Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #1
codeblue
CF Newbie

Summit Racing

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with summit racing products. I am thinking about buying an exhaust setup from them. I like their prices but am concerned about the quality. Anyone?
codeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
glagon1979
daddy x3

all i have to say is, you get what you pay for. sometimes you get a good deal. in your case, i'd save the money and buy a nice one. i dont know about you but i would only want to put an exhaust on once and not worry about it again.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
frizzal
CF Newbie

He does have a point there. When it comes to car parts you do get what you pay for. However, I have friends that use summit parts and they like everything they have gotten from there. And if you are on a budget then it may be the best thing for you. But if money is not an issue then get the best you can. There are name brands for a reason. Like Flow Master. They have been around forever and will continue because they are good parts. And thats my !
Old 03-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
codeblue
CF Newbie

Yea, I agree with what you get is what you pay for. I am paying for college right now and don't have a huge budget to put into my car but still want to continue with the restoration (thats why Summit is so inviting). But at the same time I don't want to waste money on a useless product Thanks for the input though.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #5
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzal
He does have a point there. When it comes to car parts you do get what you pay for. However, I have friends that use summit parts and they like everything they have gotten from there. And if you are on a budget then it may be the best thing for you. But if money is not an issue then get the best you can. There are name brands for a reason. Like Flow Master. They have been around forever and will continue because they are good parts. And thats my !

???Summit racing carries flowmaster as well as other high name brands, they are just a dealer that sells them all together.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:53 AM   #6
codeblue
CF Newbie

They are a distributor of other companies products, but they also sell their own parts in the catalog that you're talking about