Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should "what" be banned?
Yes, because he always causes trouble. 3 13.64%
Yes, because he has been banned numerous times before. 2 9.09%
No, he deserves another 4th 5th or whatever chance. 10 45.45%
No, he was never bad enough to be banned originally. 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Should "What" be banned....again! MODS, take a look.

Well, "What" thinks that if we had a vote on these forums if he should of enbanned before or not he thinks we would of voted for him to stay. So this is where I step in and his BS stops and the facts talk. What do you vote? And mods, I think if this turns out that the majority of CF members think he should be banned, he should be banned, once again.

Let me remind everybody this is about his 4th time back on these forums after being banned previously numerous times.

Please do not vote if you do really honestly not remember him or were not a member of CF when he was around gettting banned all the time. I really want people that KNOW him from his posts on CF to respond.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~


Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 02-15-2006 at 01:21 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
You can't just ban him for coming back, look at newyorker...he's been banned a couple of times, but he doesn't cause trouble anymore, same with 99integra...but they aren't doing anything wrong...

Why don't we at least give him another chance, and if he actually does something against the rules, we can ban him...

__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
En serio brudda, I'm not a big forum nuisance like I used to be (after like the 4th ban) so why not one more chance be given
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
I'm not sure banning him would do anything other than cause him to keep comming back again! I personally cant ban members as it's an Admin/Supermod only function. So only UFF, Bav or Satty can do that. Also, even though his past actions warrented a ban, at the moment his actions seem to be genuine. In other words, at the moment there really is no need to ban him again. If we did, I strongly believe it would just antaganise him!

Also, I'm not sure the poll options are worded as they should be. I voted for 'he needs another 4th 5th or whatever chance' but to me, that sounds a bit like we dont care about the outcome. Maybe it's just me?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-15-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm not sure banning him would do anything other than cause him to keep comming back again! I personally cant ban members as it's an Admin/Supermod only function. So only UFF, Bav or Satty can do that. Also, even though his past actions warrented a ban, at the moment his actions seem to be genuine. In other words, at the moment there really is no need to ban him again. If we did, I strongly believe it would just antaganise him!

Also, I'm not sure the poll options are worded as they should be. I voted for 'he needs another 4th 5th or whatever chance' but to me, that sounds a bit like we dont care about the outcome. Maybe it's just me?

I just didnt know what time this was his time back (thasts why i put 4th 5th or whatever chance).

From my experience, people dont change.

"What" is just taking a different approach this time and buttering everyone up. He'll come out and be himself soon enough. Wouldn't that be nice if mods could "ban a name" permanently, like any name with the word "what" in it.

I think if he keeps getting banned, he'll eventually get the message. Afterall it now takes him a few months to come back after being banned once again. I just dont see why banned people are allowed back here, especially if every-time before (3 or 4 times) they have been banned for causing disturbances. I guess thew word "ban" around here means "take a hike for as long as you like, then come back to our open arms!".

I realize the people who have polled probably include "what" and other members who have been banned and came back, but we'll see how it ends up.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Its as easy as - 1) go to user CP, 2) click on buddy/ignore lists, 3) add his name to your ignore list. Problem solved.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #7
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Its as easy as - 1) go to user CP, 2) click on buddy/ignore lists, 3) add his name to your ignore list. Problem solved.

if you read the other thread you'll understand why he doesn't want to do this
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
What?
Banned
 
What?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 120
I'm not even going to vote for this.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #9
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
I'm not even going to vote for this.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #10
What?
Banned
 
What?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
From my experience, people dont change.

"What" is just taking a different approach this time and buttering everyone up. He'll come out and be himself soon enough.
Buttering everyone up? That's not me. If I were "up to no good" I'd come at you with the chaos immediately. I'm not known for hiding my intentions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I think if he keeps getting banned, he'll eventually get the message. Afterall it now takes him a few months to come back after being banned once again.
I haven't been back because I've been REHABING...and completing my thesis M.S. program in Chemical Engineering...at LSU by the way...and managing property that me and my buddies purchased. That's right, I've been right there motherf*cker. If you're interested in testing my rehabbed body and its nuts, 'What' will be at REGGIES on Friday. In case you don't know where it is, go down Nicholson, turn right at Bob Petit, and it'll be right next to FREDS in Tigerland. Just yell out "COLETTI's A BITCH"! and I'll find you.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I just didnt know what time this was his time back (thasts why i put 4th 5th or whatever chance).

From my experience, people dont change.

"What" is just taking a different approach this time and buttering everyone up. He'll come out and be himself soon enough. Wouldn't that be nice if mods could "ban a name" permanently, like any name with the word "what" in it.

I think if he keeps getting banned, he'll eventually get the message. Afterall it now takes him a few months to come back after being banned once again. I just dont see why banned people are allowed back here, especially if every-time before (3 or 4 times) they have been banned for causing disturbances. I guess thew word "ban" around here means "take a hike for as long as you like, then come back to our open arms!".

I realize the people who have polled probably include "what" and other members who have been banned and came back, but we'll see how it ends up.
The admin can ban certain names from being used if he wishes, as far as I'm aware. As for 'what'....just because he isn't being banned, doesn't maen he's not being watched....We make a point of watching members who come back under different usernames after being banned....If he gets ouit of hand, rest assured he'll be dealt with!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #12
adamc44
CF Freak
 
adamc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: west portsmouth ohio
Posts: 775
what a stupid f'n thread. why let everyone else whos been banned come back and single this guy out. let him stay
__________________
AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #13
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
If Bav bans What?, then he should ban me and Newyorker because thats unjust.
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Dude...there have been a lot of members just as bad if not worse then What...



Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
En serio

hey, thats my line!
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:24 AM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
If Bav bans What?, then he should ban me and Newyorker because thats unjust.
Ya know, it's kinda funny. 15 year olds can figure this out, but college twinks with self esteem and insecurity issues can't. Refer to the last portion of this thread if you have any question as to what I speak.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.