Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 05:36 AM   #76
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Mathew is right. I agree with him. I speed, if I get caught, I don't really want to pay the fine. I've paid three times, but if there is a way to get out of it LEGALLY, I will do it. Thankfully in SK we don't get points off for busting the speed limit(provided its within 50kms of the limit). But when I got a bullshit ticket for Undue Care and Attention, I took it to court, won by default because the cop didn't show.(But that's another story altogether)

Furthermore, I can understand what newyorker is saying about his mother. My mother has had quintuple bypass surgery, and my father suffers from Hairy Cell Leukemia. I've never used that as an excuse for anything, but I sure as hell know that if there is anyway that I can help, and that means them not finding out about a ticket, then I'm sure as hell not telling them. You have to understand that there isn't much that as their children there isn't much else we can do. Yes, we can help out around the house, do what they say, so on so forth. But constantly being by their side doesn't help anything. So lay the **** off of him for that Godlaus. It's a valid point. Same with you Pythias. My father ALSO works full time, paying out a debt that he shouldn't have to, and ALSO works on the farm. You ARE NOT SPECIAL.
As well Pythias. That conversation on AIM was held in confidence that it would not get posted all over the internet. Bet you feel like a special cookie for posting that. I love how you referred to him as being "stupid" or "dumb" several times when you can not spell to save your ****ing life. And in this instance, you ARE THE ****ING IDIOT. The precise reason why you go to court is to try and DEFEND yourself, and to WIN, whatever you may win, either no points on insurance, or the whole ticket being thrown out, or whatever.

Newyorker has said that he will gladly pay the ****ing fine, but he doesn't want insurance points. It's reasonable. What the **** would you do? I'm sure if you got busted for speeding and it meant paying out the ass for a few years you would do whatever you could to avoid it. And don't try to preach that you never speed, because I'm sure that is complete and utter horseshit.




And I'm sure I've forgotten something along the way...

1. No sh*t, that is what I was trying to say. Did you miss that?

2. And I also expect him to NOT lie about what I said, but since he did I figure I would post and prove it, sorry if I used it to make a point and shouldn't have, my bad.

-If you don't know what I am referring to, it is the part of what I was "making it out to seem" that I wanted him to walk in there for the biggest fine available, when I am simply saying take responsibility.

2. And yes and I was also typing about a mile a minute, sorry if I mistype alot of words for typing fast, in the future I will make sure I use proper grammar and punctuation.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 05:41 AM   #77
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
To be quite honest I always though the limit on the road was 50 or 55, because its a 3 lane dual section road (2 sections going each way with 3 lanes in each).

You have a point there... If you did indeed believe in that, they might let you go. You got pulled over 2 traffic lights (2 blocks) before the speed limit changes to 55. However, this is still 10mph over speed limit...
Nissan_Altima is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 AM   #78
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
1. No sh*t, that is what I was trying to say. Did you miss that?

- Then why even bring up your father's situation. I wouldn't have even mentioned my parents normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
2. And I also expect him to NOT lie about what I said, but since he did I figure I would post and prove it, sorry if I used it to make a point and shouldn't have, my bad.

- Then why not be the bigger "man" and walk away? As far as I can see, the ticket issue is settled. He said he would pay the fine, but doesn't want the points, it's reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
-If you don't know what I am referring to, it is the part of what I was "making it out to seem" that I wanted him to walk in there for the biggest fine available, when I am simply saying take responsibility.

- He has stated several times that he will take responsibility. Even though he does not want the points, by his own admission of being guilty and willing to pay the fine, he has accepted responsibilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
2. And yes and I was also typing about a mile a minute, sorry if I mistype alot of words for typing fast, in the future I will make sure I use proper grammar and punctuation.

- Way to be patronizing you jizzwad. Works better if you actually have the right to be. Typing fast is no excuse for shitty spelling.
dodgerforlife is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 05:47 AM   #79
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
I skimmed this thread and have absolutely no intention on reading a novel long flame-war from everyone in sight. While newyorker has already lost the respect of many on this forum and has been known to lie, I don't understand why he is getting so strongly bashed. Most people attempt to get out of points after being pulled over for speeding and many succeed. It is not that big of a deal and I think I would do the same in his case.

