Originally Posted by Pythias
- Where is that car now?
- How much did it cost you total in parts including the car?
- How much do you believe it would be for someone to pay a professional to do it all?
BTW Definitely the sweetest RX-7 I have ever seen/heard.
1) last I heard from one of it's owners was in 2000, and it was in Louisiana, with a giant Harwood hood scoop and nitrous. Guy said he'd never get rid of it. I wish I could find it again.
2) I got the car originally in trade for an S10 blazer I got for a few hundred bucks. I put a grand into the wheels, tires and autocross suspension, then about $500 in paint. After that, the conversion cost me about $2500 to do, as I described to TBird.
3) All the cars I've seen converted to V8 power have been about $1800 plus parts to have one of the pro shops do it (like Hinson Supercars). Look at about $6k+ for a complete conversion, not including the cost of the car, suspension, and paint to duplicate something like my car.
Stuff like this is only cheap if you can fabricate and build it yourself.