Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #16
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
  1. Where is that car now?
  2. How much did it cost you total in parts including the car?
  3. How much do you believe it would be for someone to pay a professional to do it all?

BTW Definitely the sweetest RX-7 I have ever seen/heard.

1) last I heard from one of it's owners was in 2000, and it was in Louisiana, with a giant Harwood hood scoop and nitrous. Guy said he'd never get rid of it. I wish I could find it again.

2) I got the car originally in trade for an S10 blazer I got for a few hundred bucks. I put a grand into the wheels, tires and autocross suspension, then about $500 in paint. After that, the conversion cost me about $2500 to do, as I described to TBird.

3) All the cars I've seen converted to V8 power have been about $1800 plus parts to have one of the pro shops do it (like Hinson Supercars). Look at about $6k+ for a complete conversion, not including the cost of the car, suspension, and paint to duplicate something like my car.

Stuff like this is only cheap if you can fabricate and build it yourself.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #17
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Worked for me, but I was using BSplayer...but Windows Media Player Classic should work too...

But, it's choppy, like 10fps anime. The sound is accurate, but the framerate sampling is way off. Of course, it was done on a cheap computer over 8 years ago, on crappy editing software. The newer stuff isn't flawless, either, as I wanted to compress it enough to put on my server and not use up much room.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:27 PM   #18
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
1) last I heard from one of it's owners was in 2000, and it was in Louisiana, with a giant Harwood hood scoop and nitrous. Guy said he'd never get rid of it. I wish I could find it again.

2) I got the car originally in trade for an S10 blazer I got for a few hundred bucks. I put a grand into the wheels, tires and autocross suspension, then about $500 in paint. After that, the conversion cost me about $2500 to do, as I described to TBird.

3) All the cars I've seen converted to V8 power have been about $1800 plus parts to have one of the pro shops do it (like Hinson Supercars). Look at about $6k+ for a complete conversion, not including the cost of the car, suspension, and paint to duplicate something like my car.

Stuff like this is only cheap if you can fabricate and build it yourself.

That's around what I'd expect. But when you say 1800 plus you aren't including the motor are you? 6k or so isn't too bad in my belief, it's more or less a new car. So say what? Around 10k for the car and have a professional shop do it with a decent built motor? In my opinion if you've got the money that can be a worthwhile investment as it most likely wouldn't be daily driver and always kept in good shape. And yes it is too bad about that car Chris, from everything I have heard and read it was awesome.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #19
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

I haven't been able to watch the videos yet, but I will in a minute. The only problem I have with this car is that it..................... makes me want one lol. There's so many projects I have on my mind that I'd love to do, but I don't know where to start. That is/was a great looking (and by the sounds of it) performing car, maybe one day she'll be yours again (like long lost friends, reunited), now that'd be some story. Seems like your stories like these help inspire people to do something alittle different then a lot of others (or they themselves would ever usually do).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote