Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
madlf
CF Newbie

Question I have a 91 plymouth sundance when i start from a stop i hear a grinding noise

I have a 91 plymouth sundance when I start from a stop I hear a grinding noise then after the grinding the car starts to shack till I take my foot of the gas , And apply slowly again. If anyone has some suggestions please help me.

Thanks
madlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Auto? Miles? We need more info
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
Vette71
CF Newbie

When was the last time you serviced your brakes?
Vette71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette71
When was the last time you serviced your brakes?
What does this have to do with brakes?
He said that the car shakes when he presses the gas then lets off and presses again. I cant imagine his brakes sticking to the rotors lol.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
What does this have to do with brakes?
He said that the car shakes when he presses the gas then lets off and presses again. I cant imagine his brakes sticking to the rotors lol.
This is getting scary. We've gotten to the (low) point on this forum that even you seem to have more automotive knowledge than some of these pinheads. Almost like an alternate universe.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
Vette71
CF Newbie

Other things can happen to brakes then them just freezing to the rotor. There are springs and adjustments in there that can be loose or moving around making contact with rotor. Or it could be a total mess. I might have looked at the descriptoin of the problem in a different way then you have. Maybe we'll get a better description soon
Old 02-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Other things can happen to brakes then them just freezing to the rotor. There are springs and adjustments in there that can be loose or moving around making contact with rotor. Or it could be a total mess. I might have looked at the descriptoin of the problem in a different way then you have. Maybe we'll get a better description soon
Which is exactly why you should have offered no advice or ideas until we have that further information. On the other hand, if it was a braking issue, why doesn't it manifest itself when stopping? Didn't think of that did you?

The most important thing you need to take away from this situation is, or at least was, contained in your own profile. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt". Words you should live by.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #8
Vette71
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
This is getting scary. We've gotten to the (low) point on this forum that even you seem to have more automotive knowledge than some of these pinheads. Almost like an alternate universe.

Anywhere in the description does it say where the noise is coming from? Other than the gas pedal comment what makes you think its the transmission? A lot of things can grind on a car.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Anywhere in the description does it say where the noise is coming from? Other than the gas pedal comment what makes you think its the transmission? A lot of things can grind on a car.
Is there anywhere in my post that says I think it's the transmission, or that I think it's anything in particular? The answer is absolutely not. Unlike you, I'm smart enough to have information before making a decision. Read my last post for some words you need to take to heart, pinhead.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I try my best . It might be something in the trans? Perhaps something sticking or not connecting properly due to a lack of fluid?

Old 02-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I try my best . It might be something in the trans? Perhaps something sticking or not connecting properly due to a lack of fluid?
It could be any number of things. As we've already determined, there simply isn't enough information to make even a reasonable WAG.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
It could be any number of things. As we've already determined, there simply isn't enough information to make even a reasonable WAG.
We dont even know the milage on the car. Lets just wait and see his/her followup.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:34 AM   #13
madlf
CF Newbie

Sorry guys on the long wait ive been away.
The car has 210 158 miles on it, And I belive its coming from the transmission because the sounds coming from there. The fluid levels are toped off and brakes are runnig fine.

.Thanks.
madlf is offline   Reply With Quote