Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Pics of my new headunit and 6x9's

Now I've had these for about a month but I didn't have a digitial camera, just the other day my mate bought a new carmera phone and we were testing it today.
__________________


Last edited by GreekWarrior : 02-28-2009 at 01:00 AM.
GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Nice I wanna get these as soon as I do my brake swap and install my clutch master cylinder.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Nice I wanna get these as soon as I do my brake swap and install my clutch master cylinder.

Yeah they're mad, I need to get splits aswell but I'm gona wait to get a good amp at the same time with them.

I stuffed my factory front speakers 2 days after I put in the headunit and 6x9's lol.

Honda might make good engines but they can't make speakers for shit lol, the cones made out of cardboard ffs.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
I had those exact same 6x9's (5-way) not but a year and a half back. Pretty good sounding and plenty of bass for a 6x9 IF you amp them, I couldn't stand the sound off HU's power. You need to put an amp to them. I gave mine 82.6 RMS a piece from an Alpine MRV-T320 2-channel. I also had the same version of those speakers in 6.5" size, 4-way.

BTW - Nice JVC head.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Nice I wanna get these as soon as I do my brake swap and install my clutch master cylinder.

The Type-R Alpine components really suck, if you're going to buy Alpine, Alpine type-X is the only way to go for components...

Especially for $249, there is so much better you could buy.

Heck the $80 Phoenix Gold Xenon components at ikesound sound way better and get way louder.

But if you're looking to spend $250 I'd DEFINATLEY get these...best out there for that price.
http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...pid=29&cur=USD

Quick review of them from a car audio mag...
http://edesignaudio.com/6500review.php

You wont be seeing great reviews like that on a type-R component.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
They look nice ...Are they the ones from Christmas?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
They look nice ...Are they the ones from Christmas?

Yep.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:35 PM   #8
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
The Type-R Alpine components really suck, if you're going to buy Alpine, Alpine type-X is the only way to go for components...

Especially for $249, there is so much better you could buy.

Heck the $80 Phoenix Gold Xenon components at ikesound sound way better and get way louder.

But if you're looking to spend $250 I'd DEFINATLEY get these...best out there for that price.
http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...pid=29&cur=USD

Quick review of them from a car audio mag...
http://edesignaudio.com/6500review.php

You wont be seeing great reviews like that on a type-R component.

Well when I heard the Type R's at Best Buy I was blown away by the sound they put out. They guy showing me the speakers played a euro trance track and it sounded phenomenal. It sounded so good I almost bought them that day (but didn't seeing as how I had to pay rent the next day).

I wish I could hear those though. I honestly never heard of that company, then again I don't know much about speakers.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
my dad has the same kind in his truck..small world, they sound nice good buy.
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Well when I heard the Type R's at Best Buy I was blown away by the sound they put out. They guy showing me the speakers played a euro trance track and it sounded phenomenal. It sounded so good I almost bought them that day (but didn't seeing as how I had to pay rent the next day).

I wish I could hear those though. I honestly never heard of that company, then again I don't know much about speakers.

If you were impressed by Type-R components, then wow. You wil be BLOWN AWAY with even the EDI6000s components. The EDI 6000s ($125) is a better component setup than the Type-R's are. The EDI 6500s are even better than the Alpine Type-X components, and the Alpine Type-X components are pretty damn good.

Look up car audio mag reviews on the type-r components, they never really give them high marks. In fact most places come up with a 5 or 6 out of 10for sound quality.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
If you were impressed by Type-R components, then wow. You wil be BLOWN AWAY with even the EDI6000s components. The EDI 6000s ($125) is a better component setup than the Type-R's are. The EDI 6500s are even better than the Alpine Type-X components, and the Alpine Type-X components are pretty damn good.

Look up car audio mag reviews on the type-r components, they never really give them high marks. In fact most places come up with a 5 or 6 out of 10for sound quality.
Really?? I keep reading pretty much the same reviews, great sounds, great mids bass and highs, awesome speakers. I've gotten mostly 5 out of 5 stars (a couple of 4's, but nothing lower). The reviews pretty much back up what I heard with my own ears. You seem to know what your talking about so I'd like more info.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.