In addition, he has already claimed multiple times that he does NOT plan on lieng. What else do you want? We have to stop acting like 5th grade children and understand that this is a real life situation...
Nissan_Altima is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 05:50 AM   #80
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
I skimmed this thread and have absolutely no intention on reading a novel long flame-war from everyone in sight. While newyorker has already lost the respect of many on this forum and has been known to lie, I don't understand why he is getting so strongly bashed. Most people attempt to get out of points after being pulled over for speeding and many succeed. It is not that big of a deal and I think I would do the same in his case.

In addition, he has already claimed multiple times that he does NOT plan on lieng. What else do you want? We have to stop acting like 5th grade children and understand that this is a real life situation...



why do you think im actually backing him up instead of trashing him?
dodgerforlife is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:02 AM   #81
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
- Then why even bring up your father's situation. I wouldn't have even mentioned my parents normally.


To give him an example that there are much worse things than paying for a speeding ticket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
- Then why not be the bigger "man" and walk away? As far as I can see, the ticket issue is settled. He said he would pay the fine, but doesn't want the points, it's reasonable.


Because I decided I would correct him about what I said exactly.

It would be like you and me having a conversation and you saying in it, don't be a fool. And then me comming on here and claiming you called me a stupid ignorant pos. Would you correct me or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
- He has stated several times that he will take responsibility. Even though he does not want the points, by his own admission of being guilty and willing to pay the fine, he has accepted responsibilty.


Not even what I was referring to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
- Way to be patronizing you jizzwad. Works better if you actually have the right to be. Typing fast is no excuse for shitty spelling.

My bad my bad, from now on I will practice perfect gramar.

Now let's see if you will be the "bigger man" and walk away.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:06 AM   #82
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Its MY court hearing and I will do and say as I feel right, no matter how much morality is posted here....I dont give a shit what all of you say to me about what to tell the judge....
If you really didn't give a shit then why even bring it up in the first place? I'm not trying to be a hard ass here and not saying everyone else is right in what they are saying, but I also think you got yourself into this (and I don't mean just cause you were speeding, but how you act on this forum).

The main thing that got you in trouble with everyone here (in this thread) is that you came right out and said you'd lie in the opening post, if you would of left that out and never mentioned it (even as a joke), you'd of been alright. There's times for jokes or kidding around and then there's times to be serious and mature.

Honestly I say this thread not only be closed but deleted (again, not going against you, but with it gone, the fighting will calm alittle). I don't really feel like saying much more, as I don't want things I say turned around in either direction... I hope you do what's right (it's not what you say you'll do, it's what actions you do when the time comes that counts.... and that's not saying pay the whole fine/points/and do the school thing, it's saying do what's right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I got clocked doing 65.7 in the 45. When the cop pulled me i told him that i blew a fuse and was going to get a new guage cluster at the local junk yard. He said "go to court the judge knows you dont want points she might even waive the fine" What should I do? I cant pay this and I dont want insurance points.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:15 AM   #83
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89


Honestly I say this thread not only be closed but deleted


Hear Hear!
dodgerforlife is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:28 AM   #84
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
97Talonchik is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #85
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
got enough for me too?
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:32 AM   #86
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
No kitty, its my potpie.
97Talonchik is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #87
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline  
Old 03-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #88
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Guys, this thread is one of the biggest, pointless flame wars in CF history. The reason I say it's pointless, is because no matter how many times newyorker says he'll pay the fine, he's flamed for the same thing time and time again.....FOR TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT! He's said he'll pay the fine, and to be honest, he'd be stupid not to try and get off without receiving points! As it is, if he gets off scott free, it'll annoy me because I just know the same wouldn't happen for me, we all know we'd try it anyway!

I'm gonna close this now....and see no reason in justifying why....because I'm sure you all know why!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.