Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should "what" be banned?
Yes, because he always causes trouble. 3 13.64%
Yes, because he has been banned numerous times before. 2 9.09%
No, he deserves another 4th 5th or whatever chance. 10 45.45%
No, he was never bad enough to be banned originally. 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Should "What" be banned....again! MODS, take a look.

Well, "What" thinks that if we had a vote on these forums if he should of enbanned before or not he thinks we would of voted for him to stay. So this is where I step in and his BS stops and the facts talk. What do you vote? And mods, I think if this turns out that the majority of CF members think he should be banned, he should be banned, once again.

Let me remind everybody this is about his 4th time back on these forums after being banned previously numerous times.

Please do not vote if you do really honestly not remember him or were not a member of CF when he was around gettting banned all the time. I really want people that KNOW him from his posts on CF to respond.

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 02-15-2006 at 01:21 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

You can't just ban him for coming back, look at newyorker...he's been banned a couple of times, but he doesn't cause trouble anymore, same with 99integra...but they aren't doing anything wrong...

Why don't we at least give him another chance, and if he actually does something against the rules, we can ban him...

Old 02-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
99integra
CF's Florida boy

En serio brudda, I'm not a big forum nuisance like I used to be (after like the 4th ban) so why not one more chance be given
Old 02-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'm not sure banning him would do anything other than cause him to keep comming back again! I personally cant ban members as it's an Admin/Supermod only function. So only UFF, Bav or Satty can do that. Also, even though his past actions warrented a ban, at the moment his actions seem to be genuine. In other words, at the moment there really is no need to ban him again. If we did, I strongly believe it would just antaganise him!

Also, I'm not sure the poll options are worded as they should be. I voted for 'he needs another 4th 5th or whatever chance' but to me, that sounds a bit like we dont care about the outcome. Maybe it's just me?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-15-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm not sure banning him would do anything other than cause him to keep comming back again! I personally cant ban members as it's an Admin/Supermod only function. So only UFF, Bav or Satty can do that. Also, even though his past actions warrented a ban, at the moment his actions seem to be genuine. In other words, at the moment there really is no need to ban him again. If we did, I strongly believe it would just antaganise him!

Also, I'm not sure the poll options are worded as they should be. I voted for 'he needs another 4th 5th or whatever chance' but to me, that sounds a bit like we dont care about the outcome. Maybe it's just me?

I just didnt know what time this was his time back (thasts why i put 4th 5th or whatever chance).

From my experience, people dont change.

"What" is just taking a different approach this time and buttering everyone up. He'll come out and be himself soon enough. Wouldn't that be nice if mods could "ban a name" permanently, like any name with the word "what" in it.

I think if he keeps getting banned, he'll eventually get the message. Afterall it now takes him a few months to come back after being banned once again. I just dont see why banned people are allowed back here, especially if every-time before (3 or 4 times) they have been banned for causing disturbances. I guess thew word "ban" around here means "take a hike for as long as you like, then come back to our open arms!".

I realize the people who have polled probably include "what" and other members who have been banned and came back, but we'll see how it ends up.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Its as easy as - 1) go to user CP, 2) click on buddy/ignore lists, 3) add his name to your ignore list. Problem solved.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #7
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Its as easy as - 1) go to user CP, 2) click on buddy/ignore lists, 3) add his name to your ignore list. Problem solved.

if you read the other thread you'll understand why he doesn't want to do this
Old 02-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
What?
Banned

I'm not even going to vote for this.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #9
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
I'm not even going to vote for this.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #10
What?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100

"What" is just taking a different approach this time and buttering everyone up. He'll come out and be himself soon enough.
Buttering everyone up? That's not me. If I were "up to no good" I'd come at you with the chaos immediately. I'm not known for hiding my intentions.

Quote:
I think if he keeps getting banned, he'll eventually get the message. Afterall it now takes him a few months to come back after being banned once again.
I haven't been back because I've been REHABING...and completing my thesis M.S. program in Chemical Engineering...at LSU by the way...and managing property that me and my buddies purchased. That's right, I've been right there motherf*cker. If you're interested in testing my rehabbed body and its nuts, 'What' will be at REGGIES on Friday. In case you don't know where it is, go down Nicholson, turn right at Bob Petit, and it'll be right next to FREDS in Tigerland. Just yell out "COLETTI's A BITCH"! and I'll find you.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I just didnt know what time this was his time back (thasts why i put 4th 5th or whatever chance).

"What" is just taking a different approach this time and buttering everyone up. He'll come out and be himself soon enough. Wouldn't that be nice if mods could "ban a name" permanently, like any name with the word "what" in it.

I think if he keeps getting banned, he'll eventually get the message. Afterall it now takes him a few months to come back after being banned once again. I just dont see why banned people are allowed back here, especially if every-time before (3 or 4 times) they have been banned for causing disturbances. I guess thew word "ban" around here means "take a hike for as long as you like, then come back to our open arms!".

I realize the people who have polled probably include "what" and other members who have been banned and came back, but we'll see how it ends up.
The admin can ban certain names from being used if he wishes, as far as I'm aware. As for 'what'....just because he isn't being banned, doesn't maen he's not being watched....We make a point of watching members who come back under different usernames after being banned....If he gets ouit of hand, rest assured he'll be dealt with!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #12
adamc44
CF Freak

what a stupid f'n thread. why let everyone else whos been banned come back and single this guy out. let him stay

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #13
99integra
CF's Florida boy

If Bav bans What?, then he should ban me and Newyorker because thats unjust.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Dude...there have been a lot of members just as bad if not worse then What...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
En serio

hey, thats my line!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:24 AM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
If Bav bans What?, then he should ban me and Newyorker because thats unjust.
Ya know, it's kinda funny. 15 year olds can figure this out, but college twinks with self esteem and insecurity issues can't. Refer to the last portion of this thread if you have any question as to what I speak.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote