Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
Wally
I Know More Than You

Caught

Remind me in future to read all new posts, before making my own. I just fathomed that Autopro is a troll or imbecile.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Took me a while to figure out that he just came on to post random words too
Old 02-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

AutoPro's a funny one lol.....give him time

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Nothing funny about it, and he was still here this morning posting ignorant crap. I mean, I've seen some stupid people come through here, and he's one of the worst.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Nothing funny about it, and he was still here this morning posting ignorant crap. I mean, I've seen some stupid people come through here, and he's one of the worst.
I meant funny in the sarcastic sense of the word lol. He'll give up soon enough!....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 02-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I meant funny in the sarcastic sense of the word lol. He'll give up soon enough!....

why not just ban him now, he's doing more ignorant post than anyone on this forum. On top of that he's been told on numerous occasions. I say off with his head!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
why not just ban him now, he's doing more ignorant post than anyone on this forum. On top of that he's been told on numerous occasions. I say off with his head!!!
Have you still not grasped that I CANT BAN MEMBERS!

Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
What?
Banned

Quote:
Ban him? That's a little extreme.
Is it really that hard to ignore someone.
Damnit, I wish I was the old me right now.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #9
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
Ban him? That's a little extreme.
Is it really that hard to ignore someone.
Damnit, I wish I was the old me right now.

I read his post's and posted I think two comments about it. To ignore is not facing reality and the reality is that he is here. Just because I might be the only person who said it doesn't mean that no one else shares the same view. No one is stopping you from being your old self. You'd probably get banned and come back with another name. You also keep saying I have changed from the old me, the old me would have said this, the old me would have done that. I think we get the point that the "old you" was not really the greatest role model.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
So the standard for someone getting banned is now if they say something ignorant? That would involve banning about 95% of our membership. Who makes that decision. You've said ignorant things before, but I don't recall anyone requesting you to be banned. So the guy is a complete idiot. SO WHAT? Just like certain people who want other members banned, and in doing so feed their need for attention, the best thing you can do is ignore him. Personally, he's not worth my time, interest or effort.

On the other hand, maybe you feel threatened by his presence. After all, as stupid as he obviously is, at least he's TRYING to help people with their problems. Can you say the same?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #11
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
So the standard for someone getting banned is now if they say something ignorant? That would involve banning about 95% of our membership. Who makes that decision. You've said ignorant things before, but I don't recall anyone requesting you to be banned. So the guy is a complete idiot. SO WHAT? Just like certain people who want other members banned, and in doing so feed their need for attention, the best thing you can do is ignore him. Personally, he's not worth my time, interest or effort.

On the other hand, maybe you feel threatened by his presence. After all, as stupid as he obviously is, at least he's TRYING to help people with their problems. Can you say the same?

ok so this may have been another one of my ignorant post. I could post things that i've read and saying im "trying" to help, but sometimes the answer will be wrong, hell like 90% of the time I would be wrong so I just choose not to answer and see CF as a place to just "hang out" when I have nothing to do and feel like sitting down and relaxing. I don't feel threatened by his presense that would be asinine. I just saw it as him reviving like 40 old post with things that he couldn't answer. So it was being more of a nuisense then him "trying" to help.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
ok so this may have been another one of my ignorant post. I could post things that i've read and saying im "trying" to help, but sometimes the answer will be wrong, hell like 90% of the time I would be wrong so I just choose not to answer and see CF as a place to just "hang out" when I have nothing to do and feel like sitting down and relaxing. I don't feel threatened by his presense that would be asinine. I just saw it as him reviving like 40 old post with things that he couldn't answer. So it was being more of a nuisense then him "trying" to help.
Fair enough. Yes, he's a nuisance so maybe a better comparison would be your best friend newyorker. I don't see anyone calling for his ban. If it were to continue at a high volume for a period of time, you might be correct. My guess is that he'll get bored and disappear soon enough.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-17-2006, 09:15 PM   #13
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Ignoring him doesn't help the people who might listen to him, thinkng he actually HAS worked on cars all his life. Remember, we respond to people who give out complete BS advice not because we want to prove our superiority, but to keep their bullshit from making things worse for the people with actual questions, but don't know enough to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

I want him gone because *I'M* trying to help people by removing someone whose sole contribution is bad advice and insults. He doens't even have the off topic conversational ability going for him that someone like newyorker does.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 02-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Ignoring him doesn't help the people who might listen to him, thinkng he actually HAS worked on cars all his life. Remember, we respond to people who give out complete BS advice not because we want to prove our superiority, but to keep their bullshit from making things worse for the people with actual questions, but don't know enough to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

I want him gone because *I'M* trying to help people by removing someone whose sole contribution is bad advice and insults. He doens't even have the off topic conversational ability going for him that someone like newyorker does.
All of his responses were to dead threads... Some of them unvisited for three years. Far worse than him are the people who sound like they know what they're talking about while leading unsuspecting individuals down the wrong path. Anyone that would take his advice probably deserves what they get. It wasn't that hard to figure out he didn't have a clue. Sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing at all.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

You do have a point. it just seems that if you ignore teh idiots, they breed, much like cockroaches. Pretty soon, you're overrun.

Otherwise neither you or I would respond to anyone giving blatantly obvious wrong answers. hehehehehe!

www.midatlantic7s.com