Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2006, 05:03 AM   #1
bgdaddy42069
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
dodge neon help again so if the srt-4 engine ois too much what would u guys

so if the srt-4 engine ois too much.what kind of engines would u say i should use i dont know much about cars but my friends do. if u know anything about the neon please help thank you
bgdaddy42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdaddy42069
so if the srt-4 engine ois too much.what kind of engines would u say i should use i dont know much about cars but my friends do. if u know anything about the neon please help thank you
I know ALMOST everything about the Neon. Build on the SOHC engine you have. Start with an Iceman intake system (get the one with the new tray), and then go for port and polish on the head and the intake mantifold (if yours is made of plastic, dont worry about it its fine, but the metal ones were really bad). From there you can replace the underdrive pulley and if your car is MTX get a Mopar or AF/X Performance computer. For quicker starts and a more crisp feel go with polyurethane hard engine mount inserts. From there you can go for a Garret or Chillfactory Turbo kit and then get a 3" exhaust. I would personally not mess with exhaust untill you start putting down bigger numbers (190hp and up get the 3 inch). All of these items can be found at
www.modernperformance.com
If you have any questions let me know.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I know ALMOST everything about the Neon. Build on the SOHC engine you have. Start with an Iceman intake system (get the one with the new tray), and then go for port and polish on the head and the intake mantifold (if yours is made of plastic, dont worry about it its fine, but the metal ones were really bad). From there you can replace the underdrive pulley and if your car is MTX get a Mopar or AF/X Performance computer. For quicker starts and a more crisp feel go with polyurethane hard engine mount inserts. From there you can go for a Garret or Chillfactory Turbo kit and then get a 3" exhaust. I would personally not mess with exhaust untill you start putting down bigger numbers (190hp and up get the 3 inch). All of these items can be found at
www.modernperformance.com
If you have any questions let me know.
You f*cking twink. You don't even know how to replace your own sparkplugs and wireset, yet you claim to "know ALMOST everything about the Neon". The only thing you know about the Neon is what you've read online. Back in your hole, dumbass.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #4
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You f*cking twink. You don't even know how to replace your own sparkplugs and wireset, yet you claim to "know ALMOST everything about the Neon". The only thing you know about the Neon is what you've read online. Back in your hole, dumbass.
Exactly why I did it myself correct? And why I read almost the whole haynes manual correct? And the fact that you know NOTHING about the topic, but post here just to get your name out is also correct right? Yea it is....
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I know ALMOST everything about the Neon. Build on the SOHC engine you have. Start with an Iceman intake system (get the one with the new tray), and then go for port and polish on the head and the intake mantifold (if yours is made of plastic, dont worry about it its fine, but the metal ones were really bad). From there you can replace the underdrive pulley and if your car is MTX get a Mopar or AF/X Performance computer. For quicker starts and a more crisp feel go with polyurethane hard engine mount inserts. From there you can go for a Garret or Chillfactory Turbo kit and then get a 3" exhaust. I would personally not mess with exhaust untill you start putting down bigger numbers (190hp and up get the 3 inch). All of these items can be found at
www.modernperformance.com
If you have any questions let me know.
Hate to say this...but you sure did just dig yourself a hole there, newyorker lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Hate to say this...but you sure did just dig yourself a hole there, newyorker lol
And how did I do that?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Exactly why I did it myself correct? And why I read almost the whole haynes manual correct? And the fact that you know NOTHING about the topic, but post here just to get your name out is also correct right? Yea it is....
Once again you've proven yourself an ass by assuming and incapable of logical thought. You are the one who consistently feels the need to not only add your worthless two cents to every post, but then get your panties in a wad when your bullsh*t is identified. If I ever want someone to explain the intricacies of decal application or fart cannon adjustment, I'll make sure to look you up. If I want to know something important or technical, Iíll avoid you like the plague.

BTW Mr Neon god, why do you think you need a 3" exhaust to support 190 hp, because you don't? The difference between people like you and me (actually there are several) is that I have training and experience. All you have is the word of people trying to sell dummies like you parts.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Once again you've proven yourself an ass by assuming and incapable of logical thought. You are the one who consistently feels the need to not only add your worthless two cents to every post, but then get your panties in a wad when your bullsh*t is identified. If I ever want someone to explain the intricacies of decal application or fart cannon adjustment, I'll make sure to look you up. If I want to know something important or technical, Iíll avoid you like the plague.

