Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 01:33 AM   #61
mx3_monster
im completely sane
 
mx3_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Racine,WI
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
LOL...I thought you were saying an M5 Twin Turbo lol.....thought it was a bit unrealistic....but now I know
that is exactly what i was thinking lol
__________________
Member of the STi Fan Club, The Post Whore Club, And The Nobody in Particular FAN CLUB


"I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself!"
mx3_monster is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 01:59 AM   #62
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I actually know what they means...MTX = manual transaxle and ATX is automatic transaxle
He still hasnt proven for shit that he has a TT, so I will call BS on this one.

Why is it so hard to beleive? Theyre pretty common around here and beleive it or not, there are people out there that have some money!

Not everyone who makes 100k a year chooses to drive a pos Neon
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #63
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Why is it so hard to beleive? Theyre pretty common around here and beleive it or not, there are people out there that have some money!

Not everyone who makes 100k a year chooses to drive a pos Neon
And not many 12 year olds have TTs and show them off with no proof. I chose to drive it because im 17 and dont need a super fast car with little experience to just crash adn throw the money away
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:04 AM   #64
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
And not many 12 year olds have TTs and show them off with no proof. I chose to drive it because im 17 and dont need a super fast car with little experience to just crash adn throw the money away

Or because you dont actually make 100k a year..
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:04 AM   #65
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
And not many 12 year olds have TTs and show them off with no proof. I chose to drive it because im 17 and dont need a super fast car with little experience to just crash adn throw the money away
i thought you said you didn't like or want the neon when you first got it?


stop pretending to be vwhobo... it got old the first time you did it.
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:17 AM   #66
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
I believe the kid, and have no reason not to. If he was a 12 year old just dreaming he would probably say that he owns a Viper. I don't know too many young kids who dream about Audis. Not saying their slow cars, but more geared towards the older folks IMO.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:59 AM   #67
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
i used to want a TT when i was around 12... back when they first came out. now they're just... meh...
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia

Last edited by pik_d : 03-09-2006 at 03:06 AM.
pik_d is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 04:12 AM   #68
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
ahh, i wish i owned a viper...

*plots to make father inable to drive*
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 04:40 AM   #69
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Well, the "car rings" you hang with must all be redneck, too. Or played too much GT4. Most of us that have been doing this for years in many different genres (from sports cars to street rods) don't use that terminology. I have occasionally seen it typed the other way around for some automatics (4AT, 5AT), but even that's rare. But it's never said like that in conversation or training.

How about you take a look over on LS1tech.com. That is almost always how they refer to it. Just because youve never seen something done doesnt mean that it isn't.
__________________
Enthusiast is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 04:42 AM   #70
ride3k
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
How about you take a look over on LS1tech.com. That is almost always how they refer to it. Just because youve never seen something done doesnt mean that it isn't.

dude, maybe on a forum where all thats talked about are LS1's, M5 an A4 are reasonbale terms, but on any forum that would talk about a multitude of cars, (THE m5 and THE a4 included dipshit) they are not the best terms to use as they would often cause confusion, go back to your little hole in the wall
__________________
Rollin' 18's on my 3k

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 04:50 AM   #71
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
**** all you Guys. I came on this forum a while back and really like it because everyone was friendly and would listen and not just flip out. Then after about a month I quit because most of you are all little closeminded pricks.
I know my shit and I came back to maybe contribute to this forum but if you all are just gonna be ignorant assholes......**** YOU.
__________________
Enthusiast is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 AM   #72
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I actually know what they means...MTX = manual transaxle and ATX is automatic transaxle
He still hasnt proven for shit that he has a TT, so I will call BS on this one.

What if the car doesn't have a transaxle?
__________________
Mathew is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 05:46 AM   #73
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
**** all you Guys. I came on this forum a while back and really like it because everyone was friendly and would listen and not just flip out. Then after about a month I quit because most of you are all little closeminded pricks.
I know my shit and I came back to maybe contribute to this forum but if you all are just gonna be ignorant assholes......**** YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
LOL...I thought you were saying an M5 Twin Turbo lol.....thought it was a bit unrealistic....but now I know
Listen, Enthusiast, you whining piece of crap....I was more than accommodating towards you, and you go off on one like a lil twelve year old!...If you'd have used lower case text, maybe, just maybe I'd have understood....Instead you you stupid jargon that nobody but the idiot who wrote it is likely to understand...Even ChrisV picked up on it for crying out loud!

You know what they say though, if you cant stand the heat.....stay out of the kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik
yea, but cliffy get's confused alot, so that's a moot point.
I only get confused when punks like him use stupid jargon. Now without being big headed, I consider myself to know a bit about cars. I also think I'd wipe the floor with members like Enthusiast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx3
That's exactly what I was thinking...
Wow...somebody who thinks like me.....lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-09-2006 at 05:49 AM.
Cliffy is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 05:52 AM   #74
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I only get confused when punks like him use stupid jargon. Now without being big headed, I consider myself to know a bit about cars. I also think I'd wipe the floor with members like Enthusiast...
that was a joke... as noted by the smilie that got deleted from when you quoted me...
__________________
-two great sources to combat ignorance-
google
wikipedia
pik_d is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 05:53 AM   #75
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
that was a joke... as noted by the smilie that got deleted from when you quoted me...
I understand that it was a joke......but I meant what I said lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.