Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
g-rex2908
CF Newbie

which car should i get?

Hi, I currently drive a 2005 Acura Rsx 5-speed automatic, now I am thinking of getting a manual transmission vehicle. I was looking at the cars I like and was wondering which one is the most bang for the buck sorta speak. The list of cars I am currently deciding between are: 2006 Acura RSX Type-s, 2004 Subaru WRX, 2002-2005 Lexus IS300, 2003-2005 Nissan 350Z, 2002-2004 Mitsubishi Evolution,or a 2006 Scion TC. Whichever car I get, I will most likely put a great amount of money into, such as interior work, exterior,and engine upgrades. Please let me know of your guy's opinions in order to help me make my final decision. Thanks in advance!
g-rex2908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

What can i say? How about you're an idiot? Your car is practically brand new and you already want another car? What is the matter with you? Even if you have money to burn, don't waste it like this. Enough with the flaming, here's my advice:

Go to a specialty shop, ask them if they carry the K20a they use in the JDM Integra R. If not, there are probaly some online retailers who sell them. And since you have money to burn, i guess price is not a problem. It's the same engine in your RSX, except it has 220hp, and 179 tq, along with a limited slip differential and a 6 speed manual transmission. It'll cost you around 5 grand to buy and put in. It'll drop right in, and you'll be able to smoke RSX-S's. Not to mention you can sell your current motor off for around 1500-2000 dollars since its a 2005 motor; which means it probaly has low mileage. So, you're looking at around 4 grand to get the job done.

Which is a hell lot better then spitting out all that extra cash for getting a whole new car.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--

Last edited by aerith : 03-04-2006 at 11:31 AM.
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rex2908
Hi, I currently drive a 2005 Acura Rsx 5-speed automatic, now I am thinking of getting a manual transmission vehicle. I was looking at the cars I like and was wondering which one is the most bang for the buck sorta speak. The list of cars I am currently deciding between are: 2006 Acura RSX Type-s, 2004 Subaru WRX, 2002-2005 Lexus IS300, 2003-2005 Nissan 350Z, 2002-2004 Mitsubishi Evolution,or a 2006 Scion TC. Whichever car I get, I will most likely put a great amount of money into, such as interior work, exterior,and engine upgrades. Please let me know of your guy's opinions in order to help me make my final decision. Thanks in advance!

If you're getting a RSX-S; just go with the my idea in the above post. IS300 is a piece of crap; underpowered and the 5 speed manual transmission is below par. Judging by your original question; you probaly don't know too much about cars; don't get the Evolution unless you are serious about it; if you want decent life out of it; you'll really have to treat it well. The Scion TC is a freaking corolla in a different body; so that translates to slow piece of junk performance wise. The 350z is a good idea; if you don't mind the ugly blank interior. The WRX is a good choice too, if you don't mind the ugly exterior.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 03:46 AM   #4
g-rex2908
CF Newbie

Ok, I guess I should have included a little bit more info in my post. Honestly, I
don't have money to blow on a whole other car. I want to get a car for myself, and I would let my sister take over the lease payments on my current car. I have about 6k in the bank right now, and thats what I would use toward a down payment on a car that I can mod up and tune myself. If none of those choices are any good, please let me know of a car that I may be able to find that would better suit me. Used s2000 maybe?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

dude u dont have enough money to get and do the things u want to i a BRAND NEW CAR, grow up, and get daddy to stop paying for u.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
If you're getting a RSX-S; just go with the my idea in the above post. IS300 is a piece of crap; underpowered and the 5 speed manual transmission is below par. Judging by your original question; you probaly don't know too much about cars; don't get the Evolution unless you are serious about it; if you want decent life out of it; you'll really have to treat it well. The Scion TC is a freaking corolla in a different body; so that translates to slow piece of junk performance wise. The 350z is a good idea; if you don't mind the ugly blank interior. The WRX is a good choice too, if you don't mind the ugly exterior.

Of course the RSX is the slowest out of all of them, but thats the one you recommend because you're biased.

