be a pain the the ass) the rx-8, the wrx, and the evo8. I don't know any thing about cars Im just starting to get interested. So please give me your oppinions on a good fast car under 50k

thanks

Chan
bballchan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:39 AM   #2
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast
 
jmyers0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchan42
I'll make this short. Bassically Im asking for some oppinons on a sports car that can be suped up. Im thinking of doing some street racing. So far I have thought of the skyline (which seems to be a pain the the ass) the rx-8, the wrx, and the evo8. I don't know any thing about cars Im just starting to get interested. So please give me your oppinions on a good fast car under 50k

thanks

Chan




Interesting. #1 I do not condone street racing--I think that you are a complete idiot for wanting to street race. Go to www.scca.org and run some legal races. That is alot more manly. You won't get a skyline--just admit it. The RX-8 is a low torque POS. The Evo is a DSM--also a POS is my book. I would say the WRX--but get the STi...that extra .5 litre has huge potential. You can easily make that car push at least 20 psi on all stock internals and get some real hp. IMHO it is also the most ugly/beautiful at the same time car.
__________________
My wife has hijacked this account...pay no attention to me.
jmyers0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:27 PM   #3
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
The skyline and the Evo will get pissed over in a straight line, all the mods will cost you twice the $/bhp than a american domestic car will.. and subarus are just too common.. (well, they are here!!)
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #4
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
here's my advice...DON'T STREET RACE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET KILLED.

that said i suggest you go for something classic that will blow everyone out of the water. a rice-killer maybe. rice is for pussies.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 06:21 PM   #5
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
here's my advice...DON'T STREET RACE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET KILLED.

that said i suggest you go for something classic that will blow everyone out of the water. a rice-killer maybe. rice is for pussies.
^That aswell ^
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:22 PM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Hence my name, I have to say the WRX... The regular WRX doesnt beat a Skyline, but the STi in my book does!
StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Hence my name, I have to say the WRX... The regular WRX doesnt beat a Skyline, but the STi in my book does!
In what respect does it beat a skyline? Certainly not in the handling catagory... Nor in the tunability or the top speed catagorys... As for the street credit the skyline wins by far.
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:24 AM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
In what respect does it beat a skyline? Certainly not in the handling catagory... Nor in the tunability or the top speed catagorys... As for the street credit the skyline wins by far.

Once again m8 we are meeting in opinon...I cant get a Skyline here for near 30k...maybe in England, but not here...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #9
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Once again m8 we are meeting in opinon...I cant get a Skyline here for near 30k...maybe in England, but not here...
Yeah, we're lucky, the Skyline was only made in right-hand-drive and so that suits us and also it already meets our saftey regulations and so it doesn't cost $1000's to uprate all the saftey features. The other beinfit was that it was actually sold in this country our of dealerships...
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 02:15 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Yeah, we're lucky, the Skyline was only made in right-hand-drive and so that suits us and also it already meets our saftey regulations and so it doesn't cost $1000's to uprate all the saftey features. The other beinfit was that it was actually sold in this country our of dealerships...
Lucky man!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #11
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast
 
Integra_LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 177
Get a freaking vette if you can spend 50,000$ Honestly, what the F*CK are you thinking, lancer, rx8 with 50,000$?! You can get a used 2000 z06 for that price EASILY, even a new one if you find the right place!
__________________
Face down...

<Power to Weight>



Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:35 PM   #12
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast
 
Integra_LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 177
Quote:
The RX-8 is a low torque POS.

Wait wait, you're saying that one of car and drivers 5 choices for car of the year is a POS? A car that was in the ranks of a 350z, Porsche 911 GT3, Suburu WRX, and the BMW 5 Series??? Wow, I think that is more oppinion than fact, it might have low torque, but POS?
__________________
Face down...

<Power to Weight>



Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:33 PM   #13
64comet
CF Newbie
 
64comet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 10
Hey isnt a car but its got a horse for an engine. Then new Rams with the Viper V-10 engine. 500hp For 45,000 aint bad but got to be a catch to that.
64comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:46 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64comet
Hey isnt a car but its got a horse for an engine. Then new Rams with the Viper V-10 engine. 500hp For 45,000 aint bad but got to be a catch to that.
I seem to be asking this alot the last few days. Huh?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:20 PM   #15
64comet
CF Newbie
 
64comet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I seem to be asking this alot the last few days. Huh?
its brand new it was in a paper i read. It showed a dodge ram with a V10 dodge viper engine in it. I know its off topic but it said the price was under 50k.
64comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.