Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

A question for newyorker.....(dont laugh)

Well, not just newyorker, anyone who can help really, but I feel newyorker will be first to reply...maybe lol.Okay, I was just playing GT4 in 2player mode with a mate, and I thought hey, what the heck, I'll give the old SRT-4 a thrashing 'round Trial Mountain (the best courxse in my opinion!), and I was shocked to say the least, at the handling. It was one of the best FWD's I've put to that course! Jaymo (One of CF's n00bs....introduced by me lol) was in an Alfa 156GTA I believe, and the Chrysler/Dodge thrashed him!

The Dodgy oversteers beautifully. Only second to the Diesel Focus we have at work. I just wondered if your trusty 2.0litre was this good 'round the bends lol.....I must say though, my views on the otherwise extreamly bland Neon, have changed slightly....unless the SRT is actually crap and so is GT4 lol. I wouldn't mind hearing from somebody who's driven one, too!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-03-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

heh, well the srt-4 is really a completely different animal then the so-called bland neons. i havn't done much with the srt-4 in gt4 other then get it up to like 248mph...

maybe later i'll tune it back down and see how it compares to my R/T... though i havn't autocrossed or anything and actually pushed it to the limits like i would a srt-4 in gt4...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
heh, well the srt-4 is really a completely different animal then the so-called bland neons. i havn't done much with the srt-4 in gt4 other then get it up to like 248mph...

maybe later i'll tune it back down and see how it compares to my R/T... though i havn't autocrossed or anything and actually pushed it to the limits like i would a srt-4 in gt4...
lol...Bear in mind also, that I'm talking about a stock SRT-4....No extras on this one lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 03-03-2006, 02:39 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I don't have GT4, but I do have Forza, and surprisingly, I've never tested the SRT-4 (never knew there was one lol)...but I'll try it out, and see how if she does just as good there
Old 03-03-2006, 03:38 AM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I just played it, and wow, she handles pretty good...I raced her, and then raced a 2002 Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec, on the Laguna Seca, and surprisingly, the SRT was just 2-6 seconds slower than the Nissan (I made 5 laps in each, and took the best numbers for each car), so definitely impressive results, something that Top Gear should test for accuracy

BTW The best time I got for the Dodge was 1:57 lol
Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 AM   #6
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I just wondered if your trusty 2.0litre was this good 'round the bends lol.....

How many cars do you think NewYorker has actually Driven?

Reminds me of a kid telling me that his dad's camry was sooooooo stupidly fast, because it was the fastest car he's ever driven.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:53 AM   #7
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Heh... I haven't touched GT4 in a long time. I got to like 30% and stopped playing and I was about to start again. Since this thread came up it reminded me and I think I will dig my PS2 out of the closet.

I will let you know how that goes if I bother to test the srt-4.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
How many cars do you think NewYorker has actually Driven?

Reminds me of a kid telling me that his dad's camry was sooooooo stupidly fast, because it was the fastest car he's ever driven.
Just the one.....hence why I asked how he car handles....I know he's never driven an SRT lol...Infact, the title was only as it was because newyorker is CF's resident Neon freak lol. I think we put the poor kid down far too much lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
I just played it, and wow, she handles pretty good...I raced her, and then raced a 2002 Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec, on the Laguna Seca, and surprisingly, the SRT was just 2-6 seconds slower than the Nissan (I made 5 laps in each, and took the best numbers for each car), so definitely impressive results, something that Top Gear should test for accuracy
See what I mean? lol....I had her sideways ALOT...I'm gonna stick it on Laguna Seca now and see if I can beat you lol...cant be that much difference in the mapping, can there?

Old 03-03-2006, 03:57 AM   #9
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

God....We're such a video game generation........
Old 03-03-2006, 03:58 AM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Just the one.....hence why I asked how he car handles....I know he's never driven an SRT lol...Infact, the title was only as it was because newyorker is CF's resident Neon freak lol. I think we put the poor kid down far too much lol

See what I mean? lol....I had her sideways ALOT...I'm gonna stick it on Laguna Seca now and see if I can beat you lol...cant be that much difference in the mapping, can there?
Same here lol, she'd kick out of the turns nicely too...well I'm off to play some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
God....We're such a video game generation........
I blame the government
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Oh...and the Traction Control etc stays OFF as far as I'm concerned lol

Old 03-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #12
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Great. Now you're gonna give him an unreliable reason to think the SRT4 is the best car in the world.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:07 AM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Great. Now you're gonna give him an unreliable reason to think the SRT4 is the best car in the world.
Hey, most people base real life on video games these days anyway lol.

btw, Chris....I done it in 1'53.574.....Have to allow for the track mapping though I guess lol...that was on my first attempt, too lol

Old 03-03-2006, 04:21 AM   #14
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

hmm... no mods what-so-ever? and all driving aid's turned off? i may need to get a new srt-4, since i've probably done some weight reduction to the one i already have in gt4, and you can't undo that...

i'll see what i can do.

EDIT: cliffy, did you get an oil change, change tires, or anything else?

Last edited by pik_d : 03-03-2006 at 04:25 AM.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:28 AM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
hmm... no mods what-so-ever? and all driving aid's turned off? i may need to get a new srt-4, since i've probably done some weight reduction to the one i already have in gt4, and you can't undo that...

i'll see what i can do.

EDIT: cliffy, did you get an oil change, change tires, or anything else?
No, I done it in Arcade mode...Time trial!...that's probably where I beat Chris....coz ya get a rolling start in GT4...Dunno about Forza!