Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2006, 03:29 AM   #1
A mighty ninja
CF Newbie

Eagle Talon harmonic balancer

First and foremost let it be known that I know nothing at all about cars.

I have a 95 Eagle Talon ESi and it does not work. The shop I took it to told me I need a new harmonic balancer and want $275 for the part. When I pointed out that the price was insane they said they always overcharge on out of stock parts and suggested I shop around for it online. After spending a couple of hours today I came up with nothing definitively, but I get the impression the balancer in the 95 Eclipse should be identical to its counterpart in a 95 Talon. Be that the case this could save me $200.
http://www.midwayautosupply.com/deta...tion.asp?17406
So can anyone give me a pretty straight forward yes or no as to whether I should order this? Will it work in my car?
A mighty ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:37 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A mighty ninja
First and foremost let it be known that I know nothing at all about cars.

I have a 95 Eagle Talon ESi and it does not work. The shop I took it to told me I need a new harmonic balancer and want $275 for the part. When I pointed out that the price was insane they said they always overcharge on out of stock parts and suggested I shop around for it online. After spending a couple of hours today I came up with nothing definitively, but I get the impression the balancer in the 95 Eclipse should be identical to its counterpart in a 95 Talon. Be that the case this could save me $200.
http://www.midwayautosupply.com/deta...tion.asp?17406
So can anyone give me a pretty straight forward yes or no as to whether I should order this? Will it work in my car?
Uaually it's nice to say "hi" or "Please help me" or even "thanx for your time"....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
A mighty ninja
CF Newbie

Thank you for your valuable input. It resolved all of my car troubles.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:47 AM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Thank you for your valuable input. It resolved all of my car troubles.
Sarcasm really doesn't work well here, especially seeing as how YOU are the one who needs help....we dont need YOU.....Now, all I asked is that you were politer in your approach, but that's clearly too much for you to grasp!

Now, why dont ya toddle off and search the Forums as to how I treat polite members!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #5
A mighty ninja
CF Newbie

Well, I meant no offense; I just don't generally tend to thank people until after they've helped me. If you choose to operate on a friendlier level here though I can respect that, so sorry if I sounded rude. I really would appreciate an honest answer to my question if you happen to know.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:10 AM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Are you googling just "harmonic balancer"? You could try to look up crankshaft pulley or underdrive pulley.
Oh, and as far as the Mitsu fitting, I am almost positive it will...I'd say 95% sure. I'd try looking up those other terms and see if you can't find something better first though.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:11 AM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Well, I meant no offense; I just don't generally tend to thank people until after they've helped me. If you choose to operate on a friendlier level here though I can respect that, so sorry if I sounded rude. I really would appreciate an honest answer to my question if you happen to know.
I wasn't asking you to necessarily say thank you before we've helped you....just a "please" would have done lol. Anyway, it's done with now, no harm done!

But I'm sorry, I cant personally help you, I merely trying to turn things around so so people in the know would look twice at this thread! I'm sure you'll receive a response soon though!

Old 03-03-2006, 04:13 AM   #8
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Shh, I'm working here...
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:20 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Shh, I'm working here...
SORRY!....Oooops..I mean..... sorry ......lol

Old 03-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #10
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

Don't take my word on it, but I believe the Eclipse and the Talon is pretty much the same car. I know that they are both made by Mitsubishi. If you want to be certain, try checking the part number on it and bringing it to a dealer and asking if its the same.
Golddragoner is offline   Reply With Quote