Heres from someone who isnt Honda's lap dog. Out of those, the Evo is definitely
the quickest. The 350Z in my opinion is the best looking. It really depends on what kind of car you want. If you want balls-retreating-into-stomach speed with few creature comforts go for the Evo. If you want good fuel economy with a pretty good look go for the Scion. If you want a car that has the Acura badge on it, go with the RSX.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Of course the RSX is the slowest out of all of them, but thats the one you recommend because you're biased.

Heres from someone who isnt Honda's lap dog. Out of those, the Evo is definitely
the quickest. The 350Z in my opinion is the best looking. It really depends on what kind of car you want. If you want balls-retreating-into-stomach speed with few creature comforts go for the Evo. If you want good fuel economy with a pretty good look go for the Scion. If you want a car that has the Acura badge on it, go with the RSX.
Now here's an opinion from someone who isnt completely biased AGAINST Honda/Acura like you are...

First off, the RSX-S is faster than a tC. Second off, I'd go to bet the RSX-S is just as quick, if not quicker than an IS300 (it's heavy {compared to the RSX-S} and only has 215hp, RSX weighs 400lbs less and has basically the exact same power). Nonetheless, the tC and IS300 are both great cars in their own aspects like the RSX-S.

It seems this guy doesnt have the money to be wanting to do what he is doing...

Why are you leasing a brand new vehicle and now want ANOTHER slightly used vehicle? Obviously you dont have the fund for this type of vehicle, you should be looking into not caught into leases and try and BUY an older used vehicle for less than $20k. Try looking into cars around $5000-$10,000.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #8
g-rex2908
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
dude u dont have enough money to get and do the things u want to i a BRAND NEW CAR, grow up, and get daddy to stop paying for u.

Ok, don't get the wrong idea. My parents don't pay shit for my car or anything else. I work full time and make my own money, so I definitely don't need my parents for anything. The car I drive now is in my parents name, and I just pay the car note,and for insurance.My parents wouldn't let me get a manual transmission car, so no I'm trying to get my own car that I can finance on my own. Thats all! So get your shit strait next time.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
illusion34
CF Addict

y dont u just convert ur rsx to manual? it would be cheaper than buying a new car and besides your rsx is brand new it would be a waste... unless.. you could give me your rsx
illusion34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Ya, I would just chill with the auto or get the transfer that Aerith is talking about. You dont have the money for anything else especially if you want to buy a new car when you are driving a car that is practically one year old.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:05 AM   #11
g-rex2908
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion34
y dont u just convert ur rsx to manual? it would be cheaper than buying a new car and besides your rsx is brand new it would be a waste... unless.. you could give me your rsx

I would do that, except it on a lease, so I can't make any changes to the car, because I don't own it.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 AM   #12
ehhh
CF Newbie

since you can't do anything to that car i would say it depends in what your more into for the looks and a slight bpu mods or do you want to make it a really decently modded car such as turbo, suspension and all that jazz. if for looks i'd say go for the 350z it still got a good up and go and looks good, but for a more heavily mod i'd suggest the evo but not the scion wouldn't be worth modding or the gettin the RSX-S its nice but i'd say the others are better. As for the IS300 doesn't that car run off the idea of a supra or am i wrong about that. Hell i got a car for you that you'd like go with a M3. Now that bein said you have only 6 grand right now and you want to do that i'm curious how old are you and how much do you make cause if you make a decent bloody $20.00 hr id say go for it but if not i'd say go with something less maybe a camaro if you can find one those are good and you'd proabably find one for cheaper maybe a SRT-4.
ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #13
g-rex2908
CF Newbie

Im 19. I work 7 days a week at 2 jobs just to accomplish my goal of getting a car and modding it up. That's what I want to do with my life, and I'm going to school for that sort of thing, so I just wanted a nice car to do things to. I'm more into go than show, but a little show is ok though.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #14
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rex2908
Im 19. I work 7 days a week at 2 jobs just to accomplish my goal of getting a car and modding it up. That's what I want to do with my life, and I'm going to school for that sort of thing, so I just wanted a nice car to do things to. I'm more into go than show, but a little show is ok though.

I find it funny I sold my performance car for more money for college (1992 300ZXTT) and you're buying a performance car!

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote