Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2006, 04:50 AM   #31
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion34
ok man thanks... now my other problem is where to put this car i guess i have 2 options... plate it and insure it under my moms name or garage it.. what would be the cheapest and smartest solution? my moms 46 and shes go a good record so wouldnt the iunsurance be cheap on 92 golf thats worth less than 1g?
No matter what it should be cheaper to garage it rather then insure it (and it's pointless if it won't be used).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #32
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
ok man thanks... now my other problem is where to put this car i guess i have 2 options... plate it and insure it under my moms name or garage it.. what would be the cheapest and smartest solution? my moms 46 and shes go a good record so wouldnt the iunsurance be cheap on 92 golf thats worth less than 1g?

I don't really know how insurance in QC works, but out here in SK that wouldn't have that much bearing on the insurance cost. Easiest thing to find out the cost would be to just call whoever provides insurance and see what the rates are. From there it's a matter of figuring out if it costs more to plate it and do nothing, or to just store it.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #33
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
No matter what it should be cheaper to garage it rather then insure it (and it's pointless if it won't be used).

Not true. I could register the 47 dodge for like 100$ a year, being an antique, whereas storing it would cost a minimum of 50$ a month.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #34
illusion34
CF Addict

but do i still have yo get it insured no matter what i do?
illusion34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #35
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Not true. I could register the 47 dodge for like 100$ a year, being an antique, whereas storing it would cost a minimum of 50$ a month.
Can I see this on paper..... from an insurance company? I may have been wrong about the insurance thing (as garage costs are kind of high), but insurance costs are usually high also... and for something that won't get driven. Personally I don't have to worry about parking as we can fit 1 care in the garage and like 6 or 7 in the driveway (plus a bunch in the front or backyard

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 AM   #36
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
but do i still have yo get it insured no matter what i do?

you don't need to have it insured. but if it's just going to be sitting, a storage insurance policy is good in case someone decides to **** it up or steal it.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:13 AM   #37
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Can I see this on paper..... from an insurance company? I may have been wrong about the insurance thing (as garage costs are kind of high), but insurance costs are usually high also... and for something that won't get driven. Personally I don't have to worry about parking as we can fit 1 care in the garage and like 6 or 7 in the driveway (plus a bunch in the front or backyard

ummm my old car was 600$ a year...my new car is 1100$ a year for insurance. 2nd vehicle + it being antique would make it like 100-150$....no shitting.

And I have room for like....at least a 1000 cars...
Old 03-03-2006, 03:13 AM   #38
illusion34
CF Addict

but i heard.. lets say somone steals ur car and comits a felony or sumting.. if u dont have insurance ur held responsible for like negligance( how ever u spell that)
illusion34 is offline   Reply With Quote