Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2006, 04:18 AM   #1
kirklinbing
CF Newbie

Problem accelerating immediately after start

I have 99 Chevy Blazer V6 automatic four wheel drive. After starting it acts as though it is going to stall when I try to accelerate. This only occurs for the first minute or so and only in drive or reverse. I can rev it up in neutral and have no problems but when I am in drive and press on the accelerator it acts as though it might stall when I let off the accelerator it will idle fine and acts normal. Again, after about a minute of this it all of a sudden runs great. I have replaced the two O2 sensors(the one behind the cadilictic and the one after), air filter, and fuel filter. My next guess is the spark plugs. Please Help!
kirklinbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Just so you know, you should always run your vehicle only warm. Maybe running it cold before has caused internal damage? Not sure...
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
davsmitty
CF Addict

my truck sometimes does that. Its an '86 GMC 1/2 ton w/ 5L v8 & 4bbl carb.
It only seems to do it when the engine is cold, i'd blame it on the choke system, i re-did my entire exhaust and tore abunch of the emissions stuff out. Yours being newer and FI though makes me think its probably the computer or timing, maybe dumping too much feul in the engine and the mixture being too rich. Dunno for sure, buy a Chilton or Haynes repaire manual and talk to someone who's been around cars for a while, we all have those relatives or friends of freinds who know their stuff.
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #4
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklinbing
I have 99 Chevy Blazer V6 automatic four wheel drive. After starting it acts as though it is going to stall when I try to accelerate. This only occurs for the first minute or so and only in drive or reverse. I can rev it up in neutral and have no problems but when I am in drive and press on the accelerator it acts as though it might stall when I let off the accelerator it will idle fine and acts normal. Again, after about a minute of this it all of a sudden runs great. I have replaced the two O2 sensors(the one behind the cadilictic and the one after), air filter, and fuel filter. My next guess is the spark plugs. Please Help!

I would suggest getting your fuel injectors hand cleaned if you haven't before.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote