Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2006, 01:19 AM   #16
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I used Castrol Full Synthetic in my car for the fist time and it runs much smoother now. I even noticed im getting close to 21mpg instead of my regular 18. Its worth the money. At 60mph before my car was at 3000RPM with the foot off of the gas, but now its 2500

one, look at hobo's post and two, taking ur foot off the gas dosent keep it at a certain RPM duipshit, it may be at 2500 at one point, but it is eventually working its way down to idle, ever notiuce how you LOSE SPEED AND RPM when u take your foot off? are you a class a moron or what

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:23 AM   #17
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
one, look at hobo's post and two, taking ur foot off the gas dosent keep it at a certain RPM duipshit, it may be at 2500 at one point, but it is eventually working its way down to idle, ever notiuce how you LOSE SPEED AND RPM when u take your foot off? are you a class a moron or what
incorrect!! have you ever driven down a steep hill with your foot off the gas? do you lose r's pm? I think not... you'll actually increase revs until you reach terminal velocity.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:24 AM   #18
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I don't know how to break this to you, but changing your brand of oil WILL NOT change the engine's RPM for any given gear or road speed.

You are the king of open mouth, insert foot. Aren't you tired of being thought a fool yet?
I didnt just change the brand but went from 10W-40 to 5W-30 and from conventional oil to full synthetic.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:25 AM   #19
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
No i got it to 60 and let off of the gas, and the car was at 3000 with the regular oil, and did the same with synthetic and it was 2500...on the same road i drive on every day. I think youre the moron now

Old 02-24-2006, 01:25 AM   #20
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
incorrect!! have you ever driven down a steep hill with your foot off the gas? do you lose r's pm? I think not... you'll actually increase revs until you reach terminal velocity.

lol, MY BAD, lol, ok change that to "let go of gas pedal on a FLAT stretch"

so not cool... you know what i meant

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

Old 02-24-2006, 01:26 AM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
Incorrect! It is dependent upon the weight of the vehicle, parasitic drag, road surface, compression ratio and selected gear ratio. You may have been above terminal velocity when you crested the hill and will in fact slow down.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:27 AM   #22
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
No i got it to 60 and let off of the gas, and the car was at 3000 with the regular oil, and did the same with synthetic and it was 2500...on the same road i drive on every day. I think youre the moron now

omg, did u even read my whole post? look at hobos first, changing oil does not change your RPM, maybe ur engine is getting old and its rpm fluctuates, and letting go of the gas means no more gasoline is getting to your engine, hence no more power is produced and the friction and weight of the pistons will slow it down, letting go of the gas at 2500RPM dosent mean you will stay at 2500RPM till you hit the break, dip shit

My 3000GT SL

Old 02-24-2006, 01:28 AM   #23
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Incorrect! It is dependent upon the weight of the vehicle, parasitic drag, road surface, compression ratio and selected gear ratio. You may have been above terminal velocity when you crested the hill and will in fact slow down.

TAKE THAT WINDSONIAN!!!! but, i think i still lose... damn...

My 3000GT SL

Old 02-24-2006, 01:46 AM   #24
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
omg, did u even read my whole post? look at hobos first, changing oil does not change your RPM, maybe ur engine is getting old and its rpm fluctuates, and letting go of the gas means no more gasoline is getting to your engine, hence no more power is produced and the friction and weight of the pistons will slow it down, letting go of the gas at 2500RPM dosent mean you will stay at 2500RPM till you hit the break, dip shit
10W-40 is thicker than 5W-30 and especially synthetic. 10W-40 WILL cause the rpm to be higher than 5W-30. Think, type, submit.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:48 AM   #25
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
10W-40 is thicker than 5W-30 and especially synthetic. 10W-40 WILL cause the rpm to be higher than 5W-30. Think, type, submit.

take your own advise, the same amount of oil is still put onto the inside of each cylinder, thicker oil means very little. OIL DOES NOT CHANGE RPM, esspecially by 500RPMs

My 3000GT SL

Old 02-24-2006, 01:49 AM   #26
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

to change from regular oil to synthetic do you have to do anything special other than drain all the oil out?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:12 AM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
No matter how much you might wish this to be true, it is not. The viscosity difference between 5W-30 and 10W-40 will not change the engines RPM. More to the point, that still does not take into account that for a given road speed with given gearing, the RPM will always be the same no matter what weight oit the engine has in it.

Think, type, submit.

OR

Open mouth, insert foot.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-24-2006, 02:13 AM   #28
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
to change from regular oil to synthetic do you have to do anything special other than drain all the oil out?
Yes, you also need to change the filter, but... Changing to a synthetic oil may not be the best solution for your car depending on the engine's condition and various other factors.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:34 AM   #29
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
touche'
Old 02-24-2006, 02:36 AM   #30
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
TAKE THAT WINDSONIAN!!!! but, i think i still lose... damn...
you b@stard!! ... and yes, I did know what you meant, but what kind of world would this be if we didn't point out each other's mistakes?