BTW Mr Neon god, why do you think you need a 3" exhaust to support 190 hp, because you don't? The difference between people like you and me (actually there are several) is that I have training and experience. All you have is the word of people trying to sell dummies like you parts.
On the contrary. There is no bullshit here. I an on Neon forums (2 of them) and know from people that try the stuff what works and what doesnt. You on the other hand have likely never done any performance modification to a neon. I do not own a coffe can muffler as you can see by my signature picture. Perhaps you just want to sound better and be in the light by trying to degrate others that dont deserve it. My car doesnt push 190 horsepower seeing as its stock, so I have a stock exhaust. I already know your next response....."you bullshitter/nitwit/ or the alltime favorite (twinky)
**** you.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
On the contrary. There is no bullshit here. I an on Neon forums (2 of them) and know from people that try the stuff what works and what doesnt. You on the other hand have likely never done any performance modification to a neon. I do not own a coffe can muffler as you can see by my signature picture. Perhaps you just want to sound better and be in the light by trying to degrate others that dont deserve it. My car doesnt push 190 horsepower seeing as its stock, so I have a stock exhaust. I already know your next response....."you bullshitter/nitwit/ or the alltime favorite (twinky)
**** you.
I'm sure we've been through this before....It's DEGRADE lol....as for digging yourself a hole...Well, I was getting at the fact that you claimed to know almost everything about Neons, safe in the knowledge that the hobo would say what he did!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
On the contrary. There is no bullshit here. I an on Neon forums (2 of them) and know from people that try the stuff what works and what doesnt. You on the other hand have likely never done any performance modification to a neon. I do not own a coffe can muffler as you can see by my signature picture. Perhaps you just want to sound better and be in the light by trying to degrate others that dont deserve it. My car doesnt push 190 horsepower seeing as its stock, so I have a stock exhaust. I already know your next response....."you bullshitter/nitwit/ or the alltime favorite (twinky)
**** you.
Moron. I was performing performance mods on Neons before you where out of diapers. Of course, since that is only in the last few months that's not saying much. My personal experience with hot rodding Neons goes back to building a combination bracket racing/autocross car in 1995, one of the first Neons in New Mexico as a matter of fact. I didn't read somebody's catalog and write checks for performance, I figured it out for myself and built/modified the parts as required.

Once again you have proven that the more you type, the stupider you look.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #11
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Moron. I was performing performance mods on Neons before you where out of diapers. Of course, since that is only in the last few months that's not saying much. My personal experience with hot rodding Neons goes back to building a combination bracket racing/autocross car in 1995, one of the first Neons in New Mexico as a matter of fact. I didn't read somebody's catalog and write checks for performance, I figured it out for myself and built/modified the parts as required.

Once again you have proven that the more you type, the stupider you look.
Well there is no reason to discredit my theory. All of the mods that I listed should get him to 180 horsepower or so (considering he has the SOHC). Learn to give credit when its due.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm sure we've been through this before....It's DEGRADE lol....as for digging yourself a hole...Well, I was getting at the fact that you claimed to know almost everything about Neons, safe in the knowledge that the hobo would say what he did!
Thats why I said almost...not everything.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Thats why I said almost...not everything.
Just the way ya said it made it sound (probably) worse than it was!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Well there is no reason to discredit my theory. All of the mods that I listed should get him to 180 horsepower or so (considering he has the SOHC). Learn to give credit when its due.
I am giving credit where credit is due. You are the all time jackass village idiot of Car-Forums.com. You should have your own section to type every stupid thing you have to say, just to get it all out in the open in one place for everybody to read. My only concern is it would be so big as to overwhelm the software and exceed the available bandwidth causing the forum to shut down forever.

Why don't you do us all a favor and leave the forum again... For good this time?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #15
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
I had to get into this conversation. It is quite amusing so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Thats why I said almost...not everything.

So in other words... you know about 1/100 about the neon?
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.