Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
tmartinos
CF Newbie

Question GM engine identification Help!

Hi,
We recently bought an 82 camaro that the motor has been replaced an are having a hard time researching it. If anyone can give me any info on the following casting numbers I would appreciate it so much.

14046546 on the intake manifold

14024263 on top of the block passenger side

GM Ro 461 on front of motor driver's side behind fan

This next number was found behind the distributor 8H86 or 988H(I'm the little woman doing the research for my hubby)

Appreciated much any info or advice on this.

Sincerely,
Teresea
tmartinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmartinos
Hi,
We recently bought an 82 camaro that the motor has been replaced an are having a hard time researching it. If anyone can give me any info on the following casting numbers I would appreciate it so much.

14046546 on the intake manifold

14024263 on top of the block passenger side

GM Ro 461 on front of motor driver's side behind fan

This next number was found behind the distributor 8H86 or 988H(I'm the little woman doing the research for my hubby)

Appreciated much any info or advice on this.

Sincerely,
Teresea
The numbers you gave us are basically worthless. The block casting number is on the bellhousing flange at the back of the block on the drivers side. That is of course assuming that it's even a Chevy engine, but the numbers you provided would lead me to believe that it probably is.

BTW, why can't your husband do his own research? Seems pretty damn lame to me.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
tmartinos
CF Newbie

Rude comments not needed Thanks

Well ok then, Thanks for the help and rude comment. It's lame because I am pecking a keyboard while he works 15 hours a day? I might of wanted to learn something about the car myself. I will let him know the numbers are worthless and we will keep researching and you keep pecking away at the keyboard.
tmartinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmartinos
Well ok then, Thanks for the help and rude comment. It's lame because I am pecking a keyboard while he works 15 hours a day? I might of wanted to learn something about the car myself. I will let him know the numbers are worthless and we will keep researching and you keep pecking away at the keyboard.
Talk about rude AND ignorant. Read your post and then think about biting the hand that's trying to feed you. Maybe he spends 15 hours a day at work because he has a bitch for a wife at home.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Talk about rude AND ignorant. Read your post and then think about biting the hand that's trying to feed you. Maybe he spends 15 hours a day at work because he has a bitch for a wife at home.
DAMN....That went a little far Hobo

Teresea, please forgive Hobo for that little comment, if you would, please don't reply to that in a bad manner, but accept our appologies, just keep searching for that casting number and someone will be sure to help
Old 02-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
The numbers you gave us are basically worthless.
Wait, I thought that...
Quote:
the numbers you provided would lead me to believe that it probably is.

BTW, you ARE being a little harsh...

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:43 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I found it pretty funny...uncalled for, but funny
Old 02-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
DAMN....That went a little far Hobo

Teresea, please forgive Hobo for that little comment, if you would, please don't reply to that in a bad manner, but accept our appologies, just keep searching for that casting number and someone will be sure to help
Hey, f*ck you you little candy assed twink. I tried to help the lady. I even told her where to find the casting number. She's the one who wants to bitch about someone who's trying to help her and make insinuations about me. There is no apology. I said what I meant and meant what I said. Never, EVER pretend to speak for me.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I found it funny too, but calling her a bitch?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I found it funny too, but calling her a bitch?
Are you that stupid? Are people like you only able to fixate on one word and lose the meaning of an entire sentence? What is the first word in that sentence? MAYBE. When exactly did I call her a bitch? If she can make insinuations against my character, she leaves herself open to the same treatment.

Why is it that none of you weenies noticed that I also helped her in my post? Because it won't support your attempt to make yourself look good for some anonymous woman on the internet? Have any of you other losers tried to help her or do you just want to inflate your own egos by crying about what I said? How very pathetic.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Are you that stupid? Are people like you only able to fixate on one word and lose the meaning of an entire sentence? What is the first word in that sentence? MAYBE. When exactly did I call her a bitch? If she can make insinuations against my character, she leaves herself open to the same treatment.

Why is it that none of you weenies noticed that I also helped her in my post? Because it won't support your attempt to make yourself look good for some anonymous woman on the internet? Have any of you other losers tried to help her or do you just want to inflate your own egos by crying about what I said? How very pathetic.
hobo, I'm going to bed shortely....so I'm really not in the mood for an argument.....In other words I have no time for you and your high horse....'twink'

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 02-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
hobo, I'm going to bed shortely....so I'm really not in the mood for an argument.....In other words I have no time for you and your high horse....'twink'
Let me translate that for everyone who reads this thread;

Quote:
You're right. You know it, I know it and everyone with a clear thinking mind knows it. I'm just not man enough to admit it. And if you persist, I'll be forced to use my moderators powers and censor this thread.
Instead of whining, go learn to operate a dictionary and look up the word maybe.

MAYBE: adverb; perhaps, expresses uncertainty

I didn't call her sh*t. I didn't even call her husband sh*t. I said the situation was lame and then was called rude and it was implied that a only "peck away at a keyboard". If anyone here deserves an apology, it's me.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Let me translate that for everyone who reads this thread;

Instead of whining, go learn to operate a dictionary and look up the word maybe.

MAYBE: adverb; perhaps, expresses uncertainty

I didn't call her sh*t. I didn't even call her husband sh*t. I said the situation was lame and then was called rude and it was implied that a only "peck away at a keyboard". If anyone here deserves an apology, it's me.
Grow up, hobo. I never censor anything that doesn't need it, and you know that. Although saying that there's been a few occassions recently that might have needed it.....but that's a whole different topic!

Ok, I was wrong? that what you wanted to hear?.....I may have misread your post and I appologise. Now, are you gonna be man enough to accept it?

Old 02-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Grow up, hobo. I never censor anything that doesn't need it, and you know that. Although saying that there's been a few occassions recently that might have needed it.....but that's a whole different topic!

Ok, I was wrong? that what you wanted to hear?.....I may have misread your post and I appologise. Now, are you gonna be man enough to accept it?
Yep, from you anyway. Have a good evening Cliffy.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #15
newyorker
MXman

I am kinda in a loop here. Hobo...she gave you the information she knew and found. She isnt car experienced (from waht I can tell) and just doesnt know any better. That doesnt mean you need to come at her and call her a bitch (directly or indirectly for that matter). You know this stuff very well, so why not just tell her where to look instead of getting an attitude.
Theresa.....hobo can be like this sometimes...well a lot actually. Sounds like you got pretty far with this (I personally dont know where to find numbers anywhere on my car), but asking the previous owner or having someone professional actually take a look at it might be the path of choice here.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote