Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2006, 04:12 AM   #16
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
Haha that 30 seconds could have done better than the real movie at the Oscars.

The trailer for the real movie doesn't impress me at all, it just kept mentioning about how good it is according to some film critics and never actually told me one iota of info about the movie. Usually movies with trailers with just endorsements in it are bad ones from personal experiences.

This is the RT link http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brokeback_mountain/
as you can see it received 86% as compiled from 208 of the best critic's reviews. Perhaps you prefer a movie such as Ultraviolet http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10004504-ultraviolet/
you don't have to worry about it getting rave reviews in the trailer.

Some of you people are flaunting your immaturity with your homophobia. The movie is about something very real, something that potentially could or did happen, and it makes for a very tragic story. You're obviously too used to watching crap like "Saw 2", with absolutely no substance.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:13 AM   #17
mx3_monster
im completely sane

i wouldnt mind seeing it but ill just wait until it comes out on video

"I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself!"
mx3_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #18
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
This is the RT link http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brokeback_mountain/
as you can see it received 86% as compiled from 208 of the best critic's reviews. Perhaps you prefer a movie such as Ultraviolet http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10004504-ultraviolet/
you don't have to worry about it getting rave reviews in the trailer.

The thing is I don't want trailers stuffed with critics endorsement to re-assure me that the movie is worth seeing-I can decide from the content(not endorsements) of the movie myself whether I would want to watch it or not. It may be a good movie but it hasn't got me to go to the cinemas for it which trailers are designed for.

Quote:
Some of you people are flaunting your immaturity with your homophobia. The movie is about something very real, something that potentially could or did happen, and it makes for a very tragic story. You're obviously too used to watching crap like "Saw 2", with absolutely no substance.

So what if it's real and tragic? Not everyone has the same criteria for a good film like you have, I watch films which have a simple plot as I like to be entertained and feel good rather than confused or depressed by the end of a movie.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #19
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
So what if it's real and tragic? Not everyone has the same criteria for a good film like you have, I watch films which have a simple plot as I like to be entertained and feel good rather than confused or depressed by the end of a movie.

That's kind of like being 17 and already "knowing" what kind of car is "the best" and the only kind you want to drive. Or knowing what kind of food is the best and the only kind of food you'll ever eat.

Watching a movie like this doesn't mean you can't stil watch the others. But requiring that every movie be like you describe in order to go see it really limits you're development as a person. Never saw the appeal in that goal, frankly.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #20
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Saw the movie in the theather with my GF, apparently it is a date movie, go figure, and was mildly suprised. It was a good movie, but I am not going to be wrting home about it anytime soon. I thought the location was beautiful but will not be buying it on DVD. I will say that the bunny 30 second clip pretty much raps it up for those of you not willing to sit throught the whole movie.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #21
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
That's kind of like being 17 and already "knowing" what kind of car is "the best" and the only kind you want to drive. Or knowing what kind of food is the best and the only kind of food you'll ever eat.

Thank god i don't apply that mentality towards cars then.

Quote:
Watching a movie like this doesn't mean you can't stil watch the others. But requiring that every movie be like you describe in order to go see it really limits you're development as a person. Never saw the appeal in that goal, frankly.

I never said I don't watch other movies, I have watched movies with a deep storyline and most of the time I don't like them as I hardly get what is happening(unless it's a VCR and you can replay the scenes over and over). I just find it better to watch the movies I described. If that limits my development as a person then so be it.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:51 AM   #22
Scolson
CF Enthusiast

hey fudge you can rewind dvd's too
-Chuck Norris only masturbates to pictures of Chuck Norris.
-Chuck Norris invented water.
Scolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:56 AM   #23
Mathew

Quote:
Thank god i don't apply that mentality towards cars then.

I never said I don't watch other movies, I have watched movies with a deep storyline and most of the time I don't like them as I hardly get what is happening(unless it's a VCR and you can replay the scenes over and over). I just find it better to watch the movies I described. If that limits my development as a person then so be it.

So in other words, you don't have the intelligence required to watch a deep movie?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:01 AM   #24
Mathew

Quote:
The thing is I don't want trailers stuffed with critics endorsement to re-assure me that the movie is worth seeing-I can decide from the content(not endorsements) of the movie myself whether I would want to watch it or not. It may be a good movie but it hasn't got me to go to the cinemas for it which trailers are designed for.

Simple and entertaining movies are always good, but I like to see a movie that makes me reflect on life. The best movies are the ones that make you think, "wow, there's a whole lot more to life than what I'm doing", or "I actually have it really good compared to people", or "I can't believe I'm actually part of this human race that can accomplish such amazing things."

Movies like "A Beautiful Mind", or "Schindler's list". Try it sometime. They may not educate you directly, but they certainly open your mind.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #25
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
So in other words, you don't have the intelligence required to watch a deep movie?

Unfortunately I don't have the intelligence to understand whats going on when I watch it once in the cinemas. I'm like the one who ends up asking my friends or whoever I went with "what the hell was that all about?" and they'll usually say "Omg didn't you get it?!".
Old 03-13-2006, 07:04 AM   #26
Mathew

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have the intelligence to understand whats going on when I watch it once in the cinemas. I'm like the one who ends up asking my friends or whoever I went with "what the hell was that all about?" and they'll usually say "Omg didn't you get it?!".

Lol, well at least you're honest.