Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #46
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion34
wtf are you guys talking about... did i ever say i was gonna do that? fkn jerks.

And I quote...

Quote:
something with alot of watts that really hits hard, something that you REALLY feel or hear from a block or away.

I think that's enough proof to say you were going to be going down crowded streets or neighborhoods being obnoxious, or going through your school parking lot acting "Cool".

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #47
illusion34
CF Addict

ya. you are right.. crowded streets down town or school parking lots. not churches or lil streets. its a totally diff story. and dont tell me for a second that if you have a big sound system u never cranked it a lil to show off?
illusion34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #48
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
ya. you are right.. crowded streets down town or school parking lots. not churches or lil streets. its a totally diff story. and dont tell me for a second that if you have a big sound system u never cranked it a lil to show off?

In areas where it didnt bother people or cops werent around, YES.

~Blow your mind~

Old 03-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #49
illusion34
CF Addict

ok. exactly. if you think about it.. if you just needed it lud enugh for yourself.. whats the use of these subs and all that?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #50
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
ok. exactly. if you think about it.. if you just needed it lud enugh for yourself.. whats the use of these subs and all that?

It's a little something that me and T-bird love - it's called SQL - Sound Quality Level. You can't expect to hear all the frequencies that are in music with just some 6" and 5x7's....
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #51
illusion34
CF Addict

ok, so why do people have 15'' subs? whats the use of a 13w7 or that amp nine.1? y make stuff that strong if you dont need it? and taht pic in t-birds sig.. its cool... but what u guys r saying is.. its pointless right.. having all that power? y make subs with 140 dbs if we dont need that? y have cars with 400hp when you dont need that? y? because we live in america and theres nothing like excess

Last edited by illusion34 : 03-05-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #52
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
ok, so why do people have 15'' subs? whats the use of a 13w7 or that amp nine.1? y make stuff that strong if you dont need it? and taht pic in t-birds sig.. its cool... but what u guys r saying is.. its pointless right.. having all that power?
Most of those are probably used in show cars and competition cars...
Old 03-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #53
illusion34
CF Addict

not all... so tell me then.. a mustang is pointless right? so is a ferrari.. i mean.. they will get you the same places a geo metro will wont it? now.. the speed limit is around 100 kph, a geo could do that. so what is the point? ITS CAUSE WE CAN
Old 03-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #54
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

The intended use of subs (original purpose) was to hit the lower frequencies and produce those lower frequencies at an audible volume that smaller speakers could not. A 6.5" speaker has a pretty difficult time producing a very audible tone of around 20-40hz, while-as a 12" speaker can do this very well.

~Blow your mind~

Old 03-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #55
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
ok, so why do people have 15'' subs? whats the use of a 13w7 or that amp nine.1? y make stuff that strong if you dont need it? and taht pic in t-birds sig.. its cool... but what u guys r saying is.. its pointless right.. having all that power? y make subs with 140 dbs if we dont need that? y have cars with 400hp when you dont need that? y? because we live in america and theres nothing like excess

People have 15" subs because they want them, do they NEED them? NO! Usually people that are really serious about car audio and buy big and multiple subs are into sound competitions, where you can properly show off how loud your system can be. If you just buy 4 15" subs to be loud so people can hear you around the other side of your block you're just being obnoxious.

~Blow your mind~

Old 03-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #56
illusion34
CF Addict

but, i didnt come here picking fights with anyone.. y do you guys have to pick a fight with me?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 AM   #57
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

because your going to act obnoxious with your sub's. and ruin it for the rest of us.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #58
illusion34
CF Addict

ok fk off... thats like me saying all the people who are buying fast cars are gonna wreck it for me because they will end up puttin a limit on speed or hp because too many ppl speed... thats not the way it works my friend.. dont blame me for something that i didnt do... you trying to pin me for something that i might do
Old 03-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #59
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
ok fk off... thats like me saying all the people who are buying fast cars are gonna wreck it for me because they will end up puttin a limit on speed or hp because too many ppl speed... thats not the way it works my friend.. dont blame me for something that i didnt do... you trying to pin me for something that i might do

They already limit speeds...both with laws and governors, and it was because too many people were driving at speeds that they couldn't handle. So that point is invalid.

And we aren't saying your the only one doing it, but you would certainly be a contributing factor in them tightening the laws even further. Hell, as it is, there is no set limit on how loud your stereo can be, but it's at the officers discretion. Enjoy your tickets.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #60
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
They already limit speeds...both with laws and governors, and it was because too many people were driving at speeds that they couldn't handle. So that point is invalid.

And we aren't saying your the only one doing it, but you would certainly be a contributing factor in them tightening the laws even further. Hell, as it is, there is no set limit on how loud your stereo can be, but it's at the officers discretion. Enjoy your tickets.

Around some parts I've been if they have a decibel meter and it goes over 100dB from within 100 ft away they will ticket you, but most cops dont have meters.

~Blow your mind~