Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
Edge
CF Newbie

95 Eagle Talon Idle problem

Hello all! i recently bought a 95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5 spd.....and it has a wierd idle problem. On cold starts it takes a while to actualy start the car and when it does the idle spiles and drops sometimes and almost stalls the car....after the car has finsihed its warm up cycle the idle still sorta spikes but not nearly as much and doesnt drop low to stall the car it will also start almost emediatly after you turn the egnision....im gonna get it looked at by a dealer but i thought i'd ask you guys first! im guessing it could be a different amount of things so it will hard to know what it is but i hope i can get a general idea from you guys what im looking at/for...thanks!!
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
97Talonchik
discombobulated

I'm right here when you're ready. Just curious, how many miles are on this car as well? When was the last tune-up?
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #3
Edge
CF Newbie

No the check engine light is not on or has it ever come on since i purchased the car...it currently has 149km on it..as for a tune up i dont really know...i replaced the clutch a month or so ago and the timing belt has been changed within the last 10k or so. I took it into my dads work, hes a parts manager at a Saturn Saab Dealership and they didnt really know what was wrong, they dont have to much experience in Mitsubishi cars so they just checked hoses and stuff and didnt relaly find anything.

If you have anymore questions ask away, im probably gonna take it into the dealership within a week or so when i get payed and have them look at it :/ just 100 bucks and hour! yikes!

thanks guys, really appreciate any input what so ever

-Ryan

Last edited by Edge : 02-19-2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

How's your vacuum lookin?
Old 02-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
Edge
CF Newbie

Well the mechanics at Saturn checked all my hose and vacum lines and they all seemed good.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:44 AM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Hey Ryan, which dealership are you planning on taking it to, Chrysler or Mitsubishi? I don't think it would make too big of a difference which one you choose. Mitsubishi might be better because they've probably seen these cars more often than Chrysler since Chrysler quit making theirs a few years back.

What are you idling at?
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #7
Edge
CF Newbie

It idles around 1000 rpms and the wil drop lower to almost stalling at some points which gets pretty shakey since its so low....on cold starts sometimes really bad like it will sputter a few times then stall or sputter then start up normally once it heats up a bit it gets better but still doesnt have a steady idle....the nearest mitsubishi dealership is pretty far away....well probably an hours drive or something :/ so i might take it to a local Chrysler dealership