Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
You sound like a ricer. You just want a car to impress people, half of whom dont really care. I raced a ricer in a civic and burned him with a stock 3-speed automatic neon. He had wheels, body kit, spoiler, neons, etc.etc, and his car was slow. Its your money, and I suggest you really think about what you want. If you want to turn heads get a 500 benz and keep is nice nad clean, and dont tint the windows so everyone can see you. Its called class.
You raced him? And of course when you raced him you did so on a sanctioned track and not on the street, right? Unless this is a simple case of the pot calling the kettle black.

So where did this race take place, on a track or on the street?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #17
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
You sound like a ricer. You just want a car to impress people, half of whom dont really care. I raced a ricer in a civic and burned him with a stock 3-speed automatic neon. He had wheels, body kit, spoiler, neons, etc.etc, and his car was slow. Its your money, and I suggest you really think about what you want. If you want to turn heads get a 500 benz and keep is nice nad clean, and dont tint the windows so everyone can see you. Its called class.

awww the 500 benz very sweet, sleek looking car. I think that would be better than "pimping" out your ride, but on the other hand it cost alot. Newyorker is right about no one really cares if you make your car look flashy. Most nice cars that i've seen are stock with new paint and some tints perhaps new wheels if it flows well. On another note I don't think its called class. Just seems like your trying to rub your money in other peoples faces.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:50 PM   #18
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Okay, I keep seeing "500 Benz"...

WHAT 500 MB are you talking about. There is no "500 benz" as a single car. Merecedes first and formost breaks down their cars by class (E Class, S class, ML class, SLK class etc...), then by engine size (350 = about 3.5L, 500 = about 5.0L). So when you say "500 benz" you are referring to no specific MB. In fact they have a SL 500, S 500, E 500, CLS 500, CL 500, CLK 500, R500 and G500. Try and be more specific!

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM   #19
Fender89
CF Newbie

i have 19k to work with. so i have some money and 19k is not alot. a used 2002 audi quattro is around 18k
Fender89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #20
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender89
i have 19k to work with. so i have some money and 19k is not alot. a used 2002 audi quattro is around 18k
Are you set on being a boy racer? To hobo....yes we raced on the street at 10:30PM with noone around. Today I ran against a newer integra behind my school in this big parking lot (nissan knows what im talking about). I had a girl in my car (about 150lbs) and a stock motor. He was runing an LS coupe 5 speed with an aem intake and full exhaust. Lets just say, that the gap was only a carlength when he won....matter of fact i dont know how to express this, but his tail was lined up with my nose.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #21
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
awww the 500 benz very sweet, sleek looking car. I think that would be better than "pimping" out your ride, but on the other hand it cost alot. Newyorker is right about no one really cares if you make your car look flashy. Most nice cars that i've seen are stock with new paint and some tints perhaps new wheels if it flows well. On another note I don't think its called class. Just seems like your trying to rub your money in other peoples faces.
I like custom cars, but they dont really impress people much, because sometimes they are so overdone, you cant even tell what car it is in the first place. I would suggest something more luxury. Save around 4000 dollars for a nice set of rims (and please to god invest in anti-theft locks because otherwise they WILL get stolen), tint the windows, and get a system going. Once again its your money and thats that. If I ever got the srt-4 I want, I wouldnt kit it, only do performance.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:16 PM   #22
Fender89
CF Newbie

im leaving the whole body stock..but maybe putting rims on in time, im putting everything into the engine...looks dont matter what is under the hood does...as soon as i buy it, im getting cold air intake, headers, full exhaust and (something else depends on if its a turbo or not)
Old 02-22-2006, 11:22 PM   #23
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
im leaving the whole body stock..but maybe putting rims on in time, im putting everything into the engine...looks dont matter what is under the hood does...as soon as i buy it, im getting cold air intake, headers, full exhaust and (something else depends on if its a turbo or not)
So you want speed? In that case get one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...01 4073QQrdZ1
For 15k its already upgraded, and 04 was the best year. Then for the rest, you can do whatever you want. It already has an intake, and I tihnk an exhaust. Looks great, etc.etc.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #24
Fender89
CF Newbie

first its auto, and second if i wanted to buy something that sounded like a dumptruck i would buy a dumptruck or a deramax desiel truck...but i dont.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #25
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
So you want speed? In that case get one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...01 4073QQrdZ1
For 15k its already upgraded, and 04 was the best year. Then for the rest, you can do whatever you want. It already has an intake, and I tihnk an exhaust. Looks great, etc.etc.
Why is the license plate SRT 5-1? :
Old 02-23-2006, 12:06 AM   #26
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
first its auto, and second if i wanted to buy something that sounded like a dumptruck i would buy a dumptruck or a deramax desiel truck...but i dont.
Really? Look again. It sounds like a dumptruck? Its the fastest car you can buy new for under 20k. It keeps up with the WRX and probbably the TT as well. Shut your mouth if you dont know what to say.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #27
Fender89
CF Newbie

it looks rediculaus and i dont want a new car, i prefer used thanks...
Old 02-23-2006, 12:20 AM   #28
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
it looks rediculaus and i dont want a new car, i prefer used thanks...
So get the 2004. 230 horsepower, 250 torque, 5-speed, looks amazing, and weighs in at 2900lbs. Do the math. Its lightining fast. For the remaining money you can get it to 300 horsepower, and 310 (ish) torque and outrun any stock STi

Old 02-23-2006, 12:23 AM   #29
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You raced him? And of course when you raced him you did so on a sanctioned track and not on the street, right? Unless this is a simple case of the pot calling the kettle black.

So where did this race take place, on a track or on the street?
I'd just like to bump this one NY ... esp after what you posted in the other thread.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #30
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
I'd just like to bump this one NY ... esp after what you posted in the other thread.
Huh???

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote