Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:48 AM   #1
VMJYogi
CF Addict

My life

Well i've decided to tell everyone about my life. This is to show that i am not a "little kid". This is to show that i dont simply have one point of view that i blindly follow. This is to show who i am. My name is Vicente Martinez Jr, for those of you that aren't geniuses i am hispanic. My mother is Dominican and my father is Cuban. They are both immigrants to this country. In Cuba life is different than it is here. My father was a teacher and then a professional singer in Cuba. He made more money than the average man (he even used to tell me stories about how he'd have college girls over one after another) and he was very popular. He was then forced to join the Cuban army. How he escaped? He faked his own insanity then jumped in the hull of a boat which brought him to America. He then spent a couple years trying to survive. He told me that @ times he slept on the benches at churches at night. He had to do whatever he could to live. But he was a strong man he never ate out of the garbage. He never once was a bum. He then moved here to Chicago. He got a job that paid 13.50 an hour when he started. He worked there 11 years. My mother also had a difficult life. She lived with her aunt while my grandmother came to America to secure a house be4 she brought her children over. My mother was the oldest of the children so she was the slave. She had to wake up @ 4 in the morning to do laundry (a bucket and rags with soap on them) then had to prepare food for the family. If she did not do this she would not be allowed to go to school that day (in other less fortunate countries it is considered very fun to go to school). She had to cater to the family's every whim @ the age of what? 10-15! She then grew up and had two children with this guy George. They are my half brother and sister. He ended up beating all 3 of them until day my mom was making his favorite...fried chicken and french fries, then took the pan of scalding oil and dumped it on him grabbed a bat and treatened to kill him if he ever touched her children again. He left. She then moved 2 days later here to America. she worked @ the same factory as my father and thats how they met. They were together 13 years and gave birth to me. But my father's and mother's life were too different to stay together. She wanted to live in a subarb and my dad as a singer wanted to live in the city. They seperated when i was 6. My mother then supported all 3 of us. My sister had to care for us while my mom worked. But getting beaten as a child took its toll on my sister and brother. They being 9 and 6 years older than me decided to start smoking weed. When i was 7 my brother told me to take my first hit. Then began my life as a pothead. My sister stopped taking as much care of me as she wanted to go out and have fun. My brother was back and forth in juvenile and group homes. I was in school too young to realize what was going on. However i soon grew up as i had to raise myself. My father always loved me, but he was never there. He wasn't yet ready to be a father. Even at the age of 43. There was one really bad night that my mom was smaking the shit out of my brother. I grabbed her arm and when she jerked back she broke my nose. Its kinda funny cause that brought us 4 together for probably the first time in months. One thing we always had was love. We weren't exactly the model family but we always loved each other. My injury just brought it back. As we grew up my mother was VERY strict (i guess working 14 hour dayss does that to a person). She grew up in a country that was very different than here in the US. If she ran away she'd be grabbed by the neighbor, beaten, then returned home where she'd be beaten again. So she raised us the same way she was raised. She never took any disrespect. I cant say that noone else has the same kind of life that i have. But what i can say is that nobody in this world will categorize me as some goddamn stuckup kid that has no respect for his elders and stubbornly supports his view. Cause if i did that growing up i wasn't smaked like in any elder's past here. Nope, i was grabbed thrown in my room told to get naked then hit with an extension cord for a couple minutes. I had nothing but respect. But i dont want anyone to misinterpret my family. I stopped smoking when i was 12 (that means i smoked on a daily basis for 5 years). My sister and brother wouldn't let me anymore. I stayed in school though my sister a straight A student dropped out 3 months before graduation to prove a point to my mom. My brother dropped out his sophmore year. We are still surviving however. We are damn near a family of geniuses. My sister always deemed the slowest one is brighter than most people i know. My brother the one that u'd all think is a nobody is the smartest person i have ever met (including myself). For a drop out that stole cars for fun he took the ASVAB (armed services vocational aptitude battery) and scored a 95. Out of 99. Oh yeah, most people get a 46. He had the opportunity to skip grades on multiple occasions. Myself? I only got a 88. I'm not a good kid either though. If anyone can find it online. I was arrested on March 7, 2004 for fleeing and evading an officer, possesion of a controlled substance, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and unlawful use of a weapon. Check the Chicago police blotter. I was confused in life and wanted to make some money. The life i was thinking of living consisted of making about $2,000 a day selling drugs. Yes people it is extremely easy to do make that much. But i changed my mind. I decided to go back to school and work on making good money. Now i am going to go to the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Datona Beach, Florida. My father recently told me that he knew that he didn't need to care for me. He told me that he knew i would make it and my father remains the greatest influence in my life. He is by far the wisest man i know. He is where i get my psychology from. He knows things that people generally dont know. He could meet you and 3 days later know every one of your deepest secrets that u've held from your best friends for years. This thread has no point. All i want to be known is that i am not an ignorant child, and i do not like being called so. If you really want to meet the kind of person i am then you can call me or meet me in person. I've been through things that people 3 times my age still have yet to experience. I know what it is to worry about bills, and wonder what will become of kids, if they'll turn out fine. If they're being raised the right way. What i dont know about is how it must be to live a life that allows you to become a 40 year old man that uses the computer. I wish my mother had the time to figure out how to operate one. She does not have that freedom. I cant imagine what it is like to live your life so dont assume that because you have once been young that you know what it is like to have lived mine. My life is completely different. This is not a disscusion this is a story of my past so to debate what i am saying is ignorant. To post something stupid is ignorant. To not understand that what i am saying is completely serious is ignorant.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
Old 07-21-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

really apreciative man! i feel for you! you done good with yourself
Old 07-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Wow Yogi, thanks for sharing man. Hope everything goes well in FL for you.
~Voda
Old 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
SuperJew
I like pie.

um yeah i'm sorry, but i just cant read all that in one sitting. but from what i read its very informative...

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 07-21-2004, 03:19 PM   #5
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
um yeah i'm sorry, but i just cant read all that in one sitting. but from what i read its very informative...

Haha, one sitting. What is this breakfeast? You can only finish so much in one serving?

Nice story Yogi, but I can't even begin to fathom how you can speak of your father so highly. Dissapears when you are young, then comes back after you're emancipated. Sounds kinda conspicuous if you ask me. "He knew that he did'nt have to care for you"...hmm

Anywhos, great story.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
Old 07-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

great story, although i would like to see that Chicago police blotter thing.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:58 PM   #7
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

talk about rough... So...how old...are you anyways?

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Old 07-21-2004, 05:03 PM   #8
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Damn.. that does sound rough.. my life hasnt always been good but i wont go into it. anyway i dont know you well yogi but im sure your not a lil kid.

Thanks for the post matey

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Old 07-21-2004, 08:10 PM   #9
Inygknok
El del Supra

kudos to yogi. i actually understand how he feels about some of those things cuz i used to live like that (without the whole dad beating up on mom thing). im not gonna get into details about my life cuz i dont see any point in the use of it, but i too lived a life of gangs and crap for quite alot of years and it was one very special girl that helped me change and give people a chance. luckily, i never got myself caught since i was too clever for it, but i did have the unfortunate luck of seeing alot of people get killed and lost many friends like that.

anyhow, wat really got my attention is wat he said about many people being already mid-aged adults (or more) and still havent even experienced half of the crap out there in the world, and yet, they still like to talk about knowing the facts of life.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #10
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
anyhow, wat really got my attention is wat he said about many people being already mid-aged adults (or more) and still havent even experienced half of the crap out there in the world, and yet, they still like to talk about knowing the facts of life.

It's called learning by example and not by experience. It is one aspect of learning that ChrisV talks about a lot.

Some of the more intelligent people don't need to experience "crap" to know what "crap" is.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 07-21-2004, 08:38 PM   #11
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

the same goes for us "young" people too.....
Old 07-21-2004, 10:59 PM   #12
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
It's called learning by example and not by experience. It is one aspect of learning that ChrisV talks about a lot.

Some of the more intelligent people don't need to experience "crap" to know what "crap" is.

there is this phrase here in PR that goes:

Uno no aprende por cabeza ajena. - One does not learn by foreign head. (it sounds really bad in english if i translate it word by word, so its actually somewhere along "One does not learn by other's experience").

anyhow, i think those "more intelligent" people can understand the saying without me having to explain it for them.

i dont believe that it makes people smarter just cuz they didnt go through some experiences to learn some things. otherwise, every single human being in this planet would be a complete moron since everyone makes mistakes, thats wat u dont want to understand. ChrisV talks about learning by experience, hence why he always complains about the ages.

i believe that it has been said many times on other topics that people shouldnt talk about certain things unless they have experience on them. u cant talk about knowing about child abuse if u havent gone through it. its like cars, reading something online and actually experiencing it in person are 2 completely different things. its the same story with experiences in life. sometimes u dont even have to be "smarter" to go through experiences in life. some people dont even have a choice, just like Yogi's mother. i am very sure no one is stupid enough to choose "i want to get abused by my husband". im sure she had probably heard of it before and knew about it, but she had never experienced it and didnt know how it felt.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:48 PM   #13
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
there is this phrase here in PR that goes:

Uno no aprende por cabeza ajena. - One does not learn by foreign head. (it sounds really bad in english if i translate it word by word, so its actually somewhere along "One does not learn by other's experience").

anyhow, i think those "more intelligent" people can understand the saying without me having to explain it for them.

i dont believe that it makes people smarter just cuz they didnt go through some experiences to learn some things. otherwise, every single human being in this planet would be a complete moron since everyone makes mistakes, thats wat u dont want to understand. ChrisV talks about learning by experience, hence why he always complains about the ages.

i believe that it has been said many times on other topics that people shouldnt talk about certain things unless they have experience on them. u cant talk about knowing about child abuse if u havent gone through it. its like cars, reading something online and actually experiencing it in person are 2 completely different things. its the same story with experiences in life. sometimes u dont even have to be "smarter" to go through experiences in life. some people dont even have a choice, just like Yogi's mother. i am very sure no one is stupid enough to choose "i want to get abused by my husband". im sure she had probably heard of it before and knew about it, but she had never experienced it and didnt know how it felt.

...one must not have lived through child abuse to understand it is wrong and a life-long trauma for the victim.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:43 AM   #14
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
...one must not have lived through child abuse to understand it is wrong and a life-long trauma for the victim.

yes, and hence why it doesnt make anyone any more "intelligent" just cuz they were taught something instead of going through it.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:59 AM   #15
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
yes, and hence why it doesnt make anyone any more "intelligent" just cuz they were taught something instead of going through it.

But denying the experience of someone other than self, does make a case for less intelligence.

Closed Thread