Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 06:39 AM   #1
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

The last Christian vs. Whatever post.

Ok guys im tired of trying to explain things that you will never get. It seems like one of these posts come up once every two months. So I hope this post will be the last one. Here is the scenario

Right now im sitting at my computer eating an orange. Now that I have finished it, I want you guys to tell me how the orange tasted. Was it sweet or was it sour? Was it ripe or was it rotten? Was it juicy or was it dry?

The point is not one of you guys can tell me how that orange tasted. Just like me a Christian(or any other Christian) can't fully explain what it's like. We can try to make you guys understand but you will never get it. The only way to truly understand is to know Jesus as your personal savior. Then you will know his love his compassion and his grace. Only those who have tasted the love of Christ know what it's all about.

So all in all the only way to understand is to believe

Last edited by stevenbob0 : 03-10-2006 at 07:13 AM.
stevenbob0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

I just read my post again Sorry if this is too preachy but this is something I feel strongly about
Old 03-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I'm Christian also, but the way I see it is that Jesus was our saviour, and there is a greater being (God) but I don't believe in too much of what the Bible says, some stuff I do believe however.

I think religion has taken over a lot of government threads, and I think it should end already...but this thread will probably be locked

Old 03-10-2006, 07:02 AM   #4
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

yea dude the three touchiest subjects are religion, politics, and sports. People just can't agree upon these things because they are stupid ignorant stubborn bastards. Well people should just accept other peoples religions if they have one and leave it at that instead of trying to force their religion or explain their religion to someone else.

EDIT: this is ironically my devil post talking about religion. How many of you can say that. By devil post I mean "666" for those of you who didn't get it.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
97Talonchik
discombobulated

I believe.....

that you misspelled orange repeatedly.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #6
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

lol
Thanks my bad
Old 03-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'm a christian....but I tend not to preech it.....I can see this being one of "those" threads lol

I'm also not too sure why you started this thread either....what was the question? lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

I was a Christian.. LOL, I was raised Christian, went to church and all that jazz... I never felt this love of Christ your talking about... when I fell out of the church and went my own way... I never felt anything different... I didn’t get a dear Jon letter from god either LOL. It is my belief that religion is only there to helps those who need it help them from feeling small, or insignificant... I don’t care if there is a god or not... Ill live my life by my values (mainly Christian but there’s a lot of Buddhism in there too) and I’ll be the good person I’ve always been, I’ll continue to give to my charities, I’ll continue to volunteer and I’ll give a bum a dollar... I don’t need to feel this "love" to live and I think of it as a crutch.

I have nothing against you for your beliefs... this is America and your entitled to them... it just seems that because you Christians are in the majority we atheists or agnostics are being trampled on... and that’s not what this country is about… when ever the majority gets to trample over the minority you always end up with social problems… but then again your in the majority so you probably don’t give a shit.
And that’s where my animosity towards you guys is coming from…
Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #9
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Yeah, i'm kind of scratching my head at this one, I can't really recall seeing a post about religion before...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

im just tired of trying to explain things that people will never get and i hoped that this post would show every body that now matter how hard you try you can never explain it. It doesn't do any good to try to debate it.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #11
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm a christian....but I tend not to preech it.....I can see this being one of "those" threads lol

I'm also not too sure why you started this thread either....what was the question? lol

lol,

so is this about oranges or jesus?

EDIT-- damn thats offensive, whoops

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."

Last edited by nighthawk : 03-10-2006 at 05:30 PM.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

I could tell you what it's like...but I'm pretty sure Bav said something along the lines of religion isn't a tolerated issue on CF to me once, so I'll just keep quiet.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #13
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbob0
im just tired of trying to explain things that people will never get and i hoped that this post would show every body that now matter how hard you try you can never explain it. It doesn't do any good to try to debate it.

Then why even bring it up?
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #14
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

Ok you know what nobody is getting what this thread is about so im just going to shut up and only talke about cars.(witch was the point of the thred but nobody will even get this post so ya)
Old 03-11-2006, 02:44 AM   #15
shev
CF Enthusiast

Wtf, I eat oranges all the time. to me christianity tastes more like an apple.

I get what youre trying to say, although I disagree. you dont have to be christian to understand why someone would want to be christian. are you saying you have no clue what a banana (atheism) tastes like? I can put myself in another man's shoes, and understand why someone would be a christian, muslim, or atheist. Christianity, and all religions arent a party with a strict guestlist, people can come and go as they like.

damn all these metaphors.
shev is offline   Reply With Quote