Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
The STi!

Hey Folks! This just a thread to congratualate the Subaru Impreza WRX STi on it victory in being Road and Track's Best Car Award for 2004! I just want to tell about this car becuase of the facts folks: 300 hp, 300 lb. ft., $30,000! It out accelerates Vettes and Porsches and is thousands less! Increadible!

Awards (All Imprezas):
ROAD AND TRACK- READERS' CHOICE AWARD
MOTORWEEK DRIVERS' CHOICE AWARD
PRESTIGIOUS ENGINEERING AWARD
2003 ALL-STAR SPORT SEDAN AWARD
2003 IMPREZA WRX WINS CAR & DRIVER "10 BEST" AWARD
TOP AUTO PICK FOR 2003 "FUN TO DRIVE"
2002 CAR AND DRIVER "10 BEST"
2002 AUTOMOBILE OF THE YEAR-IMPREZA WRX
2002 EDITORS' MOST WANTED (SPORTS SEDAN UNDER $30,000)
2002 IMPREZA ACHIEVES INSTITUTE'S 'BEST PICK' DISTINCTION (IIHS)
(Thats a long list!)

Thanks!

STiMan
StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #2
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Hey Folks! This just a thread to congratualate the Subaru Impreza WRX STi on it victory in being Road and Track's Best Car Award for 2004! I just want to tell about this car becuase of the facts folks: 300 hp, 300 lb. ft., $30,000! It out accelerates Vettes and Porsches and is thousands less! Increadible!

Awards (All Imprezas):
ROAD AND TRACK- READERS' CHOICE AWARD
MOTORWEEK DRIVERS' CHOICE AWARD
PRESTIGIOUS ENGINEERING AWARD
2003 ALL-STAR SPORT SEDAN AWARD
2003 IMPREZA WRX WINS CAR & DRIVER "10 BEST" AWARD
TOP AUTO PICK FOR 2003 "FUN TO DRIVE"
2002 CAR AND DRIVER "10 BEST"
2002 AUTOMOBILE OF THE YEAR-IMPREZA WRX
2002 EDITORS' MOST WANTED (SPORTS SEDAN UNDER $30,000)
2002 IMPREZA ACHIEVES INSTITUTE'S 'BEST PICK' DISTINCTION (IIHS)
(Thats a long list!)

Thanks!

STiMan
Out accelerates Vettes huh? got any proof?
Vette: 6.0 V8 405 bhp, 450lbf of torque... 0-60 in 4 secs flat... Subaru, 2.5 flat four, 300 bhp, 300 lbs of torque, 0-60 in 4.9.. vette top speed, 180 mph+, subaru, struggles to reach 156 mph... THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT.
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:47 PM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
I read that it out 0-60ed Vettes last year in a newspaper. If that was incorrect I apologise, but I stand by it. I know it outdoes 911 Carrera and NSX and outdoes the Vette, for sure (R&T Apr. 2004 Is infront of me as I say this) in the Slalom. Wait...in the back of R&T the Vette 50th anniversary: 0-60 4.9! On Par with the STi! Nice! I stand by all previous statements...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:16 PM   #4
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I read that it out 0-60ed Vettes last year in a newspaper. If that was incorrect I apologise, but I stand by it. I know it outdoes 911 Carrera and NSX and outdoes the Vette, for sure (R&T Apr. 2004 Is infront of me as I say this) in the Slalom. Wait...in the back of R&T the Vette 50th anniversary: 0-60 4.9! On Par with the STi! Nice! I stand by all previous statements...
I'm thinking about the Z06... but i do agree it outdoes the vette in the slalom, you have 300 kg less and 2 more wheels driving!!!
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #5
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Of course the other problem is that we both have diffrent models of the cars we support, and one of us may compare a base model to a fully top of the range tuned car. Anyway, i think the Subaru STi is a supurb car and the only thing i have against it is that there are so many on our roads they no longer are a rare sight and so have lost some credit from me conciquently...
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:21 AM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Of course the other problem is that we both have diffrent models of the cars we support, and one of us may compare a base model to a fully top of the range tuned car. Anyway, i think the Subaru STi is a supurb car and the only thing i have against it is that there are so many on our roads they no longer are a rare sight and so have lost some credit from me conciquently...

Rare sight? I only know of one in my city! Hummm...Must move to England...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:38 AM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Rare sight? I only know of one in my city! Hummm...Must move to England...
Yeah, i see at least 10 a day...
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Yeah, i see at least 10 a day...
Dang! Must move to England and chill with the STis...what is a price over there for one? And does it not have the speed limiter and more hp/lb.-ft.?
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:56 PM   #9
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Dang! Must move to England and chill with the STis...what is a price over there for one? And does it not have the speed limiter and more hp/lb.-ft.?
The best current model (released last week) uses the 2.0 litre turbo lump and has 316 bhp and 319lbf torque.. The T25 however is a privately bought model (has the US spec 2.5 liter block) and has 350 bhp and closer to 400lbf of torque i believe.. Over here we have fuel that dependant upon the time of year can reach as high as 100 in octane levels and so an engine that produces say 300 bhp with you may produce 330+bhp here..Its 7 pm and i have seen 11 subarus already and heard a few more...! (yes, i was counting...!) The UK model will reach 156 mph.. At what speed is the restriction placed on yours?
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
147 mph....156! Nice....350!....400!....UGGGG!!!! MUST MOVE!!!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.