Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #31
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
I think most people could probably beat that, they arent that quick. In fact leaving school today I gave an M5 TT a royal ass raping in the HEMI, and its SLOW. But Im sure that douche couldnt drive it for shit.
What does an M5 have to do with it? lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 03-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #32
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

M5 means manual 5 speed transmission. Its like saying A4 which is 4 speed automatic.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #33
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
M5 means manual 5 speed transmission. Its like saying A4 which is 4 speed automatic.
LOL...I thought you were saying an M5 Twin Turbo lol.....thought it was a bit unrealistic....but now I know

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 03-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #34
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
you remind me of those rednecks from the truck comercials. "does that thing got a Hemi in it?"

Well asshole I am from the south and I grew up with alot rednecks. I guess you could say that makes me one but who the hell cares, I'm not ashamed of where I came from
. I love that truck because It will whoop half of the damn cars on the road. Some assclown will go out and buy a civic and he thinks hes got the fastest thing on earth, and its oh so fun to destroy the little fantasy land he lives in with a big slow truck.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #35
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
So by your saying the M3 is a 3-speed manual?
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #36
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

When speaking about a transmission yes. When speaking about a car model it is the tweaked version of the 3 series BMW.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #37
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

Why would you say that? M5 is a BMW model and A4 is an Audi...

This shorthand in conversation needs to end. As indicated by Cliffy, all it does is confuse the issue.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #38
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Well asshole I am from the south and I grew up with alot rednecks. I guess you could say that makes me one but who the hell cares, I'm not ashamed of where I came from
. I love that truck because It will whoop half of the damn cars on the road. Some assclown will go out and buy a civic and he thinks hes got the fastest thing on earth, and its oh so fun to destroy the little fantasy land he lives in with a big slow truck.

actually the hemi ram isint slow by any standards, especially in a class of work trucks, 7.3 secs to 60 isint bad at all to me,
civic is somethin like 8 or 9, but i could be wrong about that

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
Old 03-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #39
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Why would you say that? M5 is a BMW model and A4 is an Audi...

This shorthand in conversation needs to end. As indicated by Cliffy, all it does is confuse the issue.

Well Im sorry but in all the car rings I frequent we refer to the transmission with either an A or M and that followed by the number of gears. I use it here because I figured most educated people could distinguish from when I am speaking of a transmission and when I am refering to a whole car.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #40
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
actually the hemi ram isint slow by any standards, especially in a class of work trucks, 7.3 secs to 60 isint bad at all to me,
civic is somethin like 8 or 9, but i could be wrong about that

Oh yes it is extremely quick for a work truck but in the real world where you are just compared to whatever is on the road, it is slow.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #41
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Oh yes it is extremely quick for a work truck but in the real world where you are just compared to whatever is on the road, it is slow.

i know what you mean, but think about this,

whatever is on the road may be anything from a cavalier(slower)
to a .... i dunno, jeep commanche, 0-60 in 12 secs or so

to a friggin lamborghini

but new dodge rams are definitley fast enough to keep up with the average
minivan or civic, or what have you

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
Old 03-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #42
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:

woah, calm the f*ck down. i was only joking around, but since you want to get into a pissing match, i say you go crawl back into the hole you came from and STFU, assclown!!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #43
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Well Im sorry but in all the car rings I frequent we refer to the transmission with either an A or M and that followed by the number of gears. I use it here because I figured most educated people could distinguish from when I am speaking of a transmission and when I am refering to a whole car.

Well, the "car rings" you hang with must all be redneck, too. Or played too much GT4. Most of us that have been doing this for years in many different genres (from sports cars to street rods) don't use that terminology. I have occasionally seen it typed the other way around for some automatics (4AT, 5AT), but even that's rare. But it's never said like that in conversation or training.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #44
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

so wait... why are we beating up on enthusiast? i understood perfectly he ment a 5-speed manual when i read the post.

then he got associated with "those rednecks in that hemi comercial". i remember that comercial, and that's really not the most flattering of comments. so if anything, i can see where he's commin from defending himself.

and chrisV, does that mean his way of saying it is wrong, or bad? using obvious contex clues, the "word" TT in this case, in his sentence, i dont see how you could think he ment a "BMW M5 audi TT" as one car...
Old 03-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #45
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
so wait... why are we beating up on enthusiast? i understood perfectly he ment a 5-speed manual when i read the post.

then he got associated with "those rednecks in that hemi comercial". i remember that comercial, and that's really not the most flattering of comments. so if anything, i can see where he's commin from defending himself.

and chrisV, does that mean his way of saying it is wrong, or bad? using obvious contex clues, the "word" TT in this case, in his sentence, i dont see how you could think he ment a "BMW M5 audi TT" as one car...

Apparently Cliffy got confused, as well.Iit's not the term normally used, and then he went off on how his local slang should be perfectly easy to understand to anyone with experience. That struck a nerve. Sorry, but we correct peopel that use OTHER terms wrong, or make up their own slang and expect everyone else to figure it out. there have been people that have posted here that YOU'VE found incomprehensible, too. The simple fact is that his terminology is unclear, and it's not, as he thinks, the normal way to do it.

Oh wait, I forgot, I'm not supposed to correct anyone anymore. Opinions, no matter WHAT they are, are all that's important and we'd best support EVERY opinion no mater WHAT it is...

Forget it. I'm tired of it.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Closed Thread