Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2006, 03:52 AM   #16
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
so far as i know, it's still got the "best" engine in a minivan... but if you want to talk about preformance, the quest has a better power to weight ratio. but the quest didnt exist in 2003.

but anyway, what reason did they have for buying a minivan? do you have some little siblings they need to cart around? usually people buy minivans before their kids start to move out, not after, or do they?

If you compare a 2006 Quest to a 2006 Odyssey, the Odyssey is still quicker and handles MUCH better.

Here's some numbers for the 05 Odyssey Touring...they dont have a comparison of the new odyssey and quest together...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ns/index4.html

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #17
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
but anyway, what reason did they have for buying a minivan? do you have some little siblings they need to cart around? usually people buy minivans before their kids start to move out, not after, or do they?
Well it's kinda my Dad's dream. You see we used to have an 88 Chevy Astro back when I was still in grade school. We went to Mexico in that thing before we had to sell it (too many problem's plus we couldn't afford gas for it). Ever since then, my Dad's always wanted to get another minivan. He claims it's for all the times we go out as a family, so we don't have to cramp together in my mom's Camry (which never made any sense to me seeing as how I have my own car.) My mom didn't really want a minivan, a new car would have been more practical(she's only driving around my 13 year old brother and my 18 year old sister.) But whatever, its really my Dad's new toy. I can't wait for the next road trip to tell you the truth. It's just really comfortable.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #18
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Nice van!......do me a favour and shrink those pics though!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #19
elchango36
WWJCD

How do you shrink photobucket pics without having to re-upload them from the computer???
Old 02-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #20
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
How do you shrink photobucket pics without having to re-upload them from the computer???
Not sure if you can, but an easier way would be to upload them to imageshack, and it let's you choose the size you want them to be...
Old 02-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #21
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I assumed you could do that with a PC? lol.

Or you could do what I do when I edit large pics, and link us to them using '[url]' tags. That way they come out smaller and ya dont have to view them if you've already seen them!

*Hopes this post goes through as the last one didn't Grrrr*

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 02-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #22
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I assumed you could do that with a PC? lol.

Or you could do what I do when I edit large pics, and link us to them using '[url]' tags. That way they come out smaller and ya dont have to view them if you've already seen them!

*Hopes this post goes through as the last one didn't Grrrr*
Yeah, but he didn't want to re-upload the pictures. Another way is to save them as .bmp's, but that would involve re-uploading them too lol.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #23
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Yeah, but he didn't want to re-upload the pictures. Another way is to save them as .bmp's, but that would involve re-uploading them too lol.
You dont have to re-upload them if you use '[url]' tags. Just edit the post using them!

Old 02-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #24
elchango36
WWJCD

Well Cliffy,I hope youre happy. The reason I like posting all the pics as images is because when I see threads that have linked pics, I'll only check out a couple. It's not really because I'm lazy, it's more of my computers inability to multitask. By linking al of the images, all on ehas to do is scroll down to see them, but whatever.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #25
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
You dont have to re-upload them if you use '[url]' tags. Just edit the post using them!
Oops, right, you could also do that, which would be much easier
Old 02-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #26
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Well Cliffy,I hope youre happy. The reason I like posting all the pics as images is because when I see threads that have linked pics, I'll only check out a couple. It's not really because I'm lazy, it's more of my computers inability to multitask. By linking al of the images, all on ehas to do is scroll down to see them, but whatever.
I have an easy way of getting 'round this......change how you would normally do things lol. I really dont see what your PC not being able to multi task has got to do with linking us to pics rather than letting us view the images and have to scroll left/right and up/down!

And Chris, it's ok.....just a let down in communication lol

Old 02-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #27
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
I have an easy way of getting 'round this......change how you would normally do things lol. I really dont see what your PC not being able to multi task has got to do with linking us to pics rather than letting us view the images and have to scroll left/right and up/down!

And Chris, it's ok.....just a let down in communication lol
It's my pc's inability to multitask that influenced me to link the pics instead of the urls for others. Did that make any sense??(sometimes I have an inablility to communicate clearly in english)
Old 02-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #28
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

aww, it's so much easier to just click this page, do something else (in another tab) and let all the images load and come back to it...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #29
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:

aww, it's so much easier to just click this page, do something else (in another tab) and let all the images load and come back to it...
Which was exactly my point. Clicking the pics individualy for some reason freezes my computer.