Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 04:09 AM   #16
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Illegally doing the speed limit...

Nope got my limited license, Nucka! What?

Be jealous!

__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:16 AM   #17
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx3_monster
wow they didnt have the right tools for an alingmnent?


Actually, the dealership's alignment hoist was too high. The GT wouldn't make it up the ramp without damaging the bottom of the car. So they brought the car to BCIT because our alignment hoist was brand new and only about 10 inches off the ground. As you can imagine, it caused quite a commotion. About 80 or so automotive students from different classes missed our lunch hour watching it.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:17 AM   #18
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Nope got my limited license, Nucka! What?

Be jealous!



Oh hey, I'm not jealous, congrats! I'm happy for ya.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:24 AM   #19
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Actually, the dealership's alignment hoist was too high. The GT wouldn't make it up the ramp without damaging the bottom of the car. So they brought the car to BCIT because our alignment hoist was brand new and only about 10 inches off the ground. As you can imagine, it caused quite a commotion. About 80 or so automotive students from different classes missed our lunch hour watching it.

Hey mathew you work at a dealership? Which dealership and how did you get employed in that dealership, like what degrees do you have to have and stuff. And how much money do you make like yearly/month/hour.. because im thinking about an automotive careea too.thanks
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:30 AM   #20
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Don't mean to sound too much of a moron, but is that Integra Type R street legal in the states?
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:03 AM   #21
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Nope got my limited license, Nucka! What?

Be jealous!


d000d like are there oil rigs or what in NM?
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:03 AM   #22
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Hey mathew you work at a dealership? Which dealership and how did you get employed in that dealership, like what degrees do you have to have and stuff. And how much money do you make like yearly/month/hour.. because im thinking about an automotive careea too.thanks

1. Yes
2. A Bugatti dealership, I applied for the job, PHD in advanced Medicine
3. $360,000/$30,000/$200
4. Good for you.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #23
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
1. Yes
2. A Bugatti dealership, I applied for the job, PHD in advanced Medicine
3. $360,000/$30,000/$200
4. Good for you.

Now im currious, why would you need to know aboout medicine to fix cars?? And you dont need any other automotive degrees or certificates to work in a dealership?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #24
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Now im currious, why would you need to know aboout medicine to fix cars?? And you dont need any other automotive degrees or certificates to work in a dealership?
I think you'll find he's winding you up lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #25
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Now im currious, why would you need to know aboout medicine to fix cars?? And you dont need any other automotive degrees or certificates to work in a dealership?

Listen here BUDDY. I'm a car doctor, not a car mechanic. Get it straight, b1tch.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #26
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Listen here BUDDY. I'm a car doctor, not a car mechanic. Get it straight, b1tch.
That's what we all say...Or I used to when I was one lol....Only trouble is, the amount of cars that we "lost" was frightening....
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:33 AM   #27
davidmjh
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2
lol, a good days work hu?
davidmjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:40 AM   #28
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I haven't posted what I'm doing yet, so here's what I'm seeing:



BTW Never realized all the smudges on my monitor, oddly, right now everything is crisp, but I'll clean it tomorrow
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.