Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #31
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I can almost guarantee that within 10 years we will have made contact with extraterrestrial life...I saw this guy on Discovery channel who looks for aliens, and he said that, so I feel pretty sure about it

We already have silly. His name is Michael. Michael Jackson.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #32
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

nooooo, the government just transmuted him into an alien... dont you know anything?
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #33
97Talonchik
discombobulated

If you say so...lol. I stick by my sentence.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #34
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

pfft, we have visual proof of his long term transmutations...

whatcha doin up so late anyway? dont people still do that work thing after college?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #35
97Talonchik
discombobulated

oh yeah...I meant to post a thread about work, lol. Check there. Yes, but I can't sleep. I need to go to bed.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #36
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

*is confused*

check where?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #37
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
ya right... what makes you think that a plantiod with water, heat and organic material wont support life?
What do you mean by heat? Things get hot because the molecules in them start vibrating faster and faster, so using this, you could define heat as any temperature that isn't 0 Kelvin(absolute 0). I believe I'm right about the whole vibration thing, I'm too lazy to go look it up in my chemistry book right now

Also, what exactly do you mean by organic material?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #38
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
What do you mean by heat? Things get hot because the molecules in them start vibrating faster and faster, so using this, you could define heat as any temperature that isn't 0 Kelvin(absolute 0). I believe I'm right about the whole vibration thing, I'm too lazy to go look it up in my chemistry book right now

Also, what exactly do you mean by organic material?
Heat coming from the center of the planetoid, like molten rock… its obvious because geysers are caused when water is heated by a volcano and it rises and erupts!

And I’m not sure about the organic material they weren’t specific on that in the article…

If you want to know what kind of life could be there.. take a look right here on earth at the deep see heat plumes, where all sorts of life is, miles under the waters surface where no light or heat form the sun reaches.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #39
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Heat coming from the center of the planetoid, like molten rock… its obvious because geysers are caused when water is heated by a volcano and it rises and erupts!
Ok, I'll give ya that, but even then, life had to get there somehow in the first place. How'd that happen?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #40
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Ok, I'll give ya that, but even then, life had to get there somehow in the first place. How'd that happen?

Same way life started here, random proteins mixed to create primitive dna and it evolved from there… all this would prove is that earth was not a fluke.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #41
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbob0
Ya maybe but I don't think that one cell organisms is going to make anybody not believe. It would have to take something with a soul to start making people question things like a human

But God could created a animal on another planet

But why would He if this was the only abode? Why make the planets at all, and not just dots in the sky?

But no, I don't think that finding life on other planets will dissuade anyone, as realizing that the universe didn't rotate around the earth didn't, and finding that the dots in the sky are stars and planets didn't.

Why woudn't there be life on other planets, if He put planets out there? It'd be a royal waste.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:38 AM   #42
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Same way life started here, random proteins mixed to create primitive dna and it evolved from there… all this would prove is that earth was not a fluke.
But what about all that lightning and methane gas and whatnot. Does this moon have an atmosphere?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 03-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #43
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
But what about all that lightning and methane gas and whatnot. Does this moon have an atmosphere?
Yes this moon has to have some form of atmosphere, if you recall from chem. Water at lower pressures will boil at lower temps, so if there was no atmosphere the water on the moon would be a gas.

Now, if you recall from bio, water based life forms take in air from the water, through passages known as gills… so if you again recall from chem. Water is made up of 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen.

Now put all this together and you have the basic building blocks for life, Water, heat, air, probably basic proteins (or other organic material)… so your basic assumption should be that aquatic life should be able to be supported on this moon. And when we go there we will find this hypothesis to be true… and the life we find will be the most unique and strange we have ever seen… because it’ll be life that evolved on another planet… and that’s damn cool! And a thousand year old question that man has been asking him self since he first stared up at the stars “are we alone?” will be answered

Last edited by TheFieroKid : 03-11-2006 at 08:29 AM.
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #44
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

I dont have dial up why did it double post me? lol