Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 04:26 AM   #16
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbob0
Ya maybe but I don't think that one cell organisms is going to make anybody not believe. It would have to take something with a soul to start making people question things like a human

But you never know maybe God created a animal on another planet
That just raises more questions though, like who created God, and who created the thing that created God, and so on...we've been over this before lol
Old 03-10-2006, 04:26 AM   #17
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

saying "but you never know ......" doesn't really disprove anything.

i'm just pointing out that if life was found, it would mess with the creation-evolution-whatever argument.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:33 AM   #18
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

only if it has a soul. that woud mess thing up.
stevenbob0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:33 AM   #19
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
saying "but you never know ......" doesn't really disprove anything.

i'm just pointing out that if life was found, it would mess with the creation-evolution-whatever argument.
thank god... in my eyes itd put it to rest... the bible never mentions a moon in our solar system... i mean if god had created life there wouldnt he have mentioned it?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 AM   #20
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
only if it has a soul. that woud mess thing up.
how do you know we have a soul? how do you measure a soul? if we found beings of comparable intelligence to our selfs? would you just say oh they dont have a soul?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #21
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

TheFieroKid- thank god what, specifically? didja think i was gonna go all anti-religion or somethin?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:44 AM   #22
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

ok heres the deal ill just post up what the dictionary has to say

1. The spiritual, rational, and immortal part in man; that part of man which enables him to think, and which renders him a subject of moral government; -- sometimes, in distinction from the higher nature, or spirit, of man, the so-called animal soul, that is, the seat of life, the sensitive affections and phantasy, exclusive of the voluntary and rational powers; -- sometimes, in distinction from the mind, the moral and emotional part of man's nature, the seat of feeling, in distinction from intellect; -- sometimes, the intellect only; the understanding; the seat of knowledge, as distinguished from feeling. In a more general sense, "an animating, separable, surviving entity, the vehicle of individual personal existence." Tylor. "The eyes of our souls only then begin to see, when our bodily eyes are closing." Law.
2. The seat of real life or vitality; the source of action; the animating or essential part. "The hidden soul of harmony." Milton. "Thou sun, of this great world both eye and soul." Milton.
3. The leader; the inspirer; the moving spirit; the heart; as, the soul of an enterprise; an able gemeral is the soul of his army. "He is the very soul of bounty!" Shak.
4. Energy; courage; spirit; fervor; affection, or any other noble manifestation of the heart or moral nature; inherent power or goodness. "That he wants algebra he must confess; But not a soul to give our arms success." Young.
5. A human being; a person; -- a familiar appellation, usually with a qualifying epithet; as, poor soul. "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Prov. xxv. 25. "God forbid so many simple souls Should perish by the aword!" Shak. "Now mistress Gilpin (careful soul)." Cowper.
6. A pure or disembodied spirit. "That to his only Son . . . every soul in heaven Shall bend the knee." Milton.
^ Soul is used in the formation of numerous compounds, most of which are of obvious signification; as, soul-betraying, soul-consuming, soul-destroying, soul-distracting, soul-enfeebling, soul-exalting, soul-felt, soul-harrowing, soul-piercing, soul-quickening, soul-reviving, soul-stirring, soul-subduing, soul-withering, etc.

as you can see the soul is the like your conshents (however you spell it). Its there but its not if you know what I mean. You cant measur it you cant see it but its there.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:45 AM   #23
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

no, I was just saying thank goodness it would spark conversation
Old 03-10-2006, 04:45 AM   #24
chris_knows
๑۩۞

This has gotten pretty off topic, so I'll ask something, does anybody here believe in the Bible code, or whatever it's called, where some scientists hacked the Bible, and found secret codes that tell the future, and stuff, like Saddam Hussein, 9/11, etc...

What it is is there's some program that you type key words into, and then the program searches for a pattern in there, like "end of the world" and every 147 characters would be the letters from the word/phrase and then if you continue on through the Bible using that pattern, it will say something related to it...

Old 03-10-2006, 04:48 AM   #25
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
This has gotten pretty off topic, so I'll ask something, does anybody here believe in the Bible code, or whatever it's called, where some scientists hacked the Bible, and found secret codes that tell the future, and stuff, like Saddam Hussein, 9/11, etc...

What it is is there's some program that you type key words into, and then the program searches for a pattern in there, like "end of the world" and every 147 characters would be the letters from the word/phrase and then if you continue on through the Bible using that pattern, it will say something related to it...

well this is so vague that you can throw it on basically anything significant that happens I mean thats like nostradamus or however spelled. He was a prophet that predicted 9/11. Then again he wrote thousands of these predictions.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #26
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

so if the beings have a conscience and know whats right and wrong youll say they have a soul? that makes no sence.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #27
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

i cannot see this ending well...

stevenbob0- if a person was removed from society, and had no human interaction, would they still have a soul?

if a person was removed from society, and had no human interaction, would they have a feeling for what is "right" and "wrong", and ultimately, a conscience?

think about how those two questions relate to each other, and your lengthy, and ultimately flawed, post.

aww... thefierokid kinda beat me too it. bastard.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:42 AM   #28
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Personally I truly believe that there is other life out there (whatever it may be, or how big/small it is). They say there's all these other planets and solar systems with more planets and what not out there, so how could it be that ONE planet (Earth) in a MILLION other planets (I know there's probably more, but you get the point) has life, there's got to be more planets kind of like ours no matter what the Bible may or may not say.

Hope that makes sense, as it's kind of hard to explain in typing rather the talking..

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #29
stevenbob0
CF Enthusiast

LoL

I know exactly what you mean. I wish i could talk to all of you guys. It would be so much easier to explain.

Last edited by stevenbob0 : 03-10-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #30
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
LoL

I know exactly what you mean. I wish i could talk to all of you guys. It would be so much easier to explain.
It's like that in anything though, verbal/physical communication is the best kind (as you then hear the tone and see the gestures to help understand the picture, with writing it's just like.. there).

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote