Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
Desire
CF Newbie

Advice: Best Car Present

Hey Everybody,
My bf's birthday is coming up & he has a mercedes benz 1999 E430 -- it is a great car in perfect condition and he loves it and I want to buy him a present for it. I was thinking of buying a remote keyless entry/car starter thing and getting it hooked up as I have one on my car and I use it all the time. What do you guys think? He already has xenon headlights and a pioneer dvd/map thing and he got it lowered. He is VERY picky about his car so this present has to be AWESOME -- like something he is guaranteed to love. Any advice will be very much appeciated!
xoxo,
Desire
Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

gee...I wish I had a girlfriend like this...Thats probably good, but make sure that if you are going to get one that it isn't a low quality one (they usually suck and have lots of false alarms). Door locks will cost you more if central door locks are not already installed though
Golddragoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:10 AM   #3
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddragoner
gee...I wish I had a girlfriend like this...
Don't remind me. I actually had a girlfriend like this (bought me $200 Jordan's for my 16th birthday). I was a dumb foolish arrogant piece of turd and I wish I would have known back then what I know now.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Desire
CF Newbie

Is there any specific brand that I should look into and should I get it installed at a mercedes dealership or just any car place? Thx for your help!!
Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

I highly recommend Compustar -

http://www.compustar.org/security_with_remote_start.htm

Depending on who you go through the price can range from 360$ installed to 650$ installed for the top of the line model, the 2WSS-AS, shop around a bit. (Prices are Canadian by the way..)
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

Well I got mine installed at Best Buy, I have had no problems with it and they were pretty good about it. Best alarms are probably the two-way ones, they at least tell you when the car alarm goes off when you are in range but can't hear it(i.e. in a store)
Golddragoner is offline   Reply With Quote