Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2006, 02:59 AM   #1
corvairbob
CF Newbie

intrepid problems 94.

say being new to this forum and to save a bunch of time i would like to ask the group a question about my 94 intrepid? I'm not the 94intrepid guy boy he asked for that. i have a 94 with 166,000 on it. i don't know if the trans is the first one or not but a few years ago it started the typical slipping shuddering etc. i changed the fluid filter and installed a shift kit. i put in fluid from Chrysler dealer. the problem did not improve until the shift kit, but now it has this problem of when i start it cold (in the morning or after work) it will go into gear and after i drive for a short distance say about 1/8 mile, when i stop it slips into neutral? like feel. if i give it gas it will slip but if i come to a complete stop and sit for say 2-5 seconds it drops back into gear and continues on without any problems. until the next cold startup cycle. now i think it just may be old age setting and i hear that the early transmissions had some problems like this. if there may be a fix that i can do that would be nice but if not then my options may be to replace it.
now that i may be looking at replacing this trans what year trans should i be looking for? i hear the later trans's were corrected.
also if i do decide to replace it what would be the better way to approach it from the bottom or remove engine-trans an a unit? thanks bob
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:13 AM   #2
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

I didn't read the whole thing because it was in a big fatty box form, but if you want a better answer I suggest you put it in the R and M section
Old 02-18-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
corvairbob
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
I didn't read the whole thing because it was in a big fatty box form, but if you want a better answer I suggest you put it in the R and M section

thanks salimander but you reply was in an even bigger box? will just have to adapt to the site i guess.
i will place that post and the next one in that r&m section. might get more attention. bob.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
corvairbob
CF Newbie

i had a problem today my car failed to start the battery was ok because i turned on the lites and when i turned the key the lies stated on bright. i moves some wires in that harness over on the passenger inner fender and then it would start. while driving down the road the speedo when wack-o it would rev up to 120 then the engine would cut off. the fuel gage the temp gage all failed to operate. when i got home i removed these wires from the plugs and cleaned them and put on some grease, and reconnected the connectors. someone told me the 66 code was from the ccd computer located by the glove box wires where corroded. but i looked at that computer and i don't see how the wires can get corroded.

here are the codes the car has now.

27 Injector circuit isn't switching when it's told to (TBI)
OR (MPI) injector circuit #1 not switching right
OR (turbo) injector circuit #2 not switching right
OR (all 1990-) injector output driver not responding
- check computer, connections

33 Air conditioning clutch relay circuit open or shorted (may be in the wide-open-throttle cutoff circuit)

33 Air conditioning clutch relay circuit open or shorted (may be in the wide-open-throttle cutoff circuit)

66. not listed on all parts but i found out it is the ccd buss not comunicating?

then alas 55.

now i disconnected the battery for about 10 minuets and done the keya gain without starting the engine and these codes were still there. they never